+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pa19007

Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6 2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 5, 2013 - IN PROCESS MARCH 11
AOR Received.
Oct 17, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2012
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013 - DECISIO MADE!!
Is there a spreadsheet for September 2012 Outland? I have opened several spreadsheets but none apply...

pa19007

Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6 2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 5, 2013 - IN PROCESS MARCH 11
AOR Received.
Oct 17, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2012
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013 - DECISIO MADE!!
So I applied for my spouse and find that I can only use my credentials to check ECAS not his. Will they send ME a letter when he is approved or will they send it to my spouse address instead? we provided email addresses and the initial confirmation came to me via email no letter and not to him.

We used my sis in law address in London and are wondering if they will send it there or to me in Canada or via email?

Any idea anyone?

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
random_emotions said:
I received my COPR! It took a week from decision made to my door, I wasn't expecting the post to be so quick!
Congratulations!! I hope this means mine will come soon too :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
pa19007 said:
Is there a spreadsheet for September 2012 Outland? I have opened several spreadsheets but none apply...
Here is the thread for September 2012 applicants, post in there and ask to be added http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/september-2012-applicants-join-here-t118071.900.html there is spreadsheet for sure.
pa19007 said:
So I applied for my spouse and find that I can only use my credentials to check ECAS not his. Will they send ME a letter when he is approved or will they send it to my spouse address instead? we provided email addresses and the initial confirmation came to me via email no letter and not to him.

We used my sis in law address in London and are wondering if they will send it there or to me in Canada or via email?

Any idea anyone?
Ecas is acting up a little the last few weeks, normally you should use UCI + sponsor info, or File number (starting with F) + applicant info.
Sponsorship approval goes to the sponsor (email or letter), then the communication (if any) goes out to the applicant. But London doesn't tell you anything about being approved etc - you will hear from them if they require more info, or some extra documents. If they don't need anything, you will one day see "decision made" on ecas ( the PR application part), and that's it - if you're visa-exempt, you will get the COPR by post to the address you indicated in your application. It goes to the mailing address that you see on ecas ( and that you indicated), but you can change that by sending a case-specific enquiry asking them to change the mailing address to somewhere else if needed.
If you're from a non-visa exempt (well your husband), then he will get a passport request ( most likely via mail).
Good luck!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
michty6 said:
If the IEC has opened does this mean that London will reshuffle resources to dealing with these instead of PR applications? So our process could get a whole lot slower (if this is even possible)?
we can run bets on that one, as it's as accurate as guessing... and I don't think we will ever know the answer to that. :)

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
random_emotions said:
I received my COPR! It took a week from decision made to my door, I wasn't expecting the post to be so quick!
. Congrats!!

EMAPLE

Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-12
AOR Received.
23-07-12
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-07-12
Med's Done....
MARCH 2012
Interview........
N/A
chopsticks said:
Hi everyone,

I have not been active on the forum lately. I guess after a while you just give up cause it is the same old story every day. I am still in this waiting game for about 9 months now.

Not much of an update from me. Back in November we were asked to provide communication evidence and police clearance from 3 different countries. We sent all that in December and in January received an email from the London office that proof of communication was received and 2 out of the 3 police clearance were received. When my husband told them everything was in the same package it is not possible that you received half of the stuff, they decided that 0 out of the 3 police clearance certificates were received. According to our tracking the package was received by the London office back in December. But somehow the police clearance certificates are magically disappearing.

We strongly believe that they have all the stuff and the person replying to the email is not even looking at the package, because our status went ‘in process' in December as well. However, just to be safe and not cause further delays my husband is sending all the police certificates again.
Hope this time they can locate them!

Hi chopsticks.

I just noticed we filed on the same day 'May 23rd'...it does sound weird that some things were received and others not and all were in the same package....hmmmn.
CIC asked us for extra docs too on the 3rd of January and we sent them on the 14th of January which was signed for on the 15th however we did not get a confirmation email letting us know they received the documents. Should we be asking for one?

EMAPLE

Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-12
AOR Received.
23-07-12
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-07-12
Med's Done....
MARCH 2012
Interview........
N/A
Merveille said:
. Congrats!!
Congratulations!!!

Pray it happens quick for the rest of us. Enjoy Xx

EMAPLE

Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-12
AOR Received.
23-07-12
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-07-12
Med's Done....
MARCH 2012
Interview........
N/A
random_emotions said:
Congratulations!!! Enjoy. Xx

mickmerf1

Jan 3, 2013
Received a letter from London vo today requesting Crb (already sent) and Pr fee $490 ( already paid) what is wrong with these people ,
On a lighter note........am I closer than I thought to the grand finale...fingers crossed ;D

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
EMAPLE said:
Hi chopsticks.

I just noticed we filed on the same day 'May 23rd'...it does sound weird that some things were received and others not and all were in the same package....hmmmn.
CIC asked us for extra docs too on the 3rd of January and we sent them on the 14th of January which was signed for on the 15th however we did not get a confirmation email letting us know they received the documents. Should we be asking for one?
Hey,
Yes it is really frustrating when they give such mixed answers. Our tracking also showed that the package was received by them and they also confirmed that they got it. so not sure what they are trying to say. Just to be safe we sent the stuff again.
We emailed them to ask if the package was received and we got a reply after a month.
You can email them and ask if you are lucky you will get a reply sooner than us.
Are you also from a non visa exempt country, since you have been waiting for long as well?

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Hi,

I just wish to get some advice from the members on this thread if it is a good idea to inform the London Office about a pregnancy or not?
Would that help the application in any way or would the officer get confused with the new piece of information and not know what to do?
If anyone has been in this situation please to let know your experience thanks :)

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
chopsticks said:
Hi,

I just wish to get some advice from the members on this thread if it is a good idea to inform the London Office about a pregnancy or not?
Would that help the application in any way or would the officer get confused with the new piece of information and not know what to do?
If anyone has been in this situation please to let know your experience thanks :)
I'm not 100% sure but are you not supposed to advise them of a pregnancy anyway? Maybe other memebers will know for sure?
I think you need to notify them of any change in situation?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
It's a pretty big change in situation, so you'd best update them on it straight away! As for the impact it will have on the application, who knows? The minds' of VOs' are mysterious. I'm sure it won't hurt the situation. But yes, you'd best inform them straight away. If it's been confirmed by a doctor, I'd suggest sending them any sort of medical report confirming the pregnancy. Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
chopsticks said:
Hi,

You can notify them, and it will "serve" as an additional proof of on-going relationship etc. But you don't need to update anything in terms of forms, as the baby is not born yet. I don't know what is your situation. If the baby will be born in Canada, then he/she will be automatically Canadian, so no need to sponsor him/her too. If one of the parents is Canadian ( not PR), then the baby is Canadian as well... so should be fine.

If the baby won't get Canadian nationality at birth, then you will need to sponsor her/him later on. If the baby is born BEFORE the PR is issued, you will need to either - include him/her on the PR application so it can be issued at the same time for the baby and the parent, or just update London with a new form "additional family info" if the baby is Canadian.

It should not delay too much your file, if anything, it might avoid getting an interview.
Congrats on the pregnancy!
Sweden