+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
specialdiablo said:
Thanks! Still worried. They asked us to redo the background check form about 6 weeks ago, then today we got an email asking my husband to explain the expunged trespassing charge. Which we hadn't mentioned because it was expunged. This waiting is torture! Now i think they might ask for rcmp clearance because he has been here for two years. Not that he has been arrested but the extra wait will be awful...
Ah! That's unfortunate. Yeah, I do believe that they want to hear all information regarding arrests and what not, even if they are quashed or expunged. I hope that there is no extra wait for you, and they take your explanation for what it is! Try not to worry, you'll get there eventually!

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
markstimson said:
DO NOT GO TO THE POLICE STATION. They cannot help you, and you will need to get a private company to handle this for you. In Toronto, I used The National Pardon Centre at 2 Carlton St who also handle RCMP police certificate requests.

I was in the same boat for my last IEC visa as apparently I have a similar name to a known criminal! So you go here (or a place like fingerscan), pay the fee, and they take photos and prints and submit it electronically to the RCMP on your behalf. The whole process from the day you get this done to receiving the cert in the post should be 7-10 days.

Whatever you do or whoever you choose to use if not these guys, DO NOT POST your application form for the police cert to RCMP as this takes months to process for some reason, and you will miss the deadline. You then physically post the certificate to London.
Hi markstimson

My husband was requested finger prints and he is going to New Scotland Yard in London to do this finger print. How long does it take for London VO to start processing his file again once they receive his finger prints?

Thanks

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
qtazngal said:
Hi markstimson

My husband was requested finger prints and he is going to New Scotland Yard in London to do this finger print. How long does it take for London VO to start processing his file again once they receive his finger prints?

Thanks
Unfortunately I don't know when fingerprints are needed outside of Canada :(

Also mine were requested for an IEC visa and so the timframes would be like comparing apples and oranges. Sorry!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
markstimson said:
DO NOT GO TO THE POLICE STATION. They cannot help you, and you will need to get a private company to handle this for you. In Toronto, I used The National Pardon Centre at 2 Carlton St who also handle RCMP police certificate requests.

I was in the same boat for my last IEC visa as apparently I have a similar name to a known criminal! So you go here (or a place like fingerscan), pay the fee, and they take photos and prints and submit it electronically to the RCMP on your behalf. The whole process from the day you get this done to receiving the cert in the post should be 7-10 days.

Whatever you do or whoever you choose to use if not these guys, DO NOT POST your application form for the police cert to RCMP as this takes months to process for some reason, and you will miss the deadline. You then physically post the certificate to London.
Thanks for the response! I actually just got back from getting it done.

I got it done here http://www.commissionaires-cgl.ca/en/services-personal/personal-criminal-record-checks/

They took my prints electronically and sent to the RCMP directly. It should take 2-3 days and I should have the thing within a week. Written applications can take up to three months!!! So doing the whole police station thing would have been a disaster. It took 15 minutes and it was $57. Would definitely recommend that anyone who gets this request takes this route.

I'm really hoping that now I'm In Process and that this is all they have asked for that we're nearly done!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
rebecassss said:
Thanks for the response! I actually just got back from getting it done.

I got it done here http://www.commissionaires-cgl.ca/en/services-personal/personal-criminal-record-checks/

They took my prints electronically and sent to the RCMP directly. It should take 2-3 days and I should have the thing within a week. Written applications can take up to three months!!! So doing the whole police station thing would have been a disaster. It took 15 minutes and it was $57. Would definitely recommend that anyone who gets this request takes this route.

I'm really hoping that now I'm In Process and that this is all they have asked for that we're nearly done!
I hope it doesn't delay anything for you! Well worth the extra money for you I think.

saraeascott

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2012
File Transfer...
28/12/2012
Med's Done....
01/07/2012
Since there is a bit of a discussion going on about this B4 form and bringing stuff over, I thought I'd get people's advice/thoughts on my boyfriend's situation.

He is coming over from England in a week and he's planning on bringing his bicycle, a box of records (vinyl not documents!) and a suitcase of clothes. He is saying that he is waiting out his PR and that we are going travelling (with the bikes) through Canada/US in the meantime. Now we are hoping to get his PR before the end of the 6 months (which would be Sept and we applied last October). He has a one way ticket only... So my questions are...

1) Does he have to fill in a B4 form - or is that only done officially once he's settled in Canada?
2) What have others who are waiting out for their PR done about their stuff? Did you declare anything upon arrival before you had PR? Did you declare once you were 'settled'?

