+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
GalloQuebecois said:
Hooray! :D :D :D :D

Got my COPR in the post today.

Took a week to get from London to Montreal.

"Flagpoling" (can't believe that's a verb) this weekend!

Good luck to the rest of you. It's taken the full 9 months for us so stay patient.
congrats!!! How long did it take you from you CSQ To decision made?!

GalloQuebecois

Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-05-2012
SwedentoQuebec said:
congrats!!! How long did it take you from you CSQ To decision made?!
sorry - CSQ - what is this??

saraeascott

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2012
File Transfer...
28/12/2012
Med's Done....
01/07/2012
couple of quick questions (sorry for the repetition, I know they've been asked before)

My boyfriend is coming over in 10 days in hopes of waiting out the next few months for his PR.

1) when he goes through customs at Pearson, can he say that he's waiting for his PR, and that we are going travelling and that he'll fly back in 6 months if he doesn't get PR in between that time or is it better to say that he's just here visiting?

2) should we change his address on ECAS now or after he arrives (I'm assuming it's ok to change his England address to a Canadian address at this point in the process?)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
GalloQuebecois said:
Certificat de Selection du Quebec - only sponsors who intend to settle in Quebec, or are Quebec residents, are required to provide one - it's an added step for Quebec.
It doesn't really have any bearing on the process though. Once stage 1 is approved, the sponsor is required to fill out the application for CSQ and it's usually granted within 30 days, then sent to the VO - the VO usually hasn't even opened the file at that stage. The VO won't issue a PR for a future Quebec-resident if the CSQ is not in the file, but it's usually only a formality for most, so not much delay from that.
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
saraeascott said:
couple of quick questions (sorry for the repetition, I know they've been asked before)

My boyfriend is coming over in 10 days in hopes of waiting out the next few months for his PR.

1) when he goes through customs at Pearson, can he say that he's waiting for his PR, and that we are going travelling and that he'll fly back in 6 months if he doesn't get PR in between that time or is it better to say that he's just here visiting?

2) should we change his address on ECAS now or after he arrives (I'm assuming it's ok to change his England address to a Canadian address at this point in the process?)
1- he can say that he is coming to visit you. I suppose he doesn't have a return ticket, so when asked for how long, he can say that he would like 6 months because he has applied for PR and is waiting it out. The important part is not to say that he is moving here. the rest should be fine!
2you can change on ecas now - it takes a few days to get updated, so might as well do it now...
Good luck,
Sweden

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
GalloQuebecois said:
yeah Sweden explained it well and I only assumed that you where settling down in Qc since you said London-Montreal :) btw today is my 100th day since sponsor approval!!but still nothing! Hope everyone has a good week end!

saraeascott

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2012
File Transfer...
28/12/2012
Med's Done....
01/07/2012
Thanks for the quick reply!

Sweden said:
1- he can say that he is coming to visit you. I suppose he doesn't have a return ticket, so when asked for how long, he can say that he would like 6 months because he has applied for PR and is waiting it out. The important part is not to say that he is moving here. the rest should be fine!
2you can change on ecas now - it takes a few days to get updated, so might as well do it now...
Good luck,
Sweden

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
OMG OMG OMG!!!

DECISION MADE!!!! Can someone update the spreadsheet please?!?!?!? THANK YOU!!!

I actually don't know when my ecas was updated as since they were extending my medical from the email they sent me at the beginning of the week I figured it would take a couple of weeks to update so I didn't bother checking ecas the last few days!!! Thought I would take my chances tonight just in case something was different and WHAT A SUPRISE!!!

So excited, can't wait for my husband to come on Skype so I can share the news with him :D I have another 9 weeks and 4 days to wait until I land but YAY!!!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
antz21 said:
OMG OMG OMG!!!

I actually don't know when my ecas was updated as since they were extending my medical from the email they sent me at the beginning of the week I figured it would take a couple of weeks to update so I didn't bother checking ecas the last few days!!! Thought I would take my chances tonight just in case something was different and WHAT A SUPRISE!!!

So excited, can't wait for my husband to come on Skype so I can share the news with him :D I have another 9 weeks and 4 days to wait until I land but YAY!!!!
Congrats!!! that's great to hear! I'll update you right away!
Sweden

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
Thanks Sweden, and thanks everyone for putting up with my questions and queries on here, and you are all so helpful!! Pass on the knowledge :)

I actually know I will still be on here for a while longer with more questions and trying to help out where I can :D

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
antz21 said:
OMG OMG OMG!!!

Congrats! You've waited more than long enough!

Lee J

Feb 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30th April 2013
saraeascott said:

I suggest he DOES NOT say he has applied for PR. That could red flag immigration.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
He must tell them that he's applied for PR. At the border, they will already know. They'll look up his passport number and see that he has an application. Trust me, just say that he has applied. NEVER lie or conceal anything from CBSA or CIC. Just be honest. Ultimately, you will be given the benefit of the doubt as a visa exempt citizen.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DGT said:
He must tell them that he's applied for PR. At the border, they will already know. They'll look up his passport number and see that he has an application. Trust me, just say that he has applied. NEVER lie or conceal anything from CBSA or CIC. Just be honest. Ultimately, you will be given the benefit of the doubt as a visa exempt citizen.
I agree - I was in the same situation (coming to Canada as visa-exempt, and no return ticket) and told at the border that I had applied for PR and was coming to wait it out with my partner, and was given a 6 months stamp without further questions - didn't have to prove that I had funds, or first stage approval etc... they are usually quite lenient with visa-exempt, also because CIC states that you can apply outland and be in Canada if you're visa-exempt.
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
antz21 said:
OMG OMG OMG!!!

YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! The wait is finally over for you :)