+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
sfeire said:
Oh my god! Oh my God! Oh my God!!!!!

My husband just called me to ask me had I seen ECAS and DECISION MADE!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!! :eek:
I checked it 3 times today and nothing and then he checks it and there it is!!!
Started processing on February 25th.

IM SO HAPPY!!!! I'm so glad it's nearly over!!
To everyone waiting.. this feeling is worth the wait!
That's awesome news. Glad it's almost over for you now.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
sfeire said:

My husband just called me to ask me had I seen ECAS and DECISION MADE!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!! :eek:

Congratulations, that is fantastic news!!!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sfeire said:

Congrats!!! see - "I told you"!! :) the addition of a "home address" category on ecas is usually a good sign - and for me the decision made on ecas corresponded with the day they actually sent the COPR out (it was issued 3 days earlier), so next week you should have it in hand!!

So happy for you!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sarah2012 said:
Great thank you. Congratulations on your job too.
They have marked my birthplace slightly incorrectly, in misspelled Irish instead of English but everything else is ok.
I'm moving to Kingston, ON and then onto Victoria, BC. So I'll put down whichever address I'll be in, in the next few weeks.
Hey! Victoria bound - that's cool, it's not many of us around here! :) Weather has been rainy the last few days, but by the time you get here, it will be spring! crocuses and daffodils are already blooming, a nice sight!

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
sfeire said:

Congrats to you, the wait is FINALLY over!!! And I'm reeeeeeeeeally hoping that the addition of a home address ALWAYS means DM to follow soon because I have just logged on and my home address has been added as well!!!! :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dawlphin_17 said:
Congrats to you, the wait is FINALLY over!!! And I'm reeeeeeeeeally hoping that the addition of a home address ALWAYS means DM to follow soon because I have just logged on and my home address has been added as well!!!! :D
seems like you're on your way too! hope it turns into DM very soon! do you have any address in the window or just the window now? fingers crossed!

paulonaboat

Mar 14, 2012
Been awhile since I updated, and unfortunately can only report we are still "in process". My wife's medical furtherance request took 4 weeks to reach us and she has taken that to one of the approved doctors in Toronto last week who completed it and will forward it back.

I hadnt been on ecas in weeks as we've been busy and the whole thing had entered this waiting for the furtherance request stage, but went on today and now it says both the sponsorship application status AND permanent residency application are "in process"! Where previously sponsorship had been application approved. Anyone had any experience with getting pulled back on this? I'm going to contact them Monday but any outside opinions or experience will help stave off a growing feeling of this all starting to slide back to the beginning almost a year ago!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
paulonaboat said:
Been awhile since I updated, and unfortunately can only report we are still "in process". My wife's medical furtherance request took 4 weeks to reach us and she has taken that to one of the approved doctors in Toronto last week who completed it and will forward it back.

I hadnt been on ecas in weeks as we've been busy and the whole thing had entered this waiting for the furtherance request stage, but went on today and now it says both the sponsorship application status AND permanent residency application are "in process"! Where previously sponsorship had been application approved. Anyone had any experience with getting pulled back on this? I'm going to contact them Monday but any outside opinions or experience will help stave off a growing feeling of this all starting to slide back to the beginning almost a year ago!
I wouldn't worry! They wouldn't reopen your Sponsorship file. It's probably just an error on their part! Anyway, you are in progress now so it should be DM soon!

paulonaboat

Mar 14, 2012
DGT said:
I wouldn't worry! They wouldn't reopen your Sponsorship file. It's probably just an error on their part! Anyway, you are in progress now so it should be DM soon!
Thanks DGT, I'm assuming the same, nice to hear it from someone else though!

Eabie, thanks for the private message asking about our status, as a newbie I don't seem to be able to respond directly to you (guess one more post and I will)

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Thanks for the congrats everyone! Its still sinking in, I still can't believe its finally happened! Sweden, you were right as always ;D
Dawlphin_17 - You will hear next week then!! From mine and Swedens experience things happen once your home address is added! Fingers crossed for you!
So I've been in Ireland 4 weeks now, was due to return on Thursday last but pushed out my flight. I'm hoping to be able to return to Canada and land in about 2 weeks :) My husband has to get the COPR in Canada and FedEx it over! I'm so excited to go back and see him after so long.. and go back to work!!!!!!!
Thank you to everyone on this forum, it really is an absolute God send, I don't know what I would have done without everyones advice and support!!
:D ;D :D ;D

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Sweden said:
seems like you're on your way too! hope it turns into DM very soon! do you have any address in the window or just the window now? fingers crossed!
Have the address in the window, but no postcode or anything, just city, province and country! I dont want to get too excited, just in case... but still, cant stop smiling :D

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
sfeire said:
Thanks for the congrats everyone! Its still sinking in, I still can't believe its finally happened! Sweden, you were right as always ;D
Dawlphin_17 - You will hear next week then!! From mine and Swedens experience things happen once your home address is added! Fingers crossed for you!
So I've been in Ireland 4 weeks now, was due to return on Thursday last but pushed out my flight. I'm hoping to be able to return to Canada and land in about 2 weeks :) My husband has to get the COPR in Canada and FedEx it over! I'm so excited to go back and see him after so long.. and go back to work!!!!!!!
Thank you to everyone on this forum, it really is an absolute God send, I don't know what I would have done without everyones advice and support!!
:D ;D :D ;D
Congratulations! You've had such a long wait, I'm so happy it's over for you! :)

I'm planning a party for when I land (by which I mean crying tears of joy into an insanely expensive bottle of Scotch) and I actually ended up DREAMING about getting REFUSED! They said my application wasn't good enough. SO weird. Thankfully I don't believe dreams mean anything, but if I was superstitious I'd be freaking out so bad :p

saraeascott

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2012
File Transfer...
28/12/2012
Med's Done....
01/07/2012
Congratulations!

sfeire said:

saraeascott

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2012
File Transfer...
28/12/2012
Med's Done....
01/07/2012
What kind of questions did they ask you? My boyfriend is potentially coming over in a month to wait out the end of the application (I'm sponsoring him). I've been the one filling in the paperwork etc - so a bit worried he might get caught out on any questions!

MandyUK said:
Hi all, not been on for a while saw this post and wanted to reply, I entered Canada a year and a half ago now, my application was in process at the time, i was very honest with them at the border, dont forget they will ask you questions but they already know answers as they can see it on their screen. I showed them my return ticket and said that i intended to return to the UK if my application was not finsihed by then and she asked me if I would like 6 months, I said yes and ended up with a 1 year visitor visa. dont take things like CV's or anything that looks like your there to look for work, thats a BIG no no, as they wont believe you intend to leave. just saying that as I know someone who did that and was refused entry at the border.

Good luck everyone and hope you all get you visa's very soon :)

saraeascott

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2012
File Transfer...
28/12/2012
Med's Done....
01/07/2012
Good luck!

Dawlphin_17 said:
Have the address in the window, but no postcode or anything, just city, province and country! I dont want to get too excited, just in case... but still, cant stop smiling :D