+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
KatieandHarry said:
Thank you for getting back to me Dan0001 that was really helpful. I am really unsure of what to do to be honest. London have not requested that I get the traffic history, I did just email them and ask them what to do in my circumstances .... I didn't even have an address over there as I was in hostels and campervans!! I had no "firm" address anywhere over there really. So I don't know whether it applies or not. I have emailed Victoria Roads anyhow, but who knows what will happen!! I was in Melbourne for a month or so, and spent the majority of my time in SA and NSW. Sooo.... there you go!
Hopefully they just realise that you were not by their own standards, a resident of Victoria as you weren't there for 6 months and leave it at that! If they didn't, it'd be kinda like them suggesting that you get clearances from everywhere you'd ever been on holiday :eek:

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Do you think requesting your GCMS notes will slow down your application? I'd be tempted to get mine to see if there is any indication of why my application is taking so long...

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
It seems that basically you are doing a Canadian version of a 'subject access request' so if your file has already left Canada and is in London they won't even be asking for any info from London, they'll just be giving you the notes they made at Stage 1...

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
michty6 said:
Do you think requesting your GCMS notes will slow down your application? I'd be tempted to get mine to see if there is any indication of why my application is taking so long...
I don't think it will slow your application down, but you might get DM by the time you get the notes. I am sure someone on here recently just got their notes and they thought that maybe by ordering them it had kind of pushed their application along a bit as a reminder it was sitting there, or maybe that was the August thread :-\ Anyway, it wouldnt hurt and only costs $5, or free if you are in Canada

da1000

Aug 29, 2012
KatieandHarry said:
Thank you for getting back to me Dan0001 that was really helpful. I am really unsure of what to do to be honest. London have not requested that I get the traffic history, I did just email them and ask them what to do in my circumstances .... I didn't even have an address over there as I was in hostels and campervans!! I had no "firm" address anywhere over there really. So I don't know whether it applies or not. I have emailed Victoria Roads anyhow, but who knows what will happen!! I was in Melbourne for a month or so, and spent the majority of my time in SA and NSW. Sooo.... there you go!
Your welcome, i wouldn't of thought you would have to provide one as in the email i got it stated the following....

"I refer to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, we require the following:

As a former resident of Victoria, Australia you must submit a Licence History Search which goes back to your 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver’s licence was issued.

Applicants who are unable to provide a Traffic History or a Licence History Search must provide evidence, issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority, stating that the person has never held a driver’s licence in that state."

From that i would guess you would not need to do it as you would not be considered a resident of Vic as you were only there a month, but better that you asked hopefully they will let you know :)

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
scottishmaple said:
I am sure someone on here recently just got their notes and they thought that maybe by ordering them it had kind of pushed their application along a bit as a reminder it was sitting there, or maybe that was the August thread :-\
Just for this reason I'll get the notes. Even if they cost $50 if there was a chance that they would speed up my application I'd get them!

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
It was me who thought it was an interesting coincidence that the day after receiving the GCMS notes we received a request for more information. No idea if it had anything to do with them starting to work on our file though. The notes are delivered precisely 30 days from when they are ordered, by the way. When we got them our notes indicated that they hadn't started processing our application at all, and the only thing that was done was the confirmation of medicals. The very next day we received the request for more information.

There's no harm in ordering them and as was posted earlier it's free if the requestor (applicant) is in Canada, so why not? :)

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
baruderu said:
It was me who thought it was an interesting coincidence that the day after receiving the GCMS notes we received a request for more information. No idea if it had anything to do with them starting to work on our file though. The notes are delivered precisely 30 days from when they are ordered, by the way. When we got them our notes indicated that they hadn't started processing our application at all, and the only thing that was done was the confirmation of medicals. The very next day we received the request for more information.

There's no harm in ordering them and as was posted earlier it's free if the requestor (applicant) is in Canada, so why not? :)
Thanks for the info that's really good to know. I just ordered them now. I really hope that I already have DM by the time they arrive. In 30 days I will be starting to get close to 1 year waiting!

For anyone else ordering the GCMS notes is really simple, probably not even 20 minutes of your time if you have a scanner nearby.

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
michty6 said:
Thanks for the info that's really good to know. I just ordered them now. I really hope that I already have DM by the time they arrive. In 30 days I will be starting to get close to 1 year waiting!

For anyone else ordering the GCMS notes is really simple, probably not even 20 minutes of your time if you have a scanner nearby.
You're welcome. With any luck it will spur them to action on yours, better yet, you'll get your DM while you're waiting! ;)

KatieandHarry

Oct 22, 2012
da1000 said:
Your welcome, i wouldn't of thought you would have to provide one as in the email i got it stated the following....

"I refer to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, we require the following:

As a former resident of Victoria, Australia you must submit a Licence History Search which goes back to your 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver's licence was issued.

Applicants who are unable to provide a Traffic History or a Licence History Search must provide evidence, issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority, stating that the person has never held a driver's licence in that state."

From that i would guess you would not need to do it as you would not be considered a resident of Vic as you were only there a month, but better that you asked hopefully they will let you know :)
Again, very helpful thank you so much!! Yes, I think so too ... my request simply stated:

Original Police Certificate from Australia

They didn't request anything further so I guess the certificate will just do and I will send them a detailed covering letter letting them know more specifics regarding my trip.

Fingers crossed!!! (We are hoping to leave the UK end of next month) Wishful thinking?! Haha.

pa19007

Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6 2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 5, 2013 - IN PROCESS MARCH 11
AOR Received.
Oct 17, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2012
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013 - DECISIO MADE!!
Another Question:

When CIC requests for more information way back to 18 years old - do you need to send that along with the original Schedule A form or just a .pdf sheet with your personal information and file number? We have completed the form and now want to mail it in so any advise will help - thanks!

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
pa19007 said:
Another Question:

When CIC requests for more information way back to 18 years old - do you need to send that along with the original Schedule A form or just a .pdf sheet with your personal information and file number? We have completed the form and now want to mail it in so any advise will help - thanks!
I just replicated the question from Schedule A that they wanted more info on (Q8 Personal History) in a Word document and completed the info back to the age of 18, added the declaration of applicant text from the end of the form, and signed and dated it. I also included the file number and applicant name of course. I emailed the document back and posted a hard copy as well.

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Hi everyone!
Could I be added to the London 2013 spreadsheet, please? :)

App. received by CPC-M: Feb 13.
AOR: Feb 26.
We are married.
I'm visa exempt.

Thank you! :)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
godisFin said:
Hi everyone!
Could I be added to the London 2013 spreadsheet, please? :)

App. received by CPC-M: Feb 13.
AOR: Feb 26.
We are married.
I'm visa exempt.

Thank you! :)
Done...x

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
I did it again! I saw your name and thought, COPR!