+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
canuck_in_uk said:
And the wait for the COPR is over!! It arrived today, so happy to have it in our hands!

It was issued March 7th, so it took them 3 days to update ECAS to Decision Made......when I saw that, I had visions of an evil VO (for some reason, looking much like the evil leprechaun from the movie "Leprechaun", I don't know why lol) sat behind a desk cackling while purposely torturing us for those last 3 days :D

Off to Port Angeles on Wednesday to flagpole. Then on Thursday, off to get a SIN, open a bank account, apply for Canadian driver's license and medical....nice to actually be able to do all of those things now!!!!
Hello there neighbour!

I also flagpoled through Port Angeles, and it was a very sunny day ( pretty much the same as today in Victoria!) so it was actually a nice trip ( but there is not much to do in Port Angeles for 2h!).
DM appears on ecas the day it's sent out, not the day the visa is issued - mine was the same, it was a 3 days difference... but I like the leprechaun image! :)
Enjoy the coming spring!
Sweden

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sweden said:
Hello there neighbour!

I also flagpoled through Port Angeles, and it was a very sunny day ( pretty much the same as today in Victoria!) so it was actually a nice trip ( but there is not much to do in Port Angeles for 2h!).
DM appears on ecas the day it's sent out, not the day the visa is issued - mine was the same, it was a 3 days difference... but I like the leprechaun image! :)
Enjoy the coming spring!
Sweden
Ah, I thought it was changed on day of issue. But I still imagine the VO as an evil leprechaun.....which is probably insulting to evil leprechauns everywhere ;)

Apparently it's supposed to rain on Wednesday when we flagpole, so I'm not counting on a nice, scenic ferry ride. I think we're just gonna go for lunch near the ferry to kill the 2 hours. I'll take my kindle and read the entire way :)

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
DGT said:
I hope it doesn't delay anything for you! Well worth the extra money for you I think.
Hey there, just wondering if you know of a similar service to this one but in Vancouver? From what I read it looks like this service site is only available in Toronto? We had fingerprints taken for my husband over 5 weeks ago now and according to the website can take up to 18 weeks, if there is a faster service available, I would be happy to pay to speed up the process...Please let me know if you have any information thanks:)

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
Hi,

Back with more questions!! Been visiting Canada since December and due to go back to London for a week in April. Unlikely that I am going to have DM by the time I come back...but stranger things have happened!! Assuming I have not got DM and I am entering as a visitor again do I have another 6 months from the latest date of entry?

Also got e-mail from London asking for full birth certificate for my daughter - have applied for it as could only find the shortened version. The e-mail then went on with a whole load of stuff about don't take any irreversible steps at the moment and something about I may not be accepted into my profession which I was surprised about as I have applied under family sponsorship....is this just standard stuff?

If its still Sweden managing the spreadsheet do you want to update me as additional documents requested? Thanks in advance

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
claire_09 said:
Hi,

Back with more questions!! Been visiting Canada since December and due to go back to London for a week in April. Unlikely that I am going to have DM by the time I come back...but stranger things have happened!! Assuming I have not got DM and I am entering as a visitor again do I have another 6 months from the latest date of entry?

Also got e-mail from London asking for full birth certificate for my daughter - have applied for it as could only find the shortened version. The e-mail then went on with a whole load of stuff about don't take any irreversible steps at the moment and something about I may not be accepted into my profession which I was surprised about as I have applied under family sponsorship....is this just standard stuff?

If its still Sweden managing the spreadsheet do you want to update me as additional documents requested? Thanks in advance
Hello! I do believe that all that information they have given you is standard advice, so don't panic. The London refusal rate is extremely low, but they always do recommend not to begin the moving process etc. until your COPR is in the bag. As to the first point, you will most likely get another 6 months upon your return to Canada, though it's at the discretion of the CBSA officer at the border. In most cases they will just ask how long you intend to stay, and you can just ask for 6 months while you wait out your PR. Best of luck!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
kaede1977 said:
Hey there, just wondering if you know of a similar service to this one but in Vancouver? From what I read it looks like this service site is only available in Toronto? We had fingerprints taken for my husband over 5 weeks ago now and according to the website can take up to 18 weeks, if there is a faster service available, I would be happy to pay to speed up the process...Please let me know if you have any information thanks:)

http://www.commissionaires.bc.ca/fingerprinting-id/

When I clicked on "find a location near you" I just got a contact form, but I'm sure there will be an office somewhere close by - there were two in downtown TO :)

Ooops - the locations are listed at the bottom of the contact page ;D

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
DGT said:
Hello! I do believe that all that information they have given you is standard advice, so don't panic. The London refusal rate is extremely low, but they always do recommend not to begin the moving process etc. until your COPR is in the bag. As to the first point, you will most likely get another 6 months upon your return to Canada, though it's at the discretion of the CBSA officer at the border. In most cases they will just ask how long you intend to stay, and you can just ask for 6 months while you wait out your PR. Best of luck!
Thank you DGT :)

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
When you're mailing stuff to the VO in London can you send a courier like FedEx or someone? Sending a courier means I can send it next day and I want to know when they've received it.

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
rebecassss said:
http://www.commissionaires.bc.ca/fingerprinting-id/

When I clicked on "find a location near you" I just got a contact form, but I'm sure there will be an office somewhere close by - there were two in downtown TO :)

Ooops - the locations are listed at the bottom of the contact page ;D
Thank you thank you thank you!!! going today to get prints done:)

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
kaede1977 said:
Thank you thank you thank you!!! going today to get prints done:)
Awesome!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Hi guys!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but.. how do I change the address on my application? I checked e-CAS but didn't notice any place there where this could be done. Do I just email London VO?

Thanks! :)

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
godisFin said:
Hi guys!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but.. how do I change the address on my application? I checked e-CAS but didn't notice any place there where this could be done. Do I just email London VO?

Thanks! :)
Right here buddy!

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london

xebex

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Fernie, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
Hi All,

Does anyone have any advice on this:

I've been in Canada for the last 16 months as a visitor. Husband and I applied for PR in October. My mailing address on the ECAS is UK but my home address is shown as being in Canada where I was living with my husband.

I"m now in the UK for 4 months, waiting for PR to be accepted and visiting friends and family. Should i update my home address to the UK one or will that delay things. Do they need to know that i'm now living away from him, even though its only for 4 months till i go back?

Also does anyone know if CIC think i'm living with him already in canada, that that delay the wait time as CIC won't see it as urgent?

Thanks

Rebecca