+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

KatieandHarry

Oct 22, 2012
Ooooh they're updating things on our ECAS .... They're playing with the home address ....

Please please be this week!!! Crossed fingers and toes :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Dawlphin_17 said:
Have the address in the window, but no postcode or anything, just city, province and country! I dont want to get too excited, just in case... but still, cant stop smiling :D
Mine looked like "Vancouver, BC, Canada" 8h before it turned to "decision made" - so if CIC updated your home address as "Canada" it means that they consider that you will be living there as a PR - congrats! :) you're done! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
KatieandHarry said:
Ooooh they're updating things on our ECAS .... They're playing with the home address ....

Please please be this week!!! Crossed fingers and toes :)
If the home address changes to a canadian one, with "City, Province, Canada", then it's over! :)

saraeascott said:
What kind of questions did they ask you? My boyfriend is potentially coming over in a month to wait out the end of the application (I'm sponsoring him). I've been the one filling in the paperwork etc - so a bit worried he might get caught out on any questions!
I only got asked how long I wanted to stay - I said 6 months because I was here to wait for my PR to come through. I was asked whether I had a job at home (no), and that was it! I didn't have a return ticket so I traveled with a bank statement to show that I had the funds to pay for one if needed, and I had the sponsorship approval, but wasn't asked for any of that... a very easy process. Was given 6 months at the border.
Sweden

Lucanna

Dec 14, 2012
Hi guys, my ECAS also has my home address on it listed as the place in Canada where me and my boyfriend live, it's been that way since I could first get on to it at the end of last month (there was a delay in getting our file numbers etc for some reason even though it went to London at the very beginning of November) Is it really a good sign that a home address is listed?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Lucanna said:
Hi guys, my ECAS also has my home address on it listed as the place in Canada where me and my boyfriend live, it's been that way since I could first get on to it at the end of last month (there was a delay in getting our file numbers etc for some reason even though it went to London at the very beginning of November) Is it really a good sign that a home address is listed?
It's CIC, so it's always difficult to know! for quite a few applicants (me included), we only had a "mailing address" on ecas. Then one day a "home address" showed up, with no precise address, other than "city/province/Canada", and a few hours/days later, ecas turned into DM... so it was a good sign. Can't guarantee that it's the same for all of course, but I hope it will work for you as well - maybe they're done - although if your application arrived beginning of November in London it could be a bit early - but you never know!
Good luck,
Sweden

Lucanna

Dec 14, 2012
That's what I figured, I'm not really expecting to hear until the end of summer, considering they couldn't even get our file number to us in a timely manner! :)

canadamom

Apr 25, 2012
Ok, good news... Our status on the cic website just changed from 'in process' to 'decision made'. So exciting...
But what happens now? We are living here in Denmark, but I have listed my parents address in Canada as where we will be living when we arrive. Will they send a letter to us here in DK? What does my hubby need to arrive in Canada? It is getting close now! Feels like forever.
Thanks all,
Canadamom

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Sweden said:
It's CIC, so it's always difficult to know! for quite a few applicants (me included), we only had a "mailing address" on ecas. Then one day a "home address" showed up, with no precise address, other than "city/province/Canada", and a few hours/days later, ecas turned into DM... so it was a good sign. Can't guarantee that it's the same for all of course, but I hope it will work for you as well - maybe they're done - although if your application arrived beginning of November in London it could be a bit early - but you never know!
Good luck,
Sweden
Sweden, i tried to change my mailing address on ecas but I dont know how :( i dont have that blue link option to change my mailing address. When i login as my boyfriends login he has that choice but only to change his home address. Im confused how do i change my mailing address to our place here in Canada? (remember im here waiting for my answer and dont want to be forced to go back to Sweden to get my PR card) thanks for your help!!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
SwedentoQuebec said:
Sweden, i tried to change my mailing address on ecas but I dont know how :( i dont have that blue link option to change my mailing address. When i login as my boyfriends login he has that choice but only to change his home address. Im confused how do i change my mailing address to our place here in Canada? (remember im here waiting for my answer and dont want to be forced to go back to Sweden to get my PR card) thanks for your help!!
Don't worry! if your application is already in London, then you should email them directly and inform them of the address change.

Here is the link!

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
DGT said:
Don't worry! if your application is already in London, then you should email them directly and inform them of the address change.

Here is the link!

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london
thanks DGT! its done :)

saraeascott

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2012
File Transfer...
28/12/2012
Med's Done....
01/07/2012
Thanks for the info and the quick reply!

Sweden said:
If the home address changes to a canadian one, with "City, Province, Canada", then it's over! :)
I only got asked how long I wanted to stay - I said 6 months because I was here to wait for my PR to come through. I was asked whether I had a job at home (no), and that was it! I didn't have a return ticket so I traveled with a bank statement to show that I had the funds to pay for one if needed, and I had the sponsorship approval, but wasn't asked for any of that... a very easy process. Was given 6 months at the border.
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canadamom said:
Ok, good news... Our status on the cic website just changed from 'in process' to 'decision made'. So exciting...
But what happens now? We are living here in Denmark, but I have listed my parents address in Canada as where we will be living when we arrive. Will they send a letter to us here in DK? What does my hubby need to arrive in Canada? It is getting close now! Feels like forever.
Thanks all,
Canadamom
Congrats! great to hear! now - they will send out the COPR ( confirmation of PR, a long paper, that arrives in a brown envelop!) to the "mailing address" that is listed on ecas. So if it's your parents' address in Canada, then they will send it there. Then your parents can send it to you! then you fly to Canada, and at the border, you tell the immigration officer that your husband needs to "land as a PR" - he will be taken aside, and then they'll verify the info on the COPR, ask him to sign etc, and that's it! He only needs his passport + the COPR. If he wants to import anything,he will need to make the list (called a B4, search for that term on the forum), and get it stamped at the same time... it's tax free.
Congrats!
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Lucanna said:
It depends on how you log in - when I (applicant) logged in with the file number and my details I could only ever see the mailing address and then the status of PR.
When I log in with my hubbys details and his Client ID I could see both the status of sponsorship and PR and both home and mailing address at all times!
So when I logged in with my details and the home address was added where it wasn't ever before, thats when I got DM!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Oh it's SO good to see my row on the spreadsheet RED!!! I actually got DM March 1st,not 2nd if someone could change it :)
I think next week will be a good week for DMs, I can feel it! :)

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
sfeire said:
Oh my god! Oh my God! Oh my God!!!!!

My husband just called me to ask me had I seen ECAS and DECISION MADE!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!! :eek:
I checked it 3 times today and nothing and then he checks it and there it is!!!
Started processing on February 25th.

IM SO HAPPY!!!! I'm so glad it's nearly over!!
To everyone waiting.. this feeling is worth the wait!
. Congratulations!