+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sfeire said:
I knew you would know Sweden. Thank you for putting my mind at rest. I am excited for the first time in a long time!
I've emailed our lawyer to triple check too! ;D
You have applied outland, and you're from a visa-exempt country, so you could be anywhere in the world, there is no obligation for you to be in Canada to wait for the COPR, especially if you have a husband and a representative to wait for the COPR to arrive! :)
Most likely - as soon as you book your ticket to Ireland, you'll get a DM on ecas, so it will make your trip feel like an even more enjoyable experience! :)

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
sfeire said:
Hi guys,

So I just need a bit of advice. I had planned to take a short trip home to Ireland and come back and land as PR after I receive my COPR here in Canada.
I'm currently on a visitors visa and haven't been working since June so I'm basically sitting around waiting for my PR to come through.

I have thought seriously about heading home now and waiting out the PR process back in Ireland which would mean that I would get to spend some quality time with my friends and family, some of whom I haven't seen in over a year. This means I could be there for 2/3/4+ weeks. I would book a one way to Ireland and then book a one way back to Canada to land as a PR and go back to work. The COPR would come to my lawyers office here in Ottawa and my hubby would then FED-EX it to me in Ireland overnight or whatever. (I don't want to go changing my mailing address now and because we have a representitive I don't want to complicate anything at this stage).

I can't see any reason why I couldn't do this, it wouldn't effect my application in anyway and sure it's just like I'm going on holiday. I just would rather spend this time visiting family and distracting myself than driving myself crazy here not working and not doing much.

Surely there wouldn't be a problem with me doing this?
Hey yes, this is exactly what I did. I couldn't wait around any more in Canada when I could be potentially working/studying/family home renovating/or dare I say it, on the dole, in Ireland. Take this time to be with family and friends. It will likely be the longest holiday you'll have in Ireland for the next few years, because you will be so busy with work in Canada after you receive COPR. I changed my address to Ireland so I'd get my COPR sent here. You can do that if you prefer. I did that by emailing London informing them of my old and new address, and included the following info so they could amend my address on my application: my Client ID number, type of visa, name of sponsor, my date of birth and my nationality. Enjoy spending some time at home for change!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
sarah2012 said:
Hey yes, this is exactly what I did. I couldn't wait around any more in Canada when I could be potentially working/studying/family home renovating/or dare I say it, on the dole, in Ireland. Take this time to be with family and friends. It will likely be the longest holiday you'll have in Ireland for the next few years, because you will be so busy with work in Canada after you receive COPR. I changed my address to Ireland so I'd get my COPR sent here. You can do that if you prefer. I did that by emailing London informing them of my old and new address, and included the following info so they could amend my address on my application: my Client ID number, type of visa, name of sponsor, my date of birth and my nationality. Enjoy spending some time at home for change!
Brilliant! I've really had enough of waiting and not knowing when I can go home so we just thought about this today and said why not? I was pretty sure it would be ok but just wanted to check! Booking my flight to fly out Sunday once I speak to the lawyer. Cant wait. This will make the wait a bit easier for me ;D

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Grizzlybear, your interview is today, isn't it (the 31st)? All the best and I hope you get a great officer!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Sweden said:
You have applied outland, and you're from a visa-exempt country, so you could be anywhere in the world, there is no obligation for you to be in Canada to wait for the COPR, especially if you have a husband and a representative to wait for the COPR to arrive! :)
Most likely - as soon as you book your ticket to Ireland, you'll get a DM on ecas, so it will make your trip feel like an even more enjoyable experience! :)
Haha ;D I did have that thought! Knowing I'm going home I don't mind having to wait another few weeks now!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Sweden said:
How many stages - well there is officially only stage 1 ( Mississauga) and stage 2 (in London for you) - and you might not get any information during the London process... quite a few people go from "Application received" to "decision made" without communication from London, and just get the COPR in the post one day...
Good luck!
Sweden
Thanks Sweden, you seem to be a fountain of knowledge on the visa front! If you don't mind, and anyone can answer this, what is the situation with visa exempt countries? is there any advantage to this at all?

I have only been in the process for 3 months, and the UK has my file so I guess then it is just a waiting game. Which when you're unemployed and a tourist, it is very hard. Still, Vancouver is a great place to while away the time. I have 3 bottles of Veuve Cliquot in my basement ready to be opened as and when I get accepted!

