+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

CkMaddall

Sep 14, 2012
Hi All

90% through the application pack - most fun I have had in ages!

Just wondering, do supporting documents need to be notorised if in English? ie a birth certificate, or emails etc

Many thanks

Chris

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
CkMaddall said:
Hi All

90% through the application pack - most fun I have had in ages!

Just wondering, do supporting documents need to be notorised if in English? ie a birth certificate, or emails etc

Many thanks

Chris
'Assemble all your documents as listed. Check (;) each applicable item on the list and attach the list to your
documents (a paper clip will do). Send originals of the immigration forms (items 1 to 5 below) and police
certificates. Send photocopies of all other documents, unless instructed otherwise. Do not send your
documents in transparency pockets, binders or folders. If your documents are not in English or French, send
a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals
.'

You don't have to get the emails etc notorized, I would just make sure they have all the information on them, To: From: Time: etc and the birth certificates etc are photocopies but make sure they are really clear and all the information is on them

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
Hello all.

Can we be added to the London spreadsheet please. our info is to the left.

We are still waiting for SA in Mississauga, once approved we are onto London!

Cheers!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
msmith1789 said:
Hello all.

Can we be added to the London spreadsheet please. our info is to the left.

We are still waiting for SA in Mississauga, once approved we are onto London!

Cheers!
I have added you to the 2013 spreadsheet, which is the first tab. Are you applying as Common-Law or Married?

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
scottishmaple said:
It's a guessing game really, but if you look at the spreadsheet, you will see that recently it has been anywhere between 3 days and 4 weeks. However some people like Mitchy6 have been waiting way longer, he has been in process since Dec 10th but I can't see that happening to you,
Our application really should be straight forward. But who knows! Are you in process yet?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Uk2Can said:
Our application really should be straight forward. But who knows! Are you in process yet?
Nope :( :( :( :'(

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
Hi guys!

I hope someone here can help me with an advice. When we sent off my sponsorship application I put my Swedish address as "home address" and my boyfriend´s Canadian address as "mailing address" since I´m already in Canada and want my mail here.

After a while I sold my apartment in Sweden and changed my home address to my parents address. Received an e-mail from VO that they updated my file. But then I noticed that they changed both home address and current address to the Canadian address. Since I´m just a visitor in Canada, I didn´t want them to think that I don´t have a Swedish address so I contacted them again.
Now it´s wrong, again - home address is the Canadian one and current address is the Swedish!

What do you suggest I do? E-mail them again? I´m afraid they´ll get annoyed with me... But I really really want my mail to Canada instead of waiting for my parents to send it here. And is it negative that I have a Canadian home address in the file?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Swedish citizen said:
Hi guys!

I hope someone here can help me with an advice. When we sent off my sponsorship application I put my Swedish address as "home address" and my boyfriend´s Canadian address as "mailing address" since I´m already in Canada and want my mail here.

After a while I sold my apartment in Sweden and changed my home address to my parents address. Received an e-mail from VO that they updated my file. But then I noticed that they changed both home address and current address to the Canadian address. Since I´m just a visitor in Canada, I didn´t want them to think that I don´t have a Swedish address so I contacted them again.
Now it´s wrong, again - home address is the Canadian one and current address is the Swedish!

What do you suggest I do? E-mail them again? I´m afraid they´ll get annoyed with me... But I really really want my mail to Canada instead of waiting for my parents to send it here. And is it negative that I have a Canadian home address in the file?
I'm not sure what weight it will have on your application having your home address in Canada if any, but CIC do cross reference so, it would be my suggestion that you email them again and explain there is an error and change the addresses, especially your mailing address as this is where you COPR will be sent to. CIC sometimes get things wrong, they got my daughter's name wrong on the email they sent my husband (sponsor) and I had to contact them to get it changed and they were quick about it.

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Lakwa said:
Happy Dance!!! My husband received our COPR in the mail today! :D
I guess this part of the process is done, now on to the second part.

