+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
DGT said:
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm hoping Karma will reward me for returning a wallet I found to it's owner the other day. Being from Glasgow though, my in-built misanthropy leaves me with little hope.
There's a higher chance of someone handing it in here as opposed to Glasgow. Plus with it being such a lovely day the snow has melted and lots of people out and about to spot a passport.

Were you on the path? If so I think there's a Path lost property...

S.

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
TTC also have a lost property department if you were using them... Good luck!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
I know the exact little stretch of street that I dropped it. It was at College and Spadina and I retraced my steps straight away. So I know it has definitely been picked up by someone! Hopefully it's a good someone. Of all the countries in the world, I'm sure Canada is the most likely to return it to me. The friendliness and generosity of the people here has genuinely take me aback in all the 7 years of travelling here periodically.

Thanks guys!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
DGT said:
I know the exact little stretch of street that I dropped it. It was at College and Spadina and I retraced my steps straight away. So I know it has definitely been picked up by someone! Hopefully it's a good someone. Of all the countries in the world, I'm sure Canada is the most likely to return it to me. The friendliness and generosity of the people here has genuinely take me aback in all the 7 years of travelling here periodically.

Thanks guys!
Fingers crossed you get it back!!!

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hope you guys like this (no offense intended)

Definition of a Canadian ...........................

A Canadian can be English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. A Canadian can be Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, Arab, Pakistani or Afghan.A Canadian may also be a Cree, Metis, Mohawk, Blackfoot, Sioux, or one of the many other tribes known as native Canadians.

A Canadian's religious beliefs range from Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu or none. The key difference is that in Canada they are free to worship as each of them chooses. Whether they have a religion or no religion.

A Canadian lives in one of the most prosperous lands in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms which recognize the right of each person to the pursuit of freedom and happiness.

A Canadian is generous and Canadians have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

Canadians welcome the best of everything, the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services and the best minds.But they also welcome the least - the oppressed, the outcast and the rejected.These are the people who built Canada .

Canadians are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, can be a Canadian.

:) :) :) :)

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
That is one hell of a good summing up of Canada!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
qtazngal said:
Canadians are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, can be a Canadian.

:) :) :) :)
I wish that this was the only requirement :p

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Sweden said:
Hey there!
Was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were doing in Canada! glad to hear that you settled in well, and you found a job - that's great, congratulations!
Sorry to hear about the COPR - I was sure that it was done by now.... seems like London is being extra difficult with everybody these last few weeks, everybody who had to deal with them directly (and we can add the ones that are waiting for "no good reasons"!) have been very frustrated and angry... hope that they're happy with the next set of fingerprints and the COPR comes through very soon!
Good luck,
Sweden
Thanks Sweden, have you settled into Victoria and found a place and work? Just frustrating as they seem to only check spousal sponsorship emails in London on one day every month, im guessing this is to accomodate all the other different types of visas and sponsorships for immigrating to Canada...also frustrating that they mentioned that we have 2 months and if they dont recieve the requested documents the case will be thrown out?! It has been over a month since I re submitted the documents and it will be another month til I hear back again! So the question now is do we wait and see or go to RCMP once again and pay and re-submit fingerprints if they did get lost in the post??? Good luck to everyone else waiting!!

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Sweden, would you put me as in process on Feb 7th on the spreadsheet? I had put it in prior to the 'lockdown' and miss seeing it there :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Dawlphin_17 said:
Sweden, would you put me as in process on Feb 7th on the spreadsheet? I had put it in prior to the 'lockdown' and miss seeing it there :D
I will as soon as I have access to it - for now it's locked for everybody. I have asked the owner to add a few people that asked for it, and we can proceed on the updates as soon as it's available again. At least no wiping out of the information that way!
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hubby sent an email on Monday and got this reply today..

Hello,

Your file was screened on 2012/02/01 and is in a queue to be reviewed by an officer. For average processing times, please see the following web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

We will be in touch with your appointed representative if, once your file is reviewed, further information is required.

Sincerely,

ARS

Safe to say the lawyer was saying "in process" based on the fact its in London.. Obviously not in process at the moment. I don't know what to make of this. That was two weeks ago now and it may be reviewed tomorrow or it could sit there for weeks still.

At least someone's looked at it..

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sfeire said:
Hubby sent an email on Monday and got this reply today..

Hello,

Your file was screened on 2012/02/01 and is in a queue to be reviewed by an officer. For average processing times, please see the following web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

We will be in touch with your appointed representative if, once your file is reviewed, further information is required.

Sincerely,

ARS

Safe to say the lawyer was saying "in process" based on the fact its in London.. Obviously not in process at the moment. I don't know what to make of this. That was two weeks ago now and it may be reviewed tomorrow or it could sit there for weeks still.

At least someone's looked at it..
well it's good to know that they have indeed looked at it, and it's not a "standard answer" as they know that you have a representative, and your file has been opened. Since they didn't request anything at that point, most likely it's for final review. Maybe the fact that there was the "not common law before married" part takes a little more time.
Hang in there!
Sweden

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
DGT said:
So. Today has not gone well. I went to get my medical done, but somehow along the way I lost my passport. So no medical, no passport for 6 weeks and $250 for to get a replacement from the consulate, as well as untold delays in my visa because I can't do the medical AND because my new passport will not be the same as the one I applied on.

That is, unless some good citizen of TO hands in my passport to the Police.
. I feel so sorry for you..i hope that you get the new passport fast or even better that you find the old one...i have lost many things and there have always been someone who handed it in somewhere..call Arondagen to check..hopefully this wont delay your application! Good luck!

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
DGT said:

Thanks guys!
I'd imagine it will get handed in unless it's disappeared out of sight. People know the importance of a passport (plus it has no value to anyone finding it).

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sweden said:
well it's good to know that they have indeed looked at it, and it's not a "standard answer" as they know that you have a representative, and your file has been opened. Since they didn't request anything at that point, most likely it's for final review. Maybe the fact that there was the "not common law before married" part takes a little more time.
Hang in there!
Sweden
I agree! Even though it was the sponsorship that depended on the argument by the lawyer, it is probably going to take a little longer to review! She wrote a huge letter and included a lot of additional documents!
Hopefully it's soon :)

Thanks Sweden. And as you were saying yesterday about the spreadsheet and you moving on, that will be a huge loss but we all will need to move on and forget this process at some stage! :D