+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pa19007

Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6 2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 5, 2013 - IN PROCESS MARCH 11
AOR Received.
Oct 17, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2012
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013 - DECISIO MADE!!
dannypee said:
Hey guys

does anyone know does London usually take the full 60 days to get back to you once your extra info is with them ? I had to send extra proof of cohabitation so I sent 18mths of joint utility bills 12mths worth before we applied hope this does the trick as im not on the mortgage and neither of us like joint accounts !!! we have a joint Costco bill though lol

Regards
LOL at Costco's joint account - such enduring love! It should not take the entire 6 months for them to get back to you.

Should not take the entire 6

pa19007

Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6 2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 5, 2013 - IN PROCESS MARCH 11
AOR Received.
Oct 17, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2012
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013 - DECISIO MADE!!
andytoronto said:
hi guys, i have been silently watching the forums for the last week.
I googled decision made and eventually arrived here to this forum.
I managed to put the processing time and obsession behind me for the last few months but as the deadline is reaching i decided to log online and check my status.

I also have "decision made" i am guessing since monday 4th of march and they processed the application on the 28th of feb so now i am waiting on some information. I applied as spouce as i am married but via a lawyer so i am guessing they will receive an update.

Are any of you in canada and applied from outside of canada to the london office?

It seems a lot of people on other forums have received a Rejection after a "decision made", but they have applied through the points system and are not married common law or family class.. so my hope if that family class is not following the same path as the points system.

For sure the lawyer will let me know of the reply when it suits them so all i can do is to keep an eye out here and my email for some update.
congratulations on Decision Made - I may follow your footsteps and swear off Ecas for a while but I like this community of fellow sufferers and once you come here - then Ecas becomes your new best friend - its a catch 22 but the advise and encouragement is second to none.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
ldjames said:
COPR is finally in my hands ;D

Feels like quite the relief to be able to job search and actually give an idea on when I will be available- in the meantime I get to continue my aim to be the best house husband available in Ottawa.

We're landing next week during spring break and have decided to hit a sugar shack once we get back over the border for the maximum Canada experience.
Don't forget the beaver tails :)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
ldjames said:

Feels like quite the relief to be able to job search and actually give an idea on when I will be available- in the meantime I get to continue my aim to be the best house husband available in Ottawa.

We're landing next week during spring break and have decided to hit a sugar shack once we get back over the border for the maximum Canada experience.
That brilliant. Has the stress just washed away?! Let us know how your landing goes, thats if your not suffering from a sugar induced coma :p

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
andytoronto said:
hi guys, i have been silently watching the forums for the last week.
I googled decision made and eventually arrived here to this forum.
I managed to put the processing time and obsession behind me for the last few months but as the deadline is reaching i decided to log online and check my status.

I also have "decision made" i am guessing since monday 4th of march and they processed the application on the 28th of feb so now i am waiting on some information. I applied as spouce as i am married but via a lawyer so i am guessing they will receive an update.

Are any of you in canada and applied from outside of canada to the london office?

It seems a lot of people on other forums have received a Rejection after a "decision made", but they have applied through the points system and are not married common law or family class.. so my hope if that family class is not following the same path as the points system.

For sure the lawyer will let me know of the reply when it suits them so all i can do is to keep an eye out here and my email for some update.
Congrats!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Soooooo... COPR arrived in Canada yesterday (DM Frr March 1st), Hubby has already sent it off by FedEx and I will have it in hand on Tuesday!!!
I'm booking my flight back to land next Thursday and I will be down at Service Canada first thing Friday morning for my SIN number.
I really can't believe this is almost over!!! :p ;D :p ;D
Good luck to everyone waiting. I know its so hard to imagine seeing the DM and being close to the end but just keep the faith, it's going to happen!!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
ldjames said:

Congratulations! I strived to be the best housewife in Ottawa these past 8 months :) Great city! Good luck with landing :)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
sfeire said:
Soooooo... COPR arrived in Canada yesterday (DM Frr March 1st), Hubby has already sent it off by FedEx and I will have it in hand on Tuesday!!!
I'm booking my flight back to land next Thursday and I will be down at Service Canada first thing Friday morning for my SIN number.
I really can't believe this is almost over!!! :p ;D :p ;D
Good luck to everyone waiting. I know its so hard to imagine seeing the DM and being close to the end but just keep the faith, it's going to happen!!
Exciting Stuff. Who are you going to fly with?

