+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
andytoronto said:
So should i get excited about this?
We used a lawyer as he is very good and also a friend of a friend so he didnt rip us off and made sure they had everything possible (full complete package as they say) so i am hoping because we sent them everything possible that now all that we have to do is wait for this COPR.

How long does it usually take from "Decision made" to COPR? is this basically my next step?
And are you just waiting for your PR card now?
-edit... and thank you for your reply DGT
Depending on where you are, it can be between 1 week to 3 weeks. Less time if you're still in the UK, more if it has to be mailed to Canada. This is your next, and last step. You're done!

As for me, I am still waiting for my application to go to "In Process", and due to a f*&! up with my passport I have still to perform my medical too. So I'm looking at 3 months or so 'til i'm done. I'm in Canada as a visitor just now as my wife and I couldn't face the separation (again. We had to do it before when she went for her 2nd UK visa!).

And you are welcome :)

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
So I just got home and checked ecas

and gues what?

It still say's application received!! *sigh *

Anyway, forum was busy while I was gone. Evening everyone and afternoon to everyone else.
Every time I open the thread, and see that you've posted, I expect it to be your turn for Decision Made. I feel almost as disappointed as you I think! Nearly there though. Nearly there.

da1000

Aug 29, 2012
mic_midd86 said:
Hi DJT!
I also had to get a police certificate from Australia. I also read that you needed to provide proof that you had no driving convictions if you lived in Queensland. I had seen on other forums that most people missed this out, I did also. Mainly because my police cert got lost in the mail and didn't get it for a few weeks so i was worried the driving certificate would get lost or it would take ages and would hold up me up sending my application off....that and I don't drive and thought that was proof enough!
Did you or anyone else apply for this? Is it soo important that I should get it just now in case they request it?
Since I have made the decision to move over may 1st, I've become a wee worry wort.
I've also only purchased a one way flight.....hope I don't get bother with immigration!
You do need to provide proof about your traffic or licence history for Australia if you were resident in Queensland or Victoria, they will ask you for it as i had a email last week asking me for mine, which they already have and have managed to misplace or were unable to read an index stating what page it was on grrr, anyway heres a link stating what ya need just stick www in front as it wont let me post links :)

cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

andytoronto

Mar 7, 2013
DGT said:
Depending on where you are, it can be between 1 week to 3 weeks. Less time if you're still in the UK, more if it has to be mailed to Canada. This is your next, and last step. You're done!

As for me, I am still waiting for my application to go to "In Process", and due to a f*&! up with my passport I have still to perform my medical too. So I'm looking at 3 months or so 'til i'm done. I'm in Canada as a visitor just now as my wife and I couldn't face the separation (again. We had to do it before when she went for her 2nd UK visa!).

And you are welcome :)
I'm in Toronto so hopefully it will be a bit faster.. but remembering that i got a christmas card in the new year maybe 3 weeks may be my option.
But how do you know its the final stage did you experience this your self before you lost your passport? or just a general view from others?
Have you just been "in progress" all the time?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
andytoronto said:
I'm in Toronto so hopefully it will be a bit faster.. but remembering that i got a christmas card in the new year maybe 3 weeks may be my option.
But how do you know its the final stage did you experience this your self before you lost your passport? or just a general view from others?
Have you just been "in progress" all the time?
I've got lot's of experience with this from the forums here, so may other people can tell you all about it! The forum has provided lots of insight for us all, but I can assure you that you are done! I've just been at "Application Received" since the beginning of the procedure. It tends to be the case that the "In-Progress" phase only lasts a few weeks. Most of the wait time is just a file sitting on a desk in London waiting for some frantic CIC VO to get it opened!

