+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

srehal

May 31, 2012
dakar23 said:
Sweden said:
Hey dakar23,

Good to hear that you have an interview date, as you say, it's better to know already now when to do. And 3 weeks gives you a reasonable amount of time to gather proofs. I don't know what the VO told you about the interview, but it seems that they want to see that you are still together with your sponsor. So what you need to prepare for the interview is proofs that you have kept in contact with your sponsor, and anything new happening with your relationship. Did you discuss (over email, chat etc) what will happen when you come to Canada, where you will live, etc? then get proofs of that. The VO wants to see that you and your sponsor are in regular contact, and that you are still in an "active" relationship. I don't know when you have applied, and I suppose you are married ? have you discussed anything new ( regarding children, possible jobs etc ) - then bring proofs. The VO wants to see that you are still a couple, and still committed to each other.

On this forum there is a list of questions you may be asked at an interview, so maybe it would be useful for you to prepare. In general, just be aware of all informatione from your sponsor (current job, past job, family members, etc), and you'll be OK.

Good luck,
Sweden
[THanks for your advice, i did apply on 4th april and sponsorship aproved on 10th july. We are married and my husband is sponsor.

I am still confused what they want actually by proof of development of relaionship. I was thinking about all the proof that we have about our relationship like email before marriage, marriage picture . Marriage certificate.

But proof for continue contract is easy and clear .

What do you think sweden?

Srehal, when is your interview mine is at 1pm. If yiu share what documnet they ask to take with you.

Regards
Hey Dakar23,

I found out about my interview through ecas, all it says is that my husbands interview is scheduled for Feb 13, 2013, no time is given. He's expecting a letter soon to show details of the date and time. Did you receive a letter for the interview? Also, at this point is your file in process or application received. Also are you a british national?

Take Care,
Sonia

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
sfeire said:
I know! I had a dream I took a drive down to some office and some lovely ladies just gave me my residency! Was as easy as a trip to the supermarket haha.. Very disappointing waking up!
At least in your dream you got you residency, mine I had a recurring nightmare that I was trying to get to a destination but I end up getting lost, or challenges in my way, basically I cannot reach my destination. Bad isn't it?

dakar23

Jul 26, 2012
srehal said:
Hey Dakar23,

I found out about my interview through ecas, all it says is that my husbands interview is scheduled for Feb 13, 2013, no time is given. He's expecting a letter soon to show details of the date and time. Did you receive a letter for the interview? Also, at this point is your file in process or application received. Also are you a british national?

Take Care,
Sonia
[Hi , I got an email from London VO Last Friday saying interview date and time. They just said it was decided by interview officer to have an personal interview. And told me to bring proof of continuous relationship and development of relationship. My application is still saying application received. What about you? I think you should Email london vo asking your interview time and list of required documents to send in your personal email. they will surly do that. I am non visa exempt applicant. ]

dakar23

Jul 26, 2012
Thanks for your advise Sweden, I did talk to him about my future career via Skype. As well as we did talk about our new flat for future but i have no proof but skype call log. We met once when we went somewhere to celebrate our anniversary. And we have picture and travel document for that. Do you think those will enough?

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
On the subject of how London is dealing with things... I know my file was already assigned to a particular VO (I sent them an email asking when my file got to London and they sent me their internal emails to each other by accident along with the standard "your file will be processed" form email...

When do they get assigned? Is it right away or is it after it has arrived and has been sitting around for a while?

Because this would change my view on how they process them... My application was sent in September, but didn't get sp. approval until December because we missed ONE signature (yes, thinking about that still burns me up lol) so I was wondering if maybe they'd sent us to be processed with the rest of the September people rather than the December people.

I think that makes sense lol

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey everyone!

So my partner got an email requesting a police certificate for France, he only spent 5 months there many years ago. Anyways, apparently you can apply online but the entire website is in French and neither of us speak French ::). Just wondering if anyone else on here applied online and could tell us how to do it? Or any French speakers? lol

Thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
dakar23 said:
Thanks for your advise Sweden, I did talk to him about my future career via Skype. As well as we did talk about our new flat for future but i have no proof but skype call log. We met once when we went somewhere to celebrate our anniversary. And we have picture and travel document for that. Do you think those will enough?
I don't know if it will be enough, but it's a good proof to bring for the interview for sure, as it's important to show them that your relationship is still on going and you are making efforts to spend important times together ( such as anniversary etc). Bring the skype logs to show how often you are talking, and any other proofs you have. Good luck for the interview!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
canuck_in_uk said:
Hey everyone!

