+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
Called CIC to check on the progress of my application (hadn't heard a peep since it arrived on Nov 20th) and they said it was in progress.

An hour later - email through from OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca confirming Stage 1 approval!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
rpurdie said:
Called CIC to check on the progress of my application (hadn't heard a peep since it arrived on Nov 20th) and they said it was in progress.

An hour later - email through from OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca confirming Stage 1 approval!
Weird! I wonder if they forgot to send you the email? Lets hope that it's that, and not that they just forgot your application entirely!

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
m_and_m said:
Hello everyone!
I have a question for those of you who are in Canada waiting for your PR. What did you say at the border? Did you say you're visiting your spouse/partner? For how long (if you were planning on staying for 6 months or maybe even more with the extension)? I think the customs form asks how many days you're staying in Canada. What did you put there? Did you have a return ticket? Did everything go well?

I am, as you might guess, thinking about the possibility of visiting my husband during the process. I've read a lot about this and I know no one can know for sure if they'd let me enter or not. If I try to go there for a longer period I would not have a job or a lease, so I don't know if they'd believe me that I would not do anything illegal and that I'd leave when I have to. If we decide to try this my husband would probably be there with me. (I am from a visa exempt country.)
Hi!
When my hubby came over, he came through Stanfield (Halifax). He had a return ticket and told the Border Agent that he was visiting family/friends in NB and QC. They asked what relation and how long (uncle and university friends and for the length of his return ticket) and he was fine. He didn't even mention me (we were engaged at the time) at all. I think the key is not to give more information than you're asked (which can definitely be hard if you're a big talker! :) ).

Best of luck!
Kate

Lakwa

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
20-02-2012
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2013
Trying to use ECAS online but it seems down. Anybody having problems still?

May 17, 2012
I just logged on this morning and a decision has been made! I won't fully believe this until I actually have the paperwork in my hand. Good luck to everyone still waiting, this forum has been very helpful and kept me positive throughout this process.

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
random_emotions said:
I just logged on this morning and a decision has been made! I won't fully believe this until I actually have the paperwork in my hand. Good luck to everyone still waiting, this forum has been very helpful and kept me positive throughout this process.
Great news! :) Hope they get it in the mail for you pronto!

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
random_emotions said:
Great news. Congrats. I still can't get into Ecas but glad some can and get good news!

S.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
random_emotions said:
Awesome news! Go London! Faster!

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
sarah2012 said:
I think we might have a few who are around one year waiting. I was waiting 11 months. I logged into e-cas today and had no problems with it - I've got decision made and have received COPR two weeks ago. If I were you, I would email them again because over one year is too long to wait; unless you had to send in further documents and the medicals had to be extended. Even so, it is a long time. Anyway, hope you hear something soon! Good luck :)
Hi

No further documents requested or medical had to be extended. Getting very stress and upset with this. :( :'(

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
qtazngal said:
Hi
Just want to ask, anybody in this forum is waiting more than a year? I am still waiting from VO for an answer is its now a little more than a year now and still nothing. ECAS is not working for me also (7 days now.) :(
Oh I think interview is exempted.
I feel your frustration. Even though your sponsorship took longer than normal, your processing time in London is within normal processing. I just hope that they don't take the longer end of the time scale to process your application in London, but I can't see that they would unless you have traveled a lot or they require more information.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
random_emotions said:

Thats great news. Congrats.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
michty6 said:
qtzngal - a year is a very very long time and judging by the spreadsheet (which is the only sample we have) super rare for a visa-exempt application - are you non-visa exempt?

EDIT: Also your sponsor approval took a very long time, was there problems with it?
Hi mitchty6

I am a Canadian but my husband is British. My approval took very long dont know why. They did not contact me to inform me of any problem/s.

Looks like more waiting for me. I soo happy for the rest of you who got their dream come true.

As for me :'( :'(

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
random_emotions said:
Congratulations!!! We have a similar timeline(ignoring my extra long sponsorship approval time) so hopefully I will get a DM soon!!

So I still can't log into ECAS - should I just [get my parents to] keep an eye out for a COPR being mailed to me? I guess ECAS makes no difference on when they actually send out the COPR and just lets you know when you should be expecting it?
How long do you think until I should get in contact with them if no COPR arrives and I still can't log into ECAS? I am ok with being patient for the moment, but when I see people with similar timelines it makes me eager/anxious that ours is coming up!! (We have been 'in process' since Jan 24).

Thanks for any advice/thoughts/input :D

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
qtazngal said:
Hi mitchty6

I am a Canadian but my husband is British. My approval took very long dont know why. They did not contact me to inform me of any problem/s.

Looks like more waiting for me. I soo happy for the rest of you who got their dream come true.

As for me :'( :'(
If I was in your shoes I would call/send an email to see if there's anything else they need for your application as you haven't seemed to have heard from them. I feel like 2 1/2 months to wait for a DM after going 'in process' is a long time to wait without hearing anything...

KBJ

Jan 24, 2013
Website Last updated date was still Dec 2012!

Hello

I wonder how come they are updating the application status without updating the website page date. I am checking this services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/viewcasestatus.do?app= for my application status.

Is there any other tool for checking the application status?

Regards
KBJ