This application has been everything that i have talked about for the past year, so happy to have it done.

All I have to say is, patience is definitely a virtue!

I wish everyone good luck on their journey and am very thankful for all the fantastic advice on this forum. You guys are what kept me slightly sane, slightly.

All my relations!
Lakwa
Wow!! That was quick! Where is your husband?i hope mine arrives soon!

saraeascott

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2012
File Transfer...
28/12/2012
Med's Done....
01/07/2012
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone might know the answer or perhaps can tell me if they think there's something wrong with ECAS.

I'm sponsoring my boyfriend and I was approved as a Sponsor as of Dec 27th/2013 (we got email confirmation with a letter stating the file was being sent to London). I can log onto ECAS with my details ie: last name, DOB etc. However, my boyfriend can't check ECAS using his details.

Is this normal? Will ECAS only work for him once the application is being reviewed in London? Or is there possibly a problem with the paperwork etc?

They have noted that the medicals have been received at the London office, so they have clearly matched the files.

Any thoughts???

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
Hi Sara,

Have you tried different combinations of the Identification type in E-CAS? It is unfortunately not terribly consistent but for us we could see information via the sponsor details with the ID as the receipt number (from payment). However, we couldn't see information as the applicant until we received our UCI number (from your approval letter).

You should be able to view this info before the review is undertaken but not being able to do so doesn't mean there is a problem with your paperwork.

If nothing works you could send a case specific enquiry to the London VO in order to ask them to confirm that they have received your file- we did this after a few scare stories on here and it helped put our minds at rest while we waited.

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
saraeascott said:
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone might know the answer or perhaps can tell me if they think there's something wrong with ECAS.

I'm sponsoring my boyfriend and I was approved as a Sponsor as of Dec 27th/2013 (we got email confirmation with a letter stating the file was being sent to London). I can log onto ECAS with my details ie: last name, DOB etc. However, my boyfriend can't check ECAS using his details.

Is this normal? Will ECAS only work for him once the application is being reviewed in London? Or is there possibly a problem with the paperwork etc?

They have noted that the medicals have been received at the London office, so they have clearly matched the files.

Any thoughts???
I had trouble at first too. It turns out I was selecting "United Kingdom and Colonies" as the country when logging in, when actually I needed to select "England" (which I didn't know was an option). Your case may be different, but that's what was stopping me from logging in!

saraeascott

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2012
File Transfer...
28/12/2012
Med's Done....
01/07/2012
Thanks for the replies - I think it was a combo of both. Not selecting England (whoops) and it not working with the UCI number, but rather another option.

Thanks again! So relieved to see it there... finally... couldn't handle another possible delay!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Korma said:
I had trouble at first too. It turns out I was selecting "United Kingdom and Colonies" as the country when logging in, when actually I needed to select "England" (which I didn't know was an option). Your case may be different, but that's what was stopping me from logging in!
I find it interesting that CIC make distinctions between the Home Nations. As far as I'm aware, they are the only immigration department that do so in the world! It's strange when you're "nationality" isn't really affected by it. Not complaining though! It's kinda nice to be recognised for a change :p

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
So even though I was trying to be good and wait until the 25th March (6 months in London) before I sent them another email...I have gone and sent one today. I feel kind of ashamed :-[ that I am unable to wait approx 20 days. But I am starting to worry, yesterday was a bad day for me in terms of obsessing over immigration, I have been fairly good recently, casually coming on here and only checking Ecas once a day. But I was on this forum all day yesterday and I checked ecas at least 15 times yesterday, hoping for some sort of change. I am always genuinely pleased when people around me (especially on the spreadsheet) are getting DM's or progress on their application, but I am not going to lie, I do feel crappy that it's not us. :'( :'( :'(

Anyway, I will probably feel better later (I might just be hormonal....lol)

I need a nice cuppa and the will power to stay away from Ecas for at least a couple of days.