+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
nmford said:
Since I was told I would hear back mid-jan... 1 - 1.5 weeks now eh?
Fingers crossed ecas changes into DM, and that's the end of the process for you!
Good luck,
Sweden

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Update:

ACRO sent my new police report to the high commission on Dec 21. I emailed London last week to find out if they had received it and today they replied with this:

Good afternoon,

I can confirm that the certificate was received. We will be in contact when there have been further developments with the processing of your file.

Regards,
CDD

Now, please just HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bonitanita said:
Update:

ACRO sent my new police report to the high commission on Dec 21. I emailed London last week to find out if they had received it and today they replied with this:

Good afternoon,

I can confirm that the certificate was received. We will be in contact when there have been further developments with the processing of your file.

Regards,
CDD

Now, please just HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!
Was thinking about your case today! :) now they have everything and they should be back from holidays, time to issue your PR! :) then you'll have to wait a week/10 days to get it in the mail, and then it's the end of the waiting game ( for immigration.... the whole getting a job issue is another one where patience is required!).
Fingers crossed for you!
Sweden

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Anyone thats landed already...

How specific do I need to be when listing whats in my suitcases (not shipping anything, just 2 suitcases each)
I have no idea what to write. It's just clothing, shoes, make-up, hair brushes/product, underwear, blankets etc.
looking at the b4 it really doesn't seem relevant to me, and it says to type up a list of what you are bringing

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
A question on medicals... on the CIC website it says:

"Medical Examination Instructions
Instructions on how to take the medical examination will normally be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office".

I was going to submit my application and wait until called for a medical except I see from nearly everyone on the forum that medicals should be submitted with the application (certainly all the timelines indicate such is the case).

I e-mailed CIC who gave the following response:

"Thank you for your enquiry,

Medicals are not compulsory for a family class application when you first apply, however it is advise that if you can provide them in your initial application then please do so, as it does help the process move along more efficiently
".

Seems clear that either way is fine so I e-mailed a panel doctor in Edinburgh who has twice now given me the following:

"You must have lodged your visa application with the Canadian High commission in London, before we can book in an appointment for your medical.

Once you have lodged your visa, the Canadian High Commission will issue you the medical form 1017 (section A) which will have your photo attached and been stamped by the high commission.

In certain circumstances you may be advised that you are to attend for an ‘up-front’ medical, in which case you will be given an Appendix C form to completed and bring in with you to your appointment
".

So, my question is: does this panel doctor know what they are doing (maybe gotten lazy with keeping up with changes in medical requirements) or can I just submit my application and follow the process through?

Many thanks.

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my medical done in Glasgow. I called and said I was applying for my family class sponsorship and was instructed to bring along appendix c and 2 passport photo's. I got the medical done in bryden medical in West George Street, then went to a private hospital to get my chest x-ray. Very easy, all in the same day and everyone was lovely. If coming through to Glasgow is easy enough to to, I would say do that, as it see seems your being messed about.

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
mic_midd86 said:
I got my medical done in Glasgow. I called and said I was applying for my family class sponsorship and was instructed to bring along appendix c and 2 passport photo's. I got the medical done in bryden medical in West George Street, then went to a private hospital to get my chest x-ray. Very easy, all in the same day and everyone was lovely. If coming through to Glasgow is easy enough to to, I would say do that, as it see seems your being messed about.
Funny you should say that... I just got off the phone with them and I am going up on Thursday. Turns out they are £30 cheaper than the Edinburgh one, so it will pay for the extra mileage.

Big weekend ahead now as we have everything we need, barring this medical, to package up our application.

Forester2000

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2012
AOR Received.
July 24th 2012
File Transfer...
July 24th 2012
Med's Done....
May 12th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 8th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 17th 2013
Just received a PPR from London VO today at 3:05pm by email!! Woooohoooo!!

Dear applicant,

Your application has reached the final stage of processing. So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued, you must now submit the documents listed below. (These instructions do not apply to accompanying family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship, because they will have to travel on their Canadian passports.)
1. Your passport and a passport for each accompanying family member. The passports must meet the Passport Specifications on page 2 of this letter.
2. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications on page 2 of this letter.
3. The “Updated Information Chart” on page 3, fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.
Submit your passport(s), photos and information chart within 30 days of the date of this letter (or the date of the email if you received this by email). All documents for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package. Follow the instructions on page 4 of this letter to submit your package.

At long last!! It's been a long wait!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
johare12 said:
Anyone thats landed already...

How specific do I need to be when listing whats in my suitcases (not shipping anything, just 2 suitcases each)
I have no idea what to write. It's just clothing, shoes, make-up, hair brushes/product, underwear, blankets etc.
looking at the b4 it really doesn't seem relevant to me, and it says to type up a list of what you are bringing
I'm not even sure the B4 is necessary for you, unless you're bringing things of value ( computer etc!). I flew to Canada with 2 suitcases full, but as I was entering as a tourist I didn't declare anything, and it was no problem.
For your boyfriend - he is a returning canadian, so no need to pay taxes if ever asked, but I really doubt that the border officer will ask for your B4 if what you'e taking is only personal effects of little to no commercial value...
You can prepare a generic list (and group them by type of items : clothing, etc) in case, but I doubt you will need it.
GOod luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sniprat said:
A question on medicals... on the CIC website it says:

"Medical Examination Instructions
Instructions on how to take the medical examination will normally be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office".

