+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
michty6 said:
By my calculations (assuming they work 5 days a week, 7.5 hours a day and it takes 20 minutes to read my application) this means they must have read my application around 1,462 times without being able to make a decision :p
LOL I love your humour on the subject

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
scottishmaple said:
LOL I love your humour on the subject
hahha!! I just love the fact that you worked it out! lol...Im so nervous about it all. We're in process since feb 27th. Not long! But, I wanna hear!!! And I know Scottish Maple you must be dying to just see something change.

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
My theory is that once I get to read 1,500 I might be able to get a decision. At read 1,499 they will still be unsure and then something will click at 1,500!

I mean I am a Chartered Accountant, living and working in Canada paying tens of thousands of dollars in taxes already. So obviously you would want to be very careful before issuing my type a visa. Can you imagine if they allowed Chartered Accountants to come to Canada willy nilly? It would make Canada an incredibly boring place! They have to be careful with these things!

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Do any of you know when they usually update ecas? Thing is, they change our ecas from application recieved to in process. BUT, didnt change our address that we have requested numerous times. We changed our address back in November and they confirmed they recieved it and changed it cause when we were in Canada at Christmas we called and made sure. So they changed our status but not our address even though its changed? Weird!

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
michty6 said:
My theory is that once I get to read 1,500 I might be able to get a decision. At read 1,499 they will still be unsure and then something will click at 1,500!

I mean I am a Chartered Accountant, living and working in Canada paying tens of thousands of dollars in taxes already. So obviously you would want to be very careful before issuing my type a visa. Can you imagine if they allowed Chartered Accountants to come to Canada willy nilly? It would make Canada an incredibly boring place! They have to be careful with these things!

hahaha! Of course! Why are we all be so impatient eh?!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Uk2Can said:
hahha!! I just love the fact that you worked it out! lol...Im so nervous about it all. We're in process since feb 27th. Not long! But, I wanna hear!!! And I know Scottish Maple you must be dying to just see something change.
Yes very much so, I'm actually getting worried. Like Mitchy6 I emailed a few days ago and they usually reply within 2/3 days and I haven't gotten anything back and a lot of August applicants that applied after me are hearing so this is also making me a little nervous...but it hasnt been 6 months yet. We were trying not to spend any additional money but have given in and hubby is visiting for our 2nd anniversary at the end of the month. I haven't seen him in person in 8 months.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
michty6 said:

LOL

If I knew you were an accountant I could of asked you my tax question and not have posted it on the tax forum where it is being ignored....lol

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Uk2Can said:
Do any of you know when they usually update ecas? Thing is, they change our ecas from application recieved to in process. BUT, didnt change our address that we have requested numerous times. We changed our address back in November and they confirmed they recieved it and changed it cause when we were in Canada at Christmas we called and made sure. So they changed our status but not our address even though its changed? Weird!
That is weird as everyone else on the forum who got DM today had there addresses changed last night without asking and you ask for it to be changed and they don't do it...I think they are toying with you

KatieandHarry

Oct 22, 2012
Congratulations everybody! ;D London seem to have had a surge of DM's all of a sudden!! I'm so jealous of you all. Just waiting for my Australian Police Cert to come through and forward it to them then hopefully I can celebrate with the rest of you!! ;D

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
scottishmaple said:
That is weird as everyone else on the forum who got DM today had there addresses changed last night without asking and you ask for it to be changed and they don't do it...I think they are toying with you
Its weird! They told us it is changed but its just not on ecas. I dont know....their strange sometimes!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
godisFin said:
Hi,

could someone update for the 2013 spreadsheet, our SA was received today!! :) thanks!
Done and congrats!

tanomartone

Oct 11, 2012
Does anyone know how long it takes for London to send out the visa once you have had decision made? My DM was 2 weeks ago and my mailing address is in Vancouver and still nothing :-(

LondonToronto

Mar 6, 2013
I had sent an email inquiring about my husbands status after they requested additional documents and before receiving my DM today.

The person responsible for his file emailed me confirming the outcome of the decision

Good afternoon,

The application was finalised and approved today and the Confirmation of Permanent Residence form was mailed to:

"husbands name and address in UK"

Kind regards,
CDD

Confirmation. I'm the happiest wife ever.LOL

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
LondonToronto said:
I had sent an email inquiring about my husbands status after they requested additional documents and before receiving my DM today.

The person responsible for his file emailed me confirming the outcome of the decision

Good afternoon,

The application was finalised and approved today and the Confirmation of Permanent Residence form was mailed to:

"husbands name and address in UK"

Kind regards,
CDD

Confirmation. I'm the happiest wife ever.LOL
Congrats!! :)