So my partner got an email requesting a police certificate for France, he only spent 5 months there many years ago. Anyways, apparently you can apply online but the entire website is in French and neither of us speak French ::). Just wondering if anyone else on here applied online and could tell us how to do it? Or any French speakers? lol

Thanks
Sure! :) I'll send you a private message with more instructions

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
These interviews with three-week notification times are getting me nervous. My husband will be leaving the UK in March due to his work visa expiring, and if he should be requested for an interview, I'm not sure he can get a visitor's visa to the UK in less than a month. ???

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
SaMoS said:
Hmmm....Tuesday comes and goes and no In process or DM updates from anyone...Slooooowwwwwwww

S.
I cannot believe how it has gone from so much activity for a couple of weeks to absolutely nothing for the past few... Makes no sense at all.

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
blueboom said:
These interviews with three-week notification times are getting me nervous. My husband will be leaving the UK in March due to his work visa expiring, and if he should be requested for an interview, I'm not sure he can get a visitor's visa to the UK in less than a month. ???
I'm sure if it was possible you would have applied earlier but if your husband is non visa exempt than it would take about 10-12 months looking at the example of others that have gone through the process. Lets hope the interview is waived!

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
sfeire said:
I was just examining the spreadsheet trying to make some sense of what London are at in my mind. On doing so I think that they seem to be working differently than we thought (now, this is only my thinking and may not be correct!).
When I look at the spreadsheet and the people that seem to be in process at the moment or those who have recently recieved DM&COPR, it looks to me like they are working on applications based on the date(month) they were received in Mississauga (the date shown on ecas). So at the moment they look to be processing June applicants (with exception of non-visa exempt & some ppl who had to send additional documents)? Looking at antz21 whose file was received in June but not sent to London until Oct and they are now in process, this may be correct?

Just a thought??? I may be completely incorrect and is obviously not the same in every case.

I'm a little anxious.. my ecas still just says Application Received even though our lawyer confirmed our application is In Process?? I just want to see Decision Made :-[
I was wishing they were going through by application date rather than sponsorship date but it does seem to toss and turn between one and the other! I just assumed they all have a big pile of applications on their desk and when they get to ours they get to it, I was guesstimating waiting another 4-8 weeks before I heard anything though, so I guess I was just lucky. It puts up back ahead of the game a little bit - with our initial setback on the 1st stage we were cutting it close with hoping to be approved and my new job starting in June (obviously as long as everything is OK'd). At least now there is a bit of breathing space if they ask for anything extra.

My ECAS was updated on a Monday (I think although I am on EST, so it could have been early Tuesday morning GMT... who knows).

Now I have to start researching what to do with the landing process - I am trying not to get too ahead of myself but I want to be prepared!

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
Sweden said:
Hey NevilleUK,

There is a thread on B4 forms here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/b4b4a-t129820.0.html maybe it will help.
I think the E at the end of B4 stands for "english", so that should be the same!
Good luck,
Sweden
Ah, I see. I had an inkling that that's what the ''E" stood for, but I wanted to be sure. It would be terrible to land with the incorrect forms filled out :(

Many thanks for the link to a previous thread regarding these forms. I'll have a good look through them. They seem to be full of useful info.

Thanks Sweden :)

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
COPR IN THE POST TODAY
Oh my goodness! Okay here's the story, my e-cas moved to 'Decision Made' on the 14th January. After my medicals were extended (some time after this), it was sent to me. I got it today by registered post, meaning it required a signature. The COPR says the issue date was the 11th of January.
What was in the envelope?
Answer -
1. My COPR which is one page with all of details, my photo, sponsor's details, etc.
2. A six page letter stating what happens next, plus the date I must land by (five months from now), general information about provincial healthcare, employment in Canada, what I can bring to Canada via a website link to Customs Canada, the interview and landing process and a few other things.
3. My receipt of the Permanent Residence fee that I paid for, just before I sent off my visa back in February 2012.
4. And this is probably just me - A copy of my visitor visa I had a few years ago - I don't know why! I've had other visas over the years for Canada!

So there it is! I've got my COPR, I'll look at flights now and decide when to go. I'm happy and sad and every emotion all wrapped into one! It's a great feeling though! This has been in the works for 11 months or so, not to mention the year or so beforehand collecting information and evidence.
All I can say is, it is very tough, stressful, annoying, wonderful, amazing and honestly just splendid. Good luck to everyone. I will be online every so often to answer any questions. Thanks all. It's only 3.30pm, I think I'll have celebratory drink though! :p