+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Merveille said:
Hey Guys..I emailed cic to get an update of my application this is the answer that I got:Your file is currently under review with an Immigration Officer. We will be in contact as soon as there have been further developments with the processing of your file.
Has anyone got anything similar? Does this mean that they have opened my application or something? All answers are appreciated.
I got an email in response to my enquiry on Feb 14th that said the same thing.. They began processing my application on Feb 25th and I got DM March 1st!! Hopefully in a few weeks you will hear something :) :)

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
sfeire said:
I got an email in response to my enquiry on Feb 14th that said the same thing.. They began processing my application on Feb 25th and I got DM March 1st!! Hopefully in a few weeks you will hear something :) :)
I hope so, thanks for letting me know.

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
antz21 said:
From what I have read on this forum, that sounds like a standard response. It seems like they have opened your file and are looking through it which is good news!
Thanks!

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
FYI: I've just got GCMS notes back and.... they didn't really answer any questions.. There is one comment that says 'Personal history from 2000/07 to 2002/03 does not appear to be on file. Please request applicant to provide same." ....We then got request for his personal history from 1999/01-2002/03 (taking us back to his 18th birthday). There is no reason stated for this request... so I'm thinking maybe there is a new visa officer or something who is misinterpreting what is required? (for anyone else who has notes this was requested by: WD5042.. whatever that means)
There is also a comment which explains them asking us for his travel history: "Indicates on schedule A that we went travelling for 10 months, Feb-Dec 09, will send supplementary travel form, additional PC (police check?) may be required. Please take the following action 1) Send Supplementary travel form. 2) Hold form pending receipt of travel form, file then to be referred to map for eligibility". I get why they asked for this.. although it wasn't an issue as he was not in any one country for more than 6 months and therefor didn't require a police check.

Other then that is just said we met the required cohabitation for 12 months and they are satisfied that our relationship is bona fide. It took exactly one month from when they got my request for notes to when they actually sent them to me.

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
michty6 said:
Big day today....

DAY 300!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooo party :p 8) ;D :D :D ;D ;D 8) 8) :eek: :p :p :p :p :) :) ;) ;)

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be able to join the elite applications of 'Fhaider', 'sarah2012' or 'nmford' in the '300 club' but today that day has arrived.

I'm a bit overwhelmed just now but I'd like to thank CIC and uhm yeh pretty much just CIC.
ohh i feel for you Michty i really do!!!!!!! x

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
michty6 said:
Big day today....

DAY 300!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooo party :p 8) ;D :D :D ;D ;D 8) 8) :eek: :p :p :p :p :) :) ;) ;)

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be able to join the elite applications of 'Fhaider', 'sarah2012' or 'nmford' in the '300 club' but today that day has arrived.

I'm a bit overwhelmed just now but I'd like to thank CIC and uhm yeh pretty much just CIC.
Welcome to our exclusive club! Woohoo! :p As an official member, your complimentary welcome package includes:
1. Members are treated to silence from CIC,
2. Stress!
3. Exclusive stalking rights of your neighbourhood postman,
4. Receiving a COPR in approximately less than one month!

Don't be worrying now, you're on the home stretch. Although it is a tough wait, on the bright side - you know you've definitely been approved. They won't extend your medicals unless you've been approved! It will take them approximately two weeks to complete this stage. The medicals will be extended for one year or to the expiry date of your passport - whichever comes first. You can flagpole or fly into Canada any time once you get the COPR.
I got an email about CIC applying for a medical extension for me. They said I'd hear back in two weeks. My file went to DM on e-cas around four days later. I didn't get any more information until I got my COPR in the post, about three weeks later. I received my COPR at the end of January, however due to financial pressures and a few other things, I'm only flying to Canada now, well, in one week!
Not long to go!

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
I love the humour on this forum - laughing in the face of adversity!

IEC / working holiday visa final batch of 2013 (2,350 places) opens in a couple of hours - anyone applying?

tommyboy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
Finally, 2 weeks after DM, PPR finally comes in by email.
With a request for the PP to reach them within 30 days. I guess they have a right to give us ultimatums while we can't do the same(the balls on them, the massive balls) :mad:.
Anyway here goes. Yippppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D.