KatieandHarry

Oct 22, 2012
da1000 said:
Yeh its a pain and yet another document to gather :D hopefully you get yours nice and quickly had a bit of a mission with mine and Victoria Roads, because i never drove out there and never had a oz licence i could not use the online service for a check as you have to have a licence, so had to phone and get them to write a letter stating that i never held a licence in that state. Now you would think that would not be too complicated but apparently it was as it took me 3 direct to departments/staff emails, 1 web form email, 1 facebook post and 3 phone calls and 8 weeks before i finally got the letter :D i chuckle about it now but it did stress me out a bit at the time :D
Hi Da1000, I have to now do exactly the same thing!! I was just looking for an email for the Victoria Roads site but only found a web link thing!! You don't happen to have an email address do you??? I only lived in Melbourne for about a month!! London asked me for a police check for Australia for my (6 month stay) and I can see them requesting the traffic report like you!!

Did you get reports from both states? I never went to Queensland .... but I can see them asking for it!!

Any advise would be so helpful!!!!

KatieandHarry

Oct 22, 2012
DGT said:
Hello! You're right. No one really gets the strain and the pressure of having your life entirely in the hands a foreign government! Horrid stuff, but I'm sure you're nearly there. As I say, the AFP are pretty swift so I'd say it'll be a week or so. They do say up to 4 months for extra info, but it doesn't really seem to be the case. It's also a very simple document to "review" so I would think that it will only add a week or two to your process. Good luck with the departure! Where are you off to?
Hi DGT,

We are off to Vancouver, hoping to live in Kits as it is a nice area for a family! Really starting to stress about this additional Australia information now!! It seems that myself and Dan001 had quite similar situations and they requested driving reports from him!! So trying to get hold of a further two departments to write a letter for me and send it to the UK is a royal pain the arse!!! I just want it to be over now. There is so much pressure to get it right!! Are you out there already?

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
antz21 said:
I have seen around the forum about these GCMS notes - what are they and how do you get them? Are they a good thing to get if your still waiting around?

Thanks Dawlphin
They are basically just a copy your file as the Visa officer sees it. Mine were 32 pages, most of which was in code form.. it also lists the things they have to do.. medical, security check, eligibility of sponsor etc. and either says 'not started' or 'passed'. It really didn't provide much information until page 31 and 32 (the last two pages) where it included Visa officers notes saying they thought out relationship was bonafide, that because my partner traveled for 10 months they needed his travel history and that they needed his personal history to go back further. If I didn't already have decision made when i received the notes (they take 1 month from when you send the request) it would have been a relief to know that these requests weren't due to 'serious' problems with my file. For the mere $5 CAN they cost i would say they are worth it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

this is a link to get the forms you need. It is requests under the 'access to information act' and you must be requesting them from inside Canada (or have someone from in Canada request them on your behalf). I would only request the email version as this way it will not delay the processing of your file.

da1000

Aug 29, 2012
KatieandHarry said:
Hi Da1000, I have to now do exactly the same thing!! I was just looking for an email for the Victoria Roads site but only found a web link thing!! You don't happen to have an email address do you??? I only lived in Melbourne for about a month!! London asked me for a police check for Australia for my (6 month stay) and I can see them requesting the traffic report like you!!

Did you get reports from both states? I never went to Queensland .... but I can see them asking for it!!

