+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
rpurdie said:
I love the humour on this forum - laughing in the face of adversity!

IEC / working holiday visa final batch of 2013 (2,350 places) opens in a couple of hours - anyone applying?
I tried helping my friend who is over here to apply for her 2nd year. It was, like most things CIC related, an absolute nightmare. The ~2,000 quota for today (the final batch of the quota) went in under 20 minutes. Basically if you hadn't registered on the 2nd day of the quota you had no chance as the system wouldn't even let you register - what would happen is you register, a registration email was sent (it wasn't) then if you didn't get the email (everyone) you couldn't log in NOR could you request a password reset lol.

I just wonder who at CIC comes up with this stuff 'I've an idea, how about we put our entire years quota up online but only available 3 days of the year - just to totally jam up our systems - and we'll allocate no extra bandwith or system resources to deal with the 1000s of people trying to get into our website on those 3 days - don't see any problems with this right?' :p

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
essex0227 said:
Hey Guys, haven't posted in a while but have been lurking.
I feel for all of you waiting for your applications to start being processed and if i was you i'd be angry too.
What has happened to CIC processing times?
I applied on August 4th 2011 average processing times then were 144 days. Luckly mine was done in just 106 days but looking at the spread sheet now its closer to 206 days.
What new rules were bought in that means its taking longer?
I have everything crossed that the people that have been waiting 300+ days hear really soon. :)
If you applied around April/May you got absolutely screwed. Basically CIC Canada must have been on their summer holidays and took extra long to process Stage 1, then your application was opened in London around Nov/Dec and after reading their standard 1 word an hour they went off on their Xmas holidays and chucked your application in a big pile.
(N.B. These are just my theories, like my roulette wheel theory they may not be accurate)

So now we have the spreadsheet showing last year only 3 applications took over 300 days. This year we are heading towards the 15 mark. Once these April/May ones get processed the average is going to jump up to like 210/220. Getting closer and closer to being double the average for 2010/2011.

I guess (serious guess this time) CIC (London in particular) must have had their budget cut, resources cut, staff cut or something similar to explain this massive jump in application processing times.

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
michty6 said:
Haha awesome ;D

Could be worse, Qtaz is about the join the '400 day' club, a super elite club of which he is pretty much the only member!

Where you headed to in Canada?
400 days? That's terrible, super elite. Have there been many problems with qtaz's application or something?
I'll be heading to Kingston, ON and after a while there I'll be moving to Victoria, BC. So excited!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
davidmarsden38 said:
Hey Katie, you also need to have fingerprints taken for that police check I believe and that needs to be sent to Australia in the post. I too had to do this for my working holiday visas and PR.

Good luck! :)
Hey! I lived in Australia for 2 years, and had to apply for a Federal Police check from Canberra. I didn't need any fingerprints done, and I got the document in a week! Quicker than the UK for sure.

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
sarah2012 said:
400 days? That's terrible, super elite. Have there been many problems with qtaz's application or something?
I'll be heading to Kingston, ON and after a while there I'll be moving to Victoria, BC. So excited!
From his posts in here nothing too much. His sponsor approval took 200 days with no requests for info or anything - it's like they lost it or something! So in that sense his Stage 2 time isn't too over the top but obviously still pretty high. At Stage 2 they requested info but he never got the request. He is visa exempt too!

Cool I've been to Kingston - nice little student town. Went to visit my gf when she there studying at Queens...

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DGT said:
Hey! I lived in Australia for 2 years, and had to apply for a Federal Police check from Canberra. I didn't need any fingerprints done, and I got the document in a week! Quicker than the UK for sure.
Australian police check process (read in an Australian accent):

Policeman 1: 'Mate just got this form request from this fella from the UK what do I do with this?'
Policeman 2: 'Mate I've neva seen one of those before *takes swig of beer*'
Policeman 1: 'Well I guess I'll take this up with the Police Chief. HOY DAVE!'
PoliceChief Dave: 'Crikey mate I was having a nap'
Policeman 1: 'Oh sorry Dave. Just got a certificate request thing from some geeza in the UK what do I do with it?'
PoliceChief Dave: 'Just stamp it and send it on mate. Geez.'

mickmerf1

Jan 3, 2013
michty6 said:
Austral
ian police check process (read in an Australian accent):

Policeman 1: 'Mate just got this form request from this fella from the UK what do I do with this?'
Policeman 2: 'Mate I've neva seen one of those before *takes swig of beer*'
Policeman 1: 'Well I guess I'll take this up with the Police Chief. HOY DAVE!'
PoliceChief Dave: 'Crikey mate I was having a nap'
Policeman 1: 'Oh sorry Dave. Just got a certificate request thing from some geeza in the UK what do I do with it?'
PoliceChief Dave: 'Just stamp it and send it on mate. Geez.'
Love it lol

andytoronto

Mar 7, 2013
hi guys, i have been silently watching the forums for the last week.
I googled decision made and eventually arrived here to this forum.
I managed to put the processing time and obsession behind me for the last few months but as the deadline is reaching i decided to log online and check my status.

I also have "decision made" i am guessing since monday 4th of march and they processed the application on the 28th of feb so now i am waiting on some information. I applied as spouce as i am married but via a lawyer so i am guessing they will receive an update.

Are any of you in canada and applied from outside of canada to the london office?

It seems a lot of people on other forums have received a Rejection after a "decision made", but they have applied through the points system and are not married common law or family class.. so my hope if that family class is not following the same path as the points system.

For sure the lawyer will let me know of the reply when it suits them so all i can do is to keep an eye out here and my email for some update.