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
da1000 said:
You do need to provide proof about your traffic or licence history for Australia if you were resident in Queensland or Victoria, they will ask you for it as i had a email last week asking me for mine, which they already have and have managed to misplace or were unable to read an index stating what page it was on grrr, anyway heres a link stating what ya need just stick www in front as it wont let me post links :)

cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp
Thanks, I guess I know what I'll be doing Monday morning!

andytoronto

Mar 7, 2013
DGT said:
I've got lot's of experience with this from the forums here, so may other people can tell you all about it! The forum has provided lots of insight for us all, but I can assure you that you are done! I've just been at "Application Received" since the beginning of the procedure. It tends to be the case that the "In-Progress" phase only lasts a few weeks. Most of the wait time is just a file sitting on a desk in London waiting for some frantic CIC VO to get it opened!
Ok thank you then for the info! As its very reassuring at this point.
I hope you get an answer back soon. I wasnt expecting a Decision made until July so hopefully they are getting faster now.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
andytoronto said:
Ok thank you then for the info! As its very reassuring at this point.
I hope you get an answer back soon. I wasnt expecting a Decision made until July so hopefully they are getting faster now.
I hope they're getting quicker too! When did you submit your application?

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
COPR is finally in my hands ;D

Feels like quite the relief to be able to job search and actually give an idea on when I will be available- in the meantime I get to continue my aim to be the best house husband available in Ottawa.

We're landing next week during spring break and have decided to hit a sugar shack once we get back over the border for the maximum Canada experience.

andytoronto

Mar 7, 2013
DGT said:
I hope they're getting quicker too! When did you submit your application?
first week in august 2012 we got notification that they received the application.. but this was before sponsor approval and before they sent it to the uk.

da1000

Aug 29, 2012
mic_midd86 said:
Thanks, I guess I know what I'll be doing Monday morning!
Yeh its a pain and yet another document to gather :D hopefully you get yours nice and quickly had a bit of a mission with mine and Victoria Roads, because i never drove out there and never had a oz licence i could not use the online service for a check as you have to have a licence, so had to phone and get them to write a letter stating that i never held a licence in that state. Now you would think that would not be too complicated but apparently it was as it took me 3 direct to departments/staff emails, 1 web form email, 1 facebook post and 3 phone calls and 8 weeks before i finally got the letter :D i chuckle about it now but it did stress me out a bit at the time :D

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
da1000 said:
Yeh its a pain and yet another document to gather :D hopefully you get yours nice and quickly had a bit of a mission with mine and Victoria Roads, because i never drove out there and never had a oz licence i could not use the online service for a check as you have to have a licence, so had to phone and get them to write a letter stating that i never held a licence in that state. Now you would think that would not be too complicated but apparently it was as it took me 3 direct to departments/staff emails, 1 web form email, 1 facebook post and 3 phone calls and 8 weeks before i finally got the letter :D i chuckle about it now but it did stress me out a bit at the time :D
Mmm. I hope it doesn't take too long! I can't drive and never had an Aussie license either....I'll maybe try calling them before sending any forms, cause I guess I'll need the same letter cause they won't have anything to check.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
Every time I open the thread, and see that you've posted, I expect it to be your turn for Decision Made. I feel almost as disappointed as you I think! Nearly there though. Nearly there.
this made me LOL

pa19007

Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6 2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 5, 2013 - IN PROCESS MARCH 11
AOR Received.
Oct 17, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2012
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013 - DECISIO MADE!!
scottishmaple said:
So I just got home and checked ecas

and gues what?

It still say's application received!! *sigh *

Anyway, forum was busy while I was gone. Evening everyone and afternoon to everyone else.
Our timeline is nearly the same! I have not logged into Ecas but I know exactly what I will see - if it makes you feel better I will update you once I get APPLICATION RECIEVED slap on the face! Those chiquaquas in the UK will be the end of me... ;D

dannypee

Jan 29, 2013
Hey guys

does anyone know does London usually take the full 60 days to get back to you once your extra info is with them ? I had to send extra proof of cohabitation so I sent 18mths of joint utility bills 12mths worth before we applied hope this does the trick as im not on the mortgage and neither of us like joint accounts !!! we have a joint Costco bill though lol

Regards