+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
antz21 said:
Michty6 - I have been travelling for the past 6 years for my job - different city/country pretty much every week. Wondering if that is what is holding mine up too, however they haven't requested any extra information for me yet. I tried to include as much proof/explanation as possible for my travel history. Looks like I too, could be joining the 300 club soon :) At least I get to read everyone's stories here to help with the waiting!
Yeh perhaps but seems from what other people say on here it's just random.

When the day finally comes that you join our prestigious club let me know and I'll ship out your t-shirt :p:

andytoronto

Mar 7, 2013
Merveille said:
Congrats! It must feel GREAT!
TOTALLY!! and a shock to the system as i had a work permit due to expire at the end of the month.. so talk about perfect timing.. you can find me as definition of that in the dictionarry haha :)
It really looks like they have a team of fast people in now at the london VO.
and totally listen to Sweden and DGT as what they say goes.. step by step, it seems to happen that way!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
andytoronto said:
Guys!!!

I just got my COPR, i did it all via a lawyer so she emailed me now saying that they are shocked at how fast it all was etc.. i told them " i told ya so" so i just have to follows instructions and get landed and activate my residency status!! WOOT WOOT!!
But they were shocked that they didnt request any information from me etc.. so if you sent a full complete application its 3 months faster than usual!!
So mine was received August 3rd or 4th 2012 and Today i received COPR!
Happy days!! :) and 1 Week from DM to COPR Monday to Monday!
Congratulations. Thats awesome news

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
michty6 said:
Yeh perhaps but seems from what other people say on here it's just random.

When the day finally comes that you join our prestigious club let me know and I'll ship out your t-shirt :p:

Bahahaha, tshirts - nice idea!!!

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Congrats once again to everyone hearing news! I hope London keeps up this pace. I'm expecting to be the lone white row surrounded by red cells on the spreadsheet soon. :p

dannypee

Jan 29, 2013
Ok so got this this morning and as usual I have sent the info electronically and via registered mail from Canada!!! any ideas why this makes a difference? because I don't !!!

None of this was asked for in the initial application and frankly im getting tired of this!!! I've been in the employ of her majesty since I was 16 years old I have never been unemployed, my record is flawless, as are my police records!! my common law spouse is currently in a higher tax bracket because im declared on her t4!! I've sent 18mths of proofs of co habitation before we applied and I've paid my bills so what the hell is next !!!!!!!

UPDATE !!!!! ECAS NOW IN PROCESS AS AT 8 MAR 13 IM REALLY CONFUSED NOW ??????????????????

The only good I can take from this bizzare email is that it says ASAP not 60 days !!!!! ANY IDEAS ANYONE??????

Dear Mr peed off!!!!

I refer to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information:

Documentation indicating your intended date of release from service with the UK military. Preference is for official documentation which may be available.

Please provide the documentation as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

CDD

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Great news for all those that got DM over the past few days! It's nice to have the excitement and positivity around here :)

Soooo I received my COPR in my hand today here in Ireland. We got DM Fri March 1st, COPR arrived in Ottawa Thurs March 7th and arrived in Ireland via express post today! All that stress for a few pieces of paper ;)
I fly back to Ottawa on Thursday to land. The lawyer told me to bring a copy of our marriage cert - a photocopy is ok yes?? That's all I have!
I will be on my own and am a little nervous because my sponsor will not be with me. What should I expect? any insight or advice would be appreciated! On Friday I am going straight down to Service Canada to get my SIN and I start back at work on Monday 18th - The day after St Paddys Day ??? ;D ???

To all those waiting, especially those seeing progress with people ahead of them, I know how you feel but your time will come. There is no way of knowing what way London are processing the applications some times! ::) My fingers are firmly crossed for all of you!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
dannypee said:
Ok so got this this morning and as usual I have sent the info electronically and via registered mail from Canada!!! any ideas why this makes a difference? because I don't !!!

None of this was asked for in the initial application and frankly im getting tired of this!!! I've been in the employ of her majesty since I was 16 years old I have never been unemployed, my record is flawless, as are my police records!! my common law spouse is currently in a higher tax bracket because im declared on her t4!! I've sent 18mths of proofs of co habitation before we applied and I've paid my bills so what the hell is next !!!!!!!