I was going to submit my application and wait until called for a medical except I see from nearly everyone on the forum that medicals should be submitted with the application (certainly all the timelines indicate such is the case).

I e-mailed CIC who gave the following response:

"Thank you for your enquiry,

Medicals are not compulsory for a family class application when you first apply, however it is advise that if you can provide them in your initial application then please do so, as it does help the process move along more efficiently
".

Seems clear that either way is fine so I e-mailed a panel doctor in Edinburgh who has twice now given me the following:

"You must have lodged your visa application with the Canadian High commission in London, before we can book in an appointment for your medical.

Once you have lodged your visa, the Canadian High Commission will issue you the medical form 1017 (section A) which will have your photo attached and been stamped by the high commission.

In certain circumstances you may be advised that you are to attend for an ‘up-front' medical, in which case you will be given an Appendix C form to completed and bring in with you to your appointment
".

So, my question is: does this panel doctor know what they are doing (maybe gotten lazy with keeping up with changes in medical requirements) or can I just submit my application and follow the process through?

Many thanks.
you fall into the last category - up-front medical. Appendix C form is not necessary anymore as things have changed in December, but you should still bring pictures normally....
Medicals for spousal sponsorship is a requirement and will certainly speed up ( aka - not delay!) your application if you do them before, so it's best to include them right away.
Good luck with your medicals - then off to Mississauga!
Sweden
Forester2000 said:
Just received a PPR from London VO today at 3:05pm by email!! Woooohoooo!!

Dear applicant,

Your application has reached the final stage of processing. So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued, you must now submit the documents listed below. (These instructions do not apply to accompanying family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship, because they will have to travel on their Canadian passports.)
1. Your passport and a passport for each accompanying family member. The passports must meet the Passport Specifications on page 2 of this letter.
2. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications on page 2 of this letter.
3. The “Updated Information Chart” on page 3, fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.
Submit your passport(s), photos and information chart within 30 days of the date of this letter (or the date of the email if you received this by email). All documents for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package. Follow the instructions on page 4 of this letter to submit your package.

At long last!! It's been a long wait!!
yes! great to hear!! finally a passport request, and you skipped the interview, well done! hope that the passport comes back quickly, but if you're in the UK then it should go fast - and you can watch for "decision made' on ecas - for me it turned to "DM" the day they sent the COPR, not the day they issued it.. so then you know its on its way!
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Just as I am about to buy our tickets to visit my husband in March and wait out our application (I don't feel our application will be completed by then)....I read this...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/did-i-completely-screw-up-my-application-crossing-canada-border-with-outland-t130570.0.html

:eek:

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scottishmaple said:
Just as I am about to buy our tickets to visit my husband in March and wait out our application (I don't feel our application will be completed by then)....I read this...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/did-i-completely-screw-up-my-application-crossing-canada-border-with-outland-t130570.0.html

:eek:
that's scary.... but I think it's very unusual and mostly very bad luck, because it doesn't happen very often, and I don't think that London Vo will follow the recommendations of the border officer - it's a different agency first of all ( CBSA and CIC), and she didn't seem very informed on outland and inland applications ( as it states somewhere on the website that if you're visiting and have the possibility to apply outland, then you should do so...).

It's always a risk, but well - it went well for me, and for quite a few other people on this thread, so even if it's a scary thing, and always a risk, I still think it's a marginal one...
GOod luck,
Sweden

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)

I know, it's definitely a bit scary- but I think the problem was stating that he didn't plan to return and that this particular officer was uninformed/ spiteful.

I came to Canada on 30-Nov to wait out the application with a one-way ticket only (it was half the price) and having just quit my job and after a fairly quick explanation at immigration was given a 6-month entry stamp without any problems. Looks like you will be a lot closer to getting PR than I was should you move over in March.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
ldjames said:
I know, it's definitely a bit scary- but I think the problem was stating that he didn't plan to return and that this particular officer was uninformed/ spiteful.

I came to Canada on 30-Nov to wait out the application with a one-way ticket only (it was half the price) and having just quit my job and after a fairly quick explanation at immigration was given a 6-month entry stamp without any problems. Looks like you will be a lot closer to getting PR than I was should you move over in March.
I am stressed out of my box, I am quitting my job, my daughter will be out of school. and it is all a bit too much to think about sometimes. How did you deal with it, especially not having the visa?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:
that's scary.... but I think it's very unusual and mostly very bad luck, because it doesn't happen very often, and I don't think that London Vo will follow the recommendations of the border officer - it's a different agency first of all ( CBSA and CIC), and she didn't seem very informed on outland and inland applications ( as it states somewhere on the website that if you're visiting and have the possibility to apply outland, then you should do so...).

It's always a risk, but well - it went well for me, and for quite a few other people on this thread, so even if it's a scary thing, and always a risk, I still think it's a marginal one...
GOod luck,
Sweden
thanks Sweden, I am buying the tickets on Thursday and its giving me anxiety....lol