The above mentioned stuff is all that he's bringing over - he's sold all his furniture/electronics etc - so there is nothing being shipped etc.

Thanks again for all the advice! I seem to have 1000 questions going through my mind every day about this process. Thank goodness for this forum!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
DGT said:
I hope it doesn't delay anything for you! Well worth the extra money for you I think.
I hope it doesn't delay anything, too. I told my husband I'm going to write urgent all over the package we send to London :p. Definitely worth the extra money (at least, I think it costs more. The woman on the phone told me it would be $81 but the guy at the office said it's $57 because it's immigration and they waive one of their fees) but even if it is more, definitely worth the extra for speed and convenience.

CIC have actually been really great with us - when we've needed something they've told us right away, they've responded to all my enquiries and it looks like they're processing us with the September people rather than the December people which is just <3 and our application is so small and simple, I'm really not expecting any delays. Fingers crossed :)

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
If you're already in Canada when your COPR comes (like on an IEC visa) and you go to flag-pole on to your PR do you need that B4 form?

I have switched checking ECAS for checking my mailbox. I actually checked it on Sat even though I know you don't get post on a Saturday - just in case though!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
saraeascott said:
Since there is a bit of a discussion going on about this B4 form and bringing stuff over, I thought I'd get people's advice/thoughts on my boyfriend's situation.

He is coming over from England in a week and he's planning on bringing his bicycle, a box of records (vinyl not documents!) and a suitcase of clothes. He is saying that he is waiting out his PR and that we are going travelling (with the bikes) through Canada/US in the meantime. Now we are hoping to get his PR before the end of the 6 months (which would be Sept and we applied last October). He has a one way ticket only... So my questions are...

1) Does he have to fill in a B4 form - or is that only done officially once he's settled in Canada?
2) What have others who are waiting out for their PR done about their stuff? Did you declare anything upon arrival before you had PR? Did you declare once you were 'settled'?

The above mentioned stuff is all that he's bringing over - he's sold all his furniture/electronics etc - so there is nothing being shipped etc.

Thanks again for all the advice! I seem to have 1000 questions going through my mind every day about this process. Thank goodness for this forum!
Hello! Absolutely do not declare anything on a B4 on your way in as a visitor, even if you're waiting out PR. It's only for residents, either new or returning! So, there we go. Simple!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
michty6 said:
If you're already in Canada when your COPR comes (like on an IEC visa) and you go to flag-pole on to your PR do you need that B4 form?

I have switched checking ECAS for checking my mailbox. I actually checked it on Sat even though I know you don't get post on a Saturday - just in case though!
You will need the B4 if you're importing any of your belongings from the old country! The form allows you to import your belongings tax free. If you're not bringing stuff in, now or later, then you don't need it.

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Hmmm I mean I brought over some stuff (clothes, latop, camera etc) but I wouldn't be bringing in anything new when I flag-poled - it will literally just be me and the clothes on my back! Obviously also own a bunch of stuff that I bought here too...

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
michty6 said:
Hmmm I mean I brought over some stuff (clothes, latop, camera etc) but I wouldn't be bringing in anything new when I flag-poled - it will literally just be me and the clothes on my back! Obviously also own a bunch of stuff that I bought here too...
That's fine then! No extra paperwork for you. Lord knows you've done enough!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
And the wait for the COPR is over!! It arrived today, so happy to have it in our hands!

It was issued March 7th, so it took them 3 days to update ECAS to Decision Made......when I saw that, I had visions of an evil VO (for some reason, looking much like the evil leprechaun from the movie "Leprechaun", I don't know why lol) sat behind a desk cackling while purposely torturing us for those last 3 days :D

Off to Port Angeles on Wednesday to flagpole. Then on Thursday, off to get a SIN, open a bank account, apply for Canadian driver's license and medical....nice to actually be able to do all of those things now!!!!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
canuck_in_uk said:
And the wait for the COPR is over!! It arrived today, so happy to have it in our hands!

It was issued March 7th, so it took them 3 days to update ECAS to Decision Made......when I saw that, I had visions of an evil VO (for some reason, looking much like the evil leprechaun from the movie "Leprechaun", I don't know why lol) sat behind a desk cackling while purposely torturing us for those last 3 days :D

Off to Port Angeles on Wednesday to flagpole. Then on Thursday, off to get a SIN, open a bank account, apply for Canadian driver's license and medical....nice to actually be able to do all of those things now!!!!
Congratulations!! :D