+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
LondonToronto said:
1 day. He is in UK. I am in Canada.
hmmmm my man is living an hour outside of London and hasn't received his COPR yet and we had DM March 3rd!!! I wonder if i should start worrying about its whereabouts!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sarsa13 said:
Hi everyone, congratulations on all the COPR's recently!

I was hoping that someone might be able to update my info on the spreadsheet? I emailed London and received an email response on Feb 1st saying that my application is "In Process" and now ECAS says the same thing. Yay.

Also, just a quick question... My medical will expire near the end of April. Will the London VO contact me or should I email them and ask for an extension?
:)
you're updated! glad to see some movements for you as well.
Don't do anything for the medicals just yet. There are several scenarios.... if London can issue your PR before that, nothing will be needed. If they can issue it, but it's quite close to the expiry, they will contact you and ask you if you're able to land before the medicals expire, and give you the option - either get an extension, or land by the date. If you're in Canada, that's quite feasible, if not, that might be quite difficult... If they are not ready yet, but getting close, they will extend your medicals automatically (and you won't know about it until your PR is issued..)... the last option is that they ask you to re-do the medicals, but that's in case you have done the medicals more than 15 months ago, and there are other things preventing them from issuing the visa (background checks, etc). So - there are lots of options, and best is... to wait and see, as usual!
hopefully you'll hear from them soon, or just see DM on ecas, and be done with it!
Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scottishmaple said:
Thanks Sweden. I knew there would be small issues, but a part of me was really hoping to see DM this month. Awww well, its a good job I am over causious and scanned EVERYTHING...lol
you never know - it might still be possible. Maybe they were waiting for the medicals, and that's it... I really hope it happens soon for you.

sarsa13

Sep 4, 2012
Regina, SK
AOR Received.
1st October 2012
Sweden said:
Don't do anything for the medicals just yet. There are several scenarios.... if London can issue your PR before that, nothing will be needed. If they can issue it, but it's quite close to the expiry, they will contact you and ask you if you're able to land before the medicals expire, and give you the option - either get an extension, or land by the date. If you're in Canada, that's quite feasible, if not, that might be quite difficult... If they are not ready yet, but getting close, they will extend your medicals automatically (and you won't know about it until your PR is issued..)... the last option is that they ask you to re-do the medicals, but that's in case you have done the medicals more than 15 months ago, and there are other things preventing them from issuing the visa (background checks, etc). So - there are lots of options, and best is... to wait and see, as usual!
hopefully you'll hear from them soon, or just see DM on ecas, and be done with it!
Good luck,
Sweden
Thanks so much Sweden! I'll keep you updated :)

specialdiablo

Jul 10, 2012
Sweden said:
Good luck,
Sweden
Hello Sweden!
Hoping you can update the V2 spreadsheet- i am specialdiablo. Additional docs requested Feb 1 and "In progress" March 1
I tried to do it myself but it didn't work. I was happy to find V2- I had V1 bookmarked and was checking it and thought there was no movement for anyone in the last 6 weeks or so! lol!
Hopefully my ecas status update means we are near the end. Our daughter was born Feb 2 and a working husband would be awesome!!
Yesterday we had our local MP send a fax for a status update- really we just wanted to confirm they got the docs they requested. We couldn't get a mail confirmation from Canada Post. They asked for the background doc to be done over- we screwed up on the date he finished high school so they wanted all the info from 18 years on.
Thanks!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
specialdiablo said:
Hello Sweden!
Hoping you can update the V2 spreadsheet- i am specialdiablo. Additional docs requested Feb 1 and "In progress" March 1
I tried to do it myself but it didn't work. I was happy to find V2- I had V1 bookmarked and was checking it and thought there was no movement for anyone in the last 6 weeks or so! lol!
Hopefully my ecas status update means we are near the end. Our daughter was born Feb 2 and a working husband would be awesome!!
Yesterday we had our local MP send a fax for a status update- really we just wanted to confirm they got the docs they requested. We couldn't get a mail confirmation from Canada Post. They asked for the background doc to be done over- we screwed up on the date he finished high school so they wanted all the info from 18 years on.
Thanks!
I've updated it. I wonder if we can get someone to just delete the old spreadsheet and replace it with a link to the new one...

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Ok. Now I know. Once you get your DM on Ecas the waiting and focus turns to the COPR and postbox...

And on other news...snowing hard again in Toronto.

S.

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
SaMoS said:

S.
I know!! where did the spring go?! :eek:

Oh and I'm sure you guys can help: does London VO send AOR's or not?! Just want to know if I should wait to get one or not.. :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
godisFin said:
I know!! where did the spring go?! :eek:

Oh and I'm sure you guys can help: does London VO send AOR's or not?! Just want to know if I should wait to get one or not.. :)
No - London doesn't! :) so don't wait for them.... and you can keep up here to see where they are at - but you still have a few months to go!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Sweden said:
No - London doesn't! :) so don't wait for them.... and you can keep up here to see where they are at - but you still have a few months to go!
Thanks again Sweden! Yeah.. this waiting is killing me, and it hasn't really even started yet. ;)

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
SaMoS said:

S.
Better not let Canadians hear you talk like that - this is an extremely light drizzle by their standards!

Desi PK

Nov 15, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2012
Doc's Request.
May 2013
File Transfer...
November 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
8 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
25th June 2013
Dear All,

My ECAS made me confused!

I have Applied as an applicant in the month of October. Sponsorship approval done by mid of November and file sent to London. At that time ECAS mentioned Sponsorship Application Status = Decision Made AND Permanent Residence Application Status= Application Received.

NOW:

ECAS for Sponsorship Application Status changed to In Process AND Permanent Residence Application Status is still = Application Received.

Inside details are given below:

Sponsorship Application Status= In Process
{
We received your application to sponsor H***** on October , 2012.

We started processing your application on November , 2012.

We sent you a letter on November , 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
}

Permanent Residence Application Status= Application Received
{
We received H****** application for permanent residence on October , 2012.

Medical results have been received.

}

What!!!! my application process is going backwards ?? Since decision made of sponsorship changed to in process again???

Any one who have faced this kind of issue or has am understanding of it, please explained for me.
Or should I contact London VO for explanation??

Thanks and Regards,

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Don't worry about it. London changes the application to 'in progress'. Either they changed the wrong part or yours is different than anyone elses. Since London and Canada use the same ECAS this can happen. It's totally fine.

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
My stage one changed back to in process last month. It's decision made again now. I wouldn't worry about it.