+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
qtazngal said:
I am shocked, totally shocked. VO London replied to me today and the reason that my file is on hold is according to them, they requested information from me since Dec 17, 2012 the date the application was in progress (according to ECAS). I swear, I have never seen that request. It looks like both of us are waiting on each other for information. UNBELIEVABLE :mad: I could SCREAMMMM!!!!!!! :mad:

If I've seen that request, I would have acted straight away but now 2 months later OMG I could scream at them. Oh I am very angry :mad: .
Ahhh tough news!! hang in there...

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
DGT said:
Ah! What a pain for you michty. Was it yourself that had to fill out the complete travel history? The one that is normally just for applicants going through Paris? I really hope I don't have to do one of those. It would end up taking forever!
Someone else (on here I think) said they had been requested to produce this form by London as well. The info was the travel history for both me and my partner. And it is indeed the one that is only required for applicants going through Paris, so I don't know why they say this and then ask for it anyway! Seems kind of stupid if you're going to be requesting it from some people anyway. Ah well.

Also I had already sent them copies of all my and my partner's passport stamps as part of my application anyway - since we had travelled together I figured this was part of my proof of a genuine relationship. So they already had the info they were looking for anyway. Sigh.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
michty6 said:
Someone else (on here I think) said they had been requested to produce this form by London as well. The info was the travel history for both me and my partner. And it is indeed the one that is only required for applicants going through Paris, so I don't know why they say this and then ask for it anyway! Seems kind of stupid if you're going to be requesting it from some people anyway. Ah well.

Also I had already sent them copies of all my and my partner's passport stamps as part of my application anyway - since we had travelled together I figured this was part of my proof of a genuine relationship. So they already had the info they were looking for anyway. Sigh.
Sheesh. What a nightmare. I'm hoping that we don't have the same issue with our application. We've been married for 3 years now and together for 7 so hopefully they have enough information on the relationship without digging out all the holidays and family visits (I have family on all 6 inhabited continents!).

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
michty6 said:

I had it requested as well, although I was under the impression it was only for the person being sponsored it was required!!!!!! Did they specifically ask for both of you?

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
DGT - sounds like there is a chance you will be asked for it too if you'll travelled a lot with the missus!

Dawlphin - they didn't request it specifically for both of us but I was a little unsure what they were looking for since they said to include your 'family members' and had a section for your partners travels. So to be on the safe side I included all her and my travels for the last 10 years... Figured that with CIC it's always better to be safe than sorry!

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
michty6 said:
DGT - sounds like there is a chance you will be asked for it too if you'll travelled a lot with the missus!

Dawlphin - they didn't request it specifically for both of us but I was a little unsure what they were looking for since they said to include your 'family members' and had a section for your partners travels. So to be on the safe side I included all her and my travels for the last 10 years... Figured that with CIC it's always better to be safe than sorry!
Hmm.. your probably right about better safe then sorry, i just couldn't understand why they would require the sponsors (Canadian citizen) travel history... as you said, they already had photocopies of all my passport pages anyways... mysterious CIC... anyways, I've sent a email asking them to confirm what they actually needed... and the wait continues...

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dawlphin_17 said:
and the wait continues...
Yup. I might be going into the US this weekend for the family day weekend. Would be cool if I could re-enter Canada as a PR but I'm not going to be holding my breath, I have been in 'any day now' mode for over months :(

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
Dawlphin_17 said:
Hmm.. your probably right about better safe then sorry, i just couldn't understand why they would require the sponsors (Canadian citizen) travel history... as you said, they already had photocopies of all my passport pages anyways... mysterious CIC... anyways, I've sent a email asking them to confirm what they actually needed... and the wait continues...

Hi michty6.

Just wondering if you sent just copies of your stamped passport pages or your partner's as well? - it only asks for "your sponsor's" passport pages. - I suppose it is better to be safe than sorry and send them anyway, if you or others can confirm what you did for this, that'd be great!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
scottishmaple said:
Great News

After a few of the applications which received COPR this week, I'm a little more convinced that they are dealing with applications based on when they were received and not by sponsorship approval dates...
I sooooo hope this is true!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Actually, can the people who have had problems with ecas let me know if they were sent to this page:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

or a different one? When I try to log in I get to this page. Is that what everyone else experienced?

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
rebecassss said:
Actually, can the people who have had problems with ecas let me know if they were sent to this page:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

or a different one? When I try to log in I get to this page. Is that what everyone else experienced?
yep.

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Ok, thought for sure by now my husband would have recieved COPR...its been over 10 months since we first applied outland from Ireland. We have since moved to Canada on Dec 12 to wait out the rest of the processing time. We had to re-submit some documents, including police check and fingerprints from Canada since he lived here previously so that put a delay on things but now this morning we got a message from London office saying Thank you for your recent e-mail.

You were advised on January 21st 2013 that the RCMP police check was not complete correctly. Please follow the instructions on the website below.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

we did obviously so wtf???^%&^%&^T% so sick and tired of dealing with CIC...On a happy note, we have settled into our new place and I have found a job that I love, if only now our process can hurry up and be finished so my husband can finally "land" and start working too!!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
kaede1977 said:
Ok, thought for sure by now my husband would have recieved COPR...its been over 10 months since we first applied outland from Ireland. We have since moved to Canada on Dec 12 to wait out the rest of the processing time. We had to re-submit some documents, including police check and fingerprints from Canada since he lived here previously so that put a delay on things but now this morning we got a message from London office saying Thank you for your recent e-mail.

You were advised on January 21st 2013 that the RCMP police check was not complete correctly. Please follow the instructions on the website below.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

we did obviously so wtf???^%&^%&^T% so sick and tired of dealing with CIC...On a happy note, we have settled into our new place and I have found a job that I love, if only now our process can hurry up and be finished so my husband can finally "land" and start working too!!!
Hey there!
Was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were doing in Canada! glad to hear that you settled in well, and you found a job - that's great, congratulations!
Sorry to hear about the COPR - I was sure that it was done by now.... seems like London is being extra difficult with everybody these last few weeks, everybody who had to deal with them directly (and we can add the ones that are waiting for "no good reasons"!) have been very frustrated and angry... hope that they're happy with the next set of fingerprints and the COPR comes through very soon!
Good luck,
Sweden

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I waived bye to my husband at the bus station yesterday :( he's currently on a plane to Calgary to spend a night in Banff (where we met) then off to Kelowna to find us a flat and him a job. So wish we had got to go together! I applied in October, hoping that I have COPR by may 1st as that seems to be the first date for flights direct from Glasgow.
This forum has helped me so much, but I read things and worry so much that I have missed things from our application. We've been married almost 3 years and together for 7. I really look forward to the day this is over!
I've sent an email to London as they had my address wrong and also asked if I would need a new medical done as my current one is up on march 24th. Should I let them know my husband is now in Canada? Hope they reply to me soon and don't make me wait the 28 days!

dakar23

Jul 26, 2012
Hi All, i had interview today and interviewer said he is satisfied, now i have to wait for next step.

Do you think is there any chance they can reject the application later?

Regards