KatieandHarry

Oct 22, 2012
Thank you guys & girls. :D

I didn't get fingerprints done ... eek .... The certificate itself should be OK I hope :D

I did request it be sent to me urgently so fingers crossed. Even though it was a great pain getting a set back, I suppose it means they have our file open and it should be over by the time I send them this certificate!

We are hoping to have left the UK by the end of next month!! ..... ???

This forum is a right charm. I think we would all go crazy without each other! "Normal" people don't understand! :D

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DGT said:
Hi DJT!
I also had to get a police certificate from Australia. I also read that you needed to provide proof that you had no driving convictions if you lived in Queensland. I had seen on other forums that most people missed this out, I did also. Mainly because my police cert got lost in the mail and didn't get it for a few weeks so i was worried the driving certificate would get lost or it would take ages and would hold up me up sending my application off....that and I don't drive and thought that was proof enough!
Did you or anyone else apply for this? Is it soo important that I should get it just now in case they request it?
Since I have made the decision to move over may 1st, I've become a wee worry wort.
I've also only purchased a one way flight.....hope I don't get bother with immigration!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
andytoronto said:
hi guys, i have been silently watching the forums for the last week.
I googled decision made and eventually arrived here to this forum.
I managed to put the processing time and obsession behind me for the last few months but as the deadline is reaching i decided to log online and check my status.

I also have "decision made" i am guessing since monday 4th of march and they processed the application on the 28th of feb so now i am waiting on some information. I applied as spouce as i am married but via a lawyer so i am guessing they will receive an update.

Are any of you in canada and applied from outside of canada to the london office?

It seems a lot of people on other forums have received a Rejection after a "decision made", but they have applied through the points system and are not married common law or family class.. so my hope if that family class is not following the same path as the points system.

For sure the lawyer will let me know of the reply when it suits them so all i can do is to keep an eye out here and my email for some update.
Hello, welcome, and congratulations!

I'm not sure about the other forums, but "Decision Made" without CIC asking for further info is a guaranteed acceptance. So, your COPR will be on it's way to you! You are correct in saying that it is much harder for non-family class applicants as CIC can be pickier I guess. So, you're fine and your application is complete!

I am currently in Canada, and my application is being processed in London. I came over shortly after we received our first stage approval. Anyway, watch whatever mailbox you have as your mailing address as your COPR will be with you soon.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
KatieandHarry said:
Thank you guys & girls. :D

I didn't get fingerprints done ... eek .... The certificate itself should be OK I hope :D

I did request it be sent to me urgently so fingers crossed. Even though it was a great pain getting a set back, I suppose it means they have our file open and it should be over by the time I send them this certificate!

We are hoping to have left the UK by the end of next month!! ..... ???

This forum is a right charm. I think we would all go crazy without each other! "Normal" people don't understand! :D
Hello! You're right. No one really gets the strain and the pressure of having your life entirely in the hands a foreign government! Horrid stuff, but I'm sure you're nearly there. As I say, the AFP are pretty swift so I'd say it'll be a week or so. They do say up to 4 months for extra info, but it doesn't really seem to be the case. It's also a very simple document to "review" so I would think that it will only add a week or two to your process. Good luck with the departure! Where are you off to?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
mic_midd86 said:
Hi DJT!
I also had to get a police certificate from Australia. I also read that you needed to provide proof that you had no driving convictions if you lived in Queensland. I had seen on other forums that most people missed this out, I did also. Mainly because my police cert got lost in the mail and didn't get it for a few weeks so i was worried the driving certificate would get lost or it would take ages and would hold up me up sending my application off....that and I don't drive and thought that was proof enough!
Did you or anyone else apply for this? Is it soo important that I should get it just now in case they request it?
Since I have made the decision to move over may 1st, I've become a wee worry wort.
I've also only purchased a one way flight.....hope I don't get bother with immigration!
Hey! I've never come across this as I didn't live in Queensland (or drive for that matter!), so I'm not sure. I think you've done the right thing in just getting your application into them ASAP. What I would maybe suggest though, is to go ahead and apply for the driving convictions clearance anyway, and submit it as extra information to your application when it arrives. That way, your bases are covered.

With regards to immigration, you shouldn't have too much trouble. I would recommend that you be totally honest, bring a copy of your application receipt/file number from CIC and bring a bank statement with sufficient funds for a return flight should it be needed. With all that you should be fine. Some officers can be more difficult than others but they tend not to give UK citizens a hard time.

Best of luck!

andytoronto

Mar 7, 2013
DGT said:
Hello, welcome, and congratulations!

I'm not sure about the other forums, but "Decision Made" without CIC asking for further info is a guaranteed acceptance. So, your COPR will be on it's way to you! You are correct in saying that it is much harder for non-family class applicants as CIC can be pickier I guess. So, you're fine and your application is complete!

I am currently in Canada, and my application is being processed in London. I came over shortly after we received our first stage approval. Anyway, watch whatever mailbox you have as your mailing address as your COPR will be with you soon.
So should i get excited about this?
We used a lawyer as he is very good and also a friend of a friend so he didnt rip us off and made sure they had everything possible (full complete package as they say) so i am hoping because we sent them everything possible that now all that we have to do is wait for this COPR.

How long does it usually take from "Decision made" to COPR? is this basically my next step?
And are you just waiting for your PR card now?
-edit... and thank you for your reply DGT

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
So I just got home and checked ecas

and gues what?

It still say's application received!! *sigh *

Anyway, forum was busy while I was gone. Evening everyone and afternoon to everyone else.