+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
michty6 said:
Uhm so I guess I pretty much got Decision Made today in a response from London:

"We had a response from Ottawa this morning and they have extended your medical validity to the 6th March 2014. Your file is now ready to be issued and you can expect to receive your Confirmation of Permanent Residence within the next two weeks."

:eek:
Congratulations that is awesome news!!!!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
antz21 said:
So I am having a bit of a dilemma....

I heard from CIC (YAY!!!! ;D ) and they are ready to start finalising my application, however they have offered to extend my medical results. My medicals run out in May, 3 days BEFORE my last day at work and free flight home to Edmonton (typical - of course there would be one last hoop to jump through, hehe). Along with this offer of a medical extension, they also say that it is not guaranteed therefore I might need to take a new medical exam.

Has anyone had it where they have been offered a medical extension? What is the likelihood that I would have to re-do the medical rather than them grant the extension?

I am travelling for work (in the USA) so I am also looking into where I am close to the border so I can do a flagpole (the opposite way to how everyone else is flagpoling!), however the only time I am close enough to do that is in about 3 weeks, but my COPR will be sent to the UK so it would have to get there in time for my parents to fedex to it me in the USA. (timing is funny as they literally just visited me last week...).

Basically I am weighing up the options between seeing if they will extend the medicals and hoping they do, flagpoling and going back to the USA until the end of my work contract, or the possibility of getting new medicals done.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, my life is like that of a travelling circus monkey ;) But any advice/insight/experience people can give me I would be grateful.

Thanks!
Also awesome News. Congrats.

I was going to say don't get the extension and just land asap and have it all done and dusted, as you don't know how long it will take to process the extension request. However, after second thoughts I think it is best to get the extension. You don't know how long it will take cic to totally complete your file and send COPR to you and you might be under pressure to land by May. So I would get the extension and land in your own good time...x

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
scottishmaple said:
Dear Mrs

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Please be advised that your case is still under review, unfortunately we are unable to provide you with an update at this time.

However, can you please advise us when and where A*****'s medical examination took place?

Does this mean they have lost my daughters medical? If so I knew they would!!!!

How do I actually respond to this? reply to the email or case specific enquiry?
That sucks. What happened?? Just reply to the email is fine, your file number should be in the subject line so they can match your response to your file.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
michty6 said:
I assume this means the COPR is posted out from London and not Ottawa then?
Yes - it's always the VO that issue and post the COPR

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
michty6 said:
That sucks. What happened?? Just reply to the email is fine, your file number should be in the subject line so they can match your response to your file.
So I can just click reply and attach all the additional documents? (I scanned all our medical receipts etc)

I'm really angry, I knew that there would be a possibility that her medical file/results would end up mis placed, so I went to all the extra effort and put an appendix and told them where they would find it. Have they even read the information I gave them?!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scottishmaple said:
So I can just click reply and attach all the additional documents? (I scanned all our medical receipts etc)

I'm really angry, I knew that there would be a possibility that her medical file/results would end up mis placed, so I went to all the extra effort and put an appendix and told them where they would find it. Have they even read the information I gave them?!
yes, you can click reply and attach. Good thing is - you have already scanned the docs ( well done on that one!), so it will be easy for them to locate... sometimes for children medicals it's a little more difficult for them to attach it to a file, because it's not under the "principal applicant" so it's not unusual - frustrating for sure, but it should be rather easy to fix.
Fingers crossed for you!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Lucanna said:
AHHH we just got a request for the RPF and more proof of our cohabitation but I don't know what to send, they have our leases for the last 2 years and our joint bank account thing. Can I pay the fee online? Help I don't know what I'm doing haha
go to CIC website and choose "pay online", then choose " submitting to an in Canada office" - I know it doesn't make sense, but your file went to Mississauga first, so it's considered in Canada.
Pay the RPRF, and you will get a receipt. Send the receipt to Mississauga CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca and to London (both)) by mail to make sure they get the info.
Proofs of cohabitation - give them everything you have! including letters, and more proofs that you kept on living together after sending your application.
Good Luck,
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:
yes, you can click reply and attach. Good thing is - you have already scanned the docs ( well done on that one!), so it will be easy for them to locate... sometimes for children medicals it's a little more difficult for them to attach it to a file, because it's not under the "principal applicant" so it's not unusual - frustrating for sure, but it should be rather easy to fix.
Fingers crossed for you!
Sweden
Thanks Sweden. I knew there would be small issues, but a part of me was really hoping to see DM this month. Awww well, its a good job I am over causious and scanned EVERYTHING...lol

Lucanna

Dec 14, 2012
Thank you Sweden! After I calmed down a bit I realised I have loads of things I can send them, my brain just wasn't working! Ok I will email the receipt to that address and mail to both offices. Thanks again! I'm just happy things are moving.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:
Fingers crossed for you!
Sweden
So email has been sent with attachments so lets hope its not to big of a delay....

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
scottishmaple said:
Also awesome News. Congrats.

I was going to say don't get the extension and just land asap and have it all done and dusted, as you don't know how long it will take to process the extension request. However, after second thoughts I think it is best to get the extension. You don't know how long it will take cic to totally complete your file and send COPR to you and you might be under pressure to land by May. So I would get the extension and land in your own good time...x
Thanks scottishmaple, think it means that this whole thing is nearly over for us now. Yeah after discussing with my hubby we decided to ask for the extension, it just takes a little bit of pressure off trying to work out how to land whilst travelling and working week to week! My last day at my job is May 19th, so as long as the extension is granted and my COPR arrives in my hands before then, I will be officially landed in 10 weeks time, wooo! Well that is the plan at least!
I hope that they find your daughters medical soon. It sounds like progress is being made with your file at least you are hearing some news from them I suppose.

michty6 said:
They took close to 2 weeks to tell me about the medical extension. I contacted them about it late February, my medicals expired on March 6th and they just extended them/finished off my application today it seems...
2 weeks is good - I have that time to spare, that also gives it enough time for the COPR to be mailed to my parents house and then get to me... phew.

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
michty6 said:
Yeh perhaps but seems from what other people say on here it's just random.

When the day finally comes that you join our prestigious club let me know and I'll ship out your t-shirt :p:

Ah Blyth. I used to work in that town.

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
scottishmaple said:
Thanks Sweden. I knew there would be small issues, but a part of me was really hoping to see DM this month. Awww well, its a good job I am over causious and scanned EVERYTHING...lol
I'm soo sorry for all your hassle! What non sense!

sarsa13

Sep 4, 2012
Regina, SK
AOR Received.
1st October 2012
Hi everyone, congratulations on all the COPR's recently!

I was hoping that someone might be able to update my info on the spreadsheet? I emailed London and received an email response on Feb 1st saying that my application is "In Process" and now ECAS says the same thing. Yay.

Also, just a quick question... My medical will expire near the end of April. Will the London VO contact me or should I email them and ask for an extension?

:)

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Cic won't work for me :(! I've already checked this morning but I'm a tad obsessed and I ALWAYS check before bed! I'll get no sleep tonight haha!