Any advise would be so helpful!!!!
The first time i phoned them they told me to send my request to search@roads.vic.gov.au this email bounced back so i got in contact again and they said to send it to demerits@roads.vic.gov.au however demerits never got back to me after the 20 days they ask you to wait for a response, so i had to ring them again and have a good old moan at them at which point after bouncing me round about 5 departments i finally got someone who was willing to do some work and the nice lady gave me her personal email address and said she would type up a letter right away, i got the letter about 2 weeks later :D i dont have her email addy anymore im afraid i just had a look for it :(

So my advice would be to give them a call 1st and explain to a CS agent what your after they may well be better set up for it now as it was April/May last year i was trying to get mine. I personally have no faith in the demerits department but thats the email addy they generally want people to send stuff too its also what people were using in this post i found on here at the time

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/traffic-history-from-australia-t72737.0.html

Oh and they only want a check from the state which you resided in so i only supplied a check from Victoria as that was my address in oz even though i went to Queensland for a couple of months.

Good luck hope you get it sorted nice and quick :)

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
Dawlphin_17 said:
They are basically just a copy your file as the Visa officer sees it. Mine were 32 pages, most of which was in code form.. it also lists the things they have to do.. medical, security check, eligibility of sponsor etc. and either says 'not started' or 'passed'. It really didn't provide much information until page 31 and 32 (the last two pages) where it included Visa officers notes saying they thought out relationship was bonafide, that because my partner traveled for 10 months they needed his travel history and that they needed his personal history to go back further. If I didn't already have decision made when i received the notes (they take 1 month from when you send the request) it would have been a relief to know that these requests weren't due to 'serious' problems with my file. For the mere $5 CAN they cost i would say they are worth it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

this is a link to get the forms you need. It is requests under the 'access to information act' and you must be requesting them from inside Canada (or have someone from in Canada request them on your behalf). I would only request the email version as this way it will not delay the processing of your file.
Thanks Dawphin, I will order them if I am still waiting in a couple of weeks. Sounds like they could be useful for people with longer than average waiting times (although what is average anymore!)

I also received a response to an email I sent to CIC asking if they needed anything as I have been in process for a while - I got the standard response below...

"Your file is currently under review in London. No further documentation is required at this stage. We will be in contact as soon as there have been further developments with the processing of your file."

So good to know there is nothing needed from me right now... back to trying to wait patiently instead of worrying now!

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
davidmarsden38 said:
I applied and got in the first round! I was lucky I am unemployed so that I could sit there and keep on refreshing that page - A waiting game on the IEC working holiday visa front and PR too!

Good luck to all applying!
they all went in 20 minutes this time (presume people from round 2 who never got the chance to submit just pushed go) and I got a receipt implying I'm the 7104th applicant. Only 5350 places available so that doesn't sound great but looking at britishexpat boards, lots of people applied multiple times so maybe it will get down to me eventually!

KatieandHarry

Oct 22, 2012
da1000 said:
The first time i phoned them they told me to send my request to search @ roads.vic.gov.au this email bounced back so i got in contact again and they said to send it to demerits @ roads.vic.gov.au however demerits never got back to me after the 20 days they ask you to wait for a response, so i had to ring them again and have a good old moan at them at which point after bouncing me round about 5 departments i finally got someone who was willing to do some work and the nice lady gave me her personal email address and said she would type up a letter right away, i got the letter about 2 weeks later :D i dont have her email addy anymore im afraid i just had a look for it :(

So my advice would be to give them a call 1st and explain to a CS agent what your after they may well be better set up for it now as it was April/May last year i was trying to get mine. I personally have no faith in the demerits department but thats the email addy they generally want people to send stuff too its also what people were using in this post i found on here at the time

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/traffic-history-from-australia-t72737.0.html

Oh and they only want a check from the state which you resided in so i only supplied a check from Victoria as that was my address in oz even though i went to Queensland for a couple of months.

Good luck hope you get it sorted nice and quick :)
Thank you for getting back to me Dan0001 that was really helpful. I am really unsure of what to do to be honest. London have not requested that I get the traffic history, I did just email them and ask them what to do in my circumstances .... I didn't even have an address over there as I was in hostels and campervans!! I had no "firm" address anywhere over there really. So I don't know whether it applies or not. I have emailed Victoria Roads anyhow, but who knows what will happen!! I was in Melbourne for a month or so, and spent the majority of my time in SA and NSW. Sooo.... there you go!