UPDATE !!!!! ECAS NOW IN PROCESS AS AT 8 MAR 13 IM REALLY CONFUSED NOW ??????????????????

The only good I can take from this bizzare email is that it says ASAP not 60 days !!!!! ANY IDEAS ANYONE??????

Dear Mr peed off!!!!

I refer to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information:

Documentation indicating your intended date of release from service with the UK military. Preference is for official documentation which may be available.
Please provide the documentation as soon as possible.
Kind regards,
CDD
Hang in there - it should be the end soon! if they have required the documentation asap it's probably because they are ready to issue the PR and want to finalize it now, so hopefully you send the papers and when they receive it it turns into "DM" - and that's it!
But yes - it's frustrating to be asked again and again. Good news is : they have received the rest of the documentation and are convinced, they wouldn't ask for something else if they weren't. So - one more step and it should be all good to go!
Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sfeire said:
Great news for all those that got DM over the past few days! It's nice to have the excitement and positivity around here :)

Soooo I received my COPR in my hand today here in Ireland. We got DM Fri March 1st, COPR arrived in Ottawa Thurs March 7th and arrived in Ireland via express post today! All that stress for a few pieces of paper ;)
I fly back to Ottawa on Thursday to land. The lawyer told me to bring a copy of our marriage cert - a photocopy is ok yes?? That's all I have!
I will be on my own and am a little nervous because my sponsor will not be with me. What should I expect? any insight or advice would be appreciated! On Friday I am going straight down to Service Canada to get my SIN and I start back at work on Monday 18th - The day after St Paddys Day ??? ;D ???

To all those waiting, especially those seeing progress with people ahead of them, I know how you feel but your time will come. There is no way of knowing what way London are processing the applications some times! ::) My fingers are firmly crossed for all of you!!
Congrats! and don't worry about the landing, it's nothing to be anxious about. Bring the COPR + passport + B4 if you're importing anything. When you arrive at the immigration, they will either complete the process right there, or most likely take you to a different office. The officer will ask you a few things: are you still married? address in Canada? and go over the info on the COPR to make sure it's correct, then he will sign, and you'll do the same. Make sure he also stamps and signs your passport, as you will need the stamp on your passport to get your SIN from Service Canada. It seems like you're going back to work right away - good timing!
It will all go fine - it's normally a very easy and friendly process :)
Sweden

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
My husband(who is in Canada) told me that our lawyer called him yesterday to say that she spoke to,immigration that our application has been accepted and we should receive the COPR within the next weeks..but NOTHING has changed on ecas..does it make sense?? The COPR is suppose to be send to my address in Sweden. I was planning on flying to Canada next week..I never thought this immigration thing will get to me like..it is very frustrating.

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Merveille said:
My husband(who is in Canada) told me that our lawyer called him yesterday to say that she spoke to,immigration that our application has been accepted and we should receive the COPR within the next weeks..but NOTHING has changed on ecas..does it make sense?? The COPR is suppose to be send to my address in Sweden. I was planning on flying to Canada next week..I never thought this immigration thing will get to me like..it is very frustrating.
åh grattis!!! Im so happy you have your DM, I'm sure that if your lawyer says you got it its true maybe the update is a bit slow on ecas. Ahh hope it's my turn soon!!! There is only so much renovation and redecoration I can do to our home, I'm going nuts I want to be able to work!!

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
SwedentoQuebec said:
åh grattis!!! Im so happy you have your DM, I'm sure that if your lawyer says you got it its true maybe the update is a bit slow on ecas. Ahh hope it's my turn soon!!! There is only so much renovation and redecoration I can do to our home, I'm going nuts I want to be able to work!!
Tack..but i am not celebrating yet...i wrote to the immigration myself to get an update..I do not really believe it unless I get a DM or CORP in my hands. I hope that you get great news soon! Lycka till min vän!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
So I just checked my COPR.. It was issued on 25th Feb, same day it went into process. I didn't get DM until March 1st, FYI :D

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
sfeire said:
So I just checked my COPR.. It was issued on 25th Feb, same day it went into process. I didn't get DM until March 1st, FYI :D
All the best with your landing & future plans

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Merveille said:
fingers crossed it changes soon