Cheers again!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
davidmarsden38 said:
Thanks Sweden, you seem to be a fountain of knowledge on the visa front! If you don't mind, and anyone can answer this, what is the situation with visa exempt countries? is there any advantage to this at all?

I have only been in the process for 3 months, and the UK has my file so I guess then it is just a waiting game. Which when you're unemployed and a tourist, it is very hard. Still, Vancouver is a great place to while away the time. I have 3 bottles of Veuve Cliquot in my basement ready to be opened as and when I get accepted!

Cheers again!
well - the main advantage is that because you're from a visa-exempt, you can actually be in Canada with your spouse while waiting for the process to finish... most non-visa-exempt with Canadian spouses are denied visitors visas as soon as they are married to a Canadian, as CIC is afraid that they will either overstay ( not much sense if they get their PR...), or not leave if they are denied. So most couple have to wait either together out of Canada, or separated. The process becomes much harder when you're apart.

Also - visa-exempt usually means that you're from a country which living standards are equivalent to Canada, so CIC is less suspicious of the applicant trying to get entry to Canada by marrying a Canadian. Backgrounds checks are quicker also (because information is more readily available and easier to access most of the time).

If you look at the spreadsheet for London, you'll see that anybody who is from a non-visa-exempt country (it's stated in the last column) waits longer, and more often than not, has to go for an interview. it delays the process further...

I can relate to the "unemployed and a tourist" - I did that for a few weeks in Victoria, BC! it's a great place, but I was happy to get my PR - now I can be a PR and unemployed! :)

Cheers,
Sweden

Grizzlybear

Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Interview........
05-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013
blueboom said:
Grizzlybear, your interview is today, isn't it (the 31st)? All the best and I hope you get a great officer!
Thanks blueboom!

tommyboy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have an idea when the London VO will start working on applications received in July and transferred to London in early October?

Much obliged. :D

p.s. tired of waiting(pulling hair out)

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
sctv said:
Thanks for the nice welcome! Nice to know someone is in a similar situation as us. Married to a Caper! Some good oysters out that way. I'm trying to figure out if this is a good time of year or a slow time to apply? We are in that frustrating situation of trying to time the selling of our house with getting the status and moving to Canada. We just cant tell if it's going to be two months or a year! I wish there was more detail available.
My Mrs and I are hoping to move to Halifax when I get approved. I am from Northern Ireland, I have lived in Italy and, accordingly, had some of the best seafood. But, Nova Scotia, I think, is tops or there about, for seafood. Especially Digby scallops in garlic butter.

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
sfeire said:
Brilliant! I've really had enough of waiting and not knowing when I can go home so we just thought about this today and said why not? I was pretty sure it would be ok but just wanted to check! Booking my flight to fly out Sunday once I speak to the lawyer. Cant wait. This will make the wait a bit easier for me ;D
Sounds like a good idea. I live in England but I intend spending a bit of time in Northern Ireland before I go to Canada... daresay I will pop over the border to Galway and Connemara as well.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Sniprat said:
My Mrs and I are hoping to move to Halifax when I get approved. I am from Northern Ireland, I have lived in Italy and, accordingly, had some of the best seafood. But, Nova Scotia, I think, is tops or there about, for seafood. Especially Digby scallops in garlic butter.
DIGBY SCALLOPS! HELL YES! They are phenomenal. Halifax is an awesome town, and I wish you all the best there when the approval comes your way! If you ever go up to Pictou County in the summer time, go to Murphy's Fish and Chips on the Esplanade. It's my father in law's restaurant and it's the best Fish and Chips in the world. Fact. And he does Digby Scallops fresh from the sea!

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
davidmarsden38 said:
Thank you DGT!

I submitted my application on the 07th November 2012, and my husband has recently been approved to sponsor me as of the 16th January.

Then last week, my medical results were received and my file was transferred to London.

It is all very exciting, just not sure how many other stages I have to go through.

It is great to see other people's process/ progress too.

Cheers!
I'm watching yours with interest David as my application arrived in Canada 12 days after yours, but I am still waiting on stage 1 approval 15 days and counting after you !

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
how does one normally hear about Stage 1 from Miss. - is it email or snail mail?

and isn't it frustrating that the weekly processing time stats aren't updated promptly!?!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
rpurdie said:
how does one normally hear about Stage 1 from Miss. - is it email or snail mail?

and isn't it frustrating that the weekly processing time stats aren't updated promptly!?!
We got our stage one by email :)