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
Dawlphin_17 said:
FYI: I've just got GCMS notes back and.... they didn't really answer any questions.. There is one comment that says 'Personal history from 2000/07 to 2002/03 does not appear to be on file. Please request applicant to provide same." ....We then got request for his personal history from 1999/01-2002/03 (taking us back to his 18th birthday). There is no reason stated for this request... so I'm thinking maybe there is a new visa officer or something who is misinterpreting what is required? (for anyone else who has notes this was requested by: WD5042.. whatever that means)
There is also a comment which explains them asking us for his travel history: "Indicates on schedule A that we went travelling for 10 months, Feb-Dec 09, will send supplementary travel form, additional PC (police check?) may be required. Please take the following action 1) Send Supplementary travel form. 2) Hold form pending receipt of travel form, file then to be referred to map for eligibility". I get why they asked for this.. although it wasn't an issue as he was not in any one country for more than 6 months and therefor didn't require a police check.

Other then that is just said we met the required cohabitation for 12 months and they are satisfied that our relationship is bona fide. It took exactly one month from when they got my request for notes to when they actually sent them to me.
I have seen around the forum about these GCMS notes - what are they and how do you get them? Are they a good thing to get if your still waiting around?

Thanks Dawlphin

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
rpurdie said:
I love the humour on this forum - laughing in the face of adversity!

IEC / working holiday visa final batch of 2013 (2,350 places) opens in a couple of hours - anyone applying?
I applied and got in the first round! I was lucky I am unemployed so that I could sit there and keep on refreshing that page - A waiting game on the IEC working holiday visa front and PR too!

Good luck to all applying!

KatieandHarry

Oct 22, 2012
Hi Guys,

London have just requested additional information from me being a Police Certificate from Australia (I travelled there for 6 months back in 2009) bit of a blow .... but have just applied for a certificate via the Australian Federal website and now wait for that in the post to then send back to Embassy!

Hummphh, really thought it was "the email" !! :'(

They say that it takes them 4 months to review any new information sent to them, is this really right?!! A further 4 months!! I so hope not.

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
Hey Guys, haven't posted in a while but have been lurking.
I feel for all of you waiting for your applications to start being processed and if i was you i'd be angry too.
What has happened to CIC processing times?
I applied on August 4th 2011 average processing times then were 144 days. Luckly mine was done in just 106 days but looking at the spread sheet now its closer to 206 days.
What new rules were bought in that means its taking longer?
I have everything crossed that the people that have been waiting 300+ days hear really soon. :)

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
KatieandHarry said:
Hi Guys,

London have just requested additional information from me being a Police Certificate from Australia (I travelled there for 6 months back in 2009) bit of a blow .... but have just applied for a certificate via the Australian Federal website and now wait for that in the post to then send back to Embassy!

Hummphh, really thought it was "the email" !! :'(

They say that it takes them 4 months to review any new information sent to them, is this really right?!! A further 4 months!! I so hope not.
Hey Katie, you also need to have fingerprints taken for that police check I believe and that needs to be sent to Australia in the post. I too had to do this for my working holiday visas and PR.

Good luck! :)

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
GCMS notes are available for the Stage 1 (i.e. Canadian) part of the process right?

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
sarah2012 said:
Welcome to our exclusive club! Woohoo! :p As an official member, your complimentary welcome package includes:
1. Members are treated to silence from CIC,
2. Stress!
3. Exclusive stalking rights of your neighbourhood postman,
4. Receiving a COPR in approximately less than one month!

Don't be worrying now, you're on the home stretch. Although it is a tough wait, on the bright side - you know you've definitely been approved. They won't extend your medicals unless you've been approved! It will take them approximately two weeks to complete this stage. The medicals will be extended for one year or to the expiry date of your passport - whichever comes first. You can flagpole or fly into Canada any time once you get the COPR.
I got an email about CIC applying for a medical extension for me. They said I'd hear back in two weeks. My file went to DM on e-cas around four days later. I didn't get any more information until I got my COPR in the post, about three weeks later. I received my COPR at the end of January, however due to financial pressures and a few other things, I'm only flying to Canada now, well, in one week!
Not long to go!
Haha awesome ;D

Could be worse, Qtaz is about the join the '400 day' club, a super elite club of which he is pretty much the only member!

Where you headed to in Canada?