+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Forester2000 said:
Not a sausage!! :eek:
I'm at 20.5 weeks and no request for PP or anything else....even an interview right now would be a relief!
I was in the same position. 3 months and not a word. Emailed London for info and found out that my file was never even sent to London. Send an enquiry and they should get back to you.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
why are flights within Canada so expensive...My hubby and I have the same problem every time we book a flight, you find great deals to get you to North America or the UK and then the internal flights ruin the whole process. It cost us nearly the same amount for an internal flight within Canada as a flight from Glasgow to Canada.....

Forester2000

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2012
AOR Received.
July 24th 2012
File Transfer...
July 24th 2012
Med's Done....
May 12th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 8th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 17th 2013
scottishmaple said:
why are flights within Canada so expensive...My hubby and I have the same problem every time we book a flight, you find great deals to get you to North America or the UK and then the internal flights ruin the whole process. It cost us nearly the same amount for an internal flight within Canada as a flight from Glasgow to Canada.....
Partly because there is very little competition for the existing airlines and also because of the distance covered flying from one side of such a huge country to the other.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
scottishmaple said:
I often use kayak.com to look for cheap flights.

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
I was speaking to a relative who works in the House of Commons (london) and she told me they are off til the 7th jan and she expects all government places will be the same, so looks like we won't hear anything else until the 2nd week of jan! Sadly flight out is the 10th, I've only bought a one way so now I'm panicking!

On another note, something I'm not enjoying this year... Every single relative asking do you have you papers yet? Very frustrating having to tell everyone NO :(

Merry Christmas though! Haha trying to put it to the back of my mind til the celebrations are over!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
johare12 said:
I was speaking to a relative who works in the House of Commons (london) and she told me they are off til the 7th jan and she expects all government places will be the same, so looks like we won't hear anything else until the 2nd week of jan! Sadly flight out is the 10th, I've only bought a one way so now I'm panicking!

On another note, something I'm not enjoying this year... Every single relative asking do you have you papers yet? Very frustrating having to tell everyone NO :(

Merry Christmas though! Haha trying to put it to the back of my mind til the celebrations are over!
Hey!

Don't panic - you'll be fine! I flew with a one way ticket, and only sponsorship approval, and so did quite a few other people on this thread, and we'll all been let in without troubles. Just be prepared when you go, with your bank account extract ( to show that you can buy a ticket if needed), and the approval letter, but I wasn't even asked for any of that - especially if you're travelling with your bf, and you'll go through border control together... but even without him, you'll be fine. You're almost done, and if you don't have the COPR by the time you travel, you will be pretty close to getting it, so you won't need the 6 months on a tourist visa to wait it out...
In the meantime - Merry Christmas, and enjoy spending it with the UK family before moving to Canada! :)
Sweden

mirage1964

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-12
AOR Received.
27-06-12 LVO "in process" 15-11-12
File Transfer...
27-06-12
Med's Done....
01-11-11
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
nmford said:
So I finally got a reply today after having sent in extra documentation a million years ago.

Is this good or bad? They say hear back, not a decision made :-\

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Pleased be advised that your documents have been received and that they are still with the Immigration Officer under review. Having spoken to the Immigration Officer dealing with your file, they have advised me that you can expect to hear back from us in mid January.

We apologise for the delay and thank you for your patience.
OMG. I just checked today for the heck of it and the ECAS has changed from "in process" to "Decision Made"!!

Here is a specific blurb:

A decision has been made on (My wife in the UK's ) application. The office will contact (my wife in the UK) concerning this decision.

Question: Why will they contact my wife directly in the UK and not send me an e-mail as well? Is this normal?

M

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mirage1964 said:
OMG. I just checked today for the heck of it and the ECAS has changed from "in process" to "Decision Made"!!

A decision has been made on (My wife in the UK's ) application. The office will contact (my wife in the UK) concerning this decision.

Question: Why will they contact my wife directly in the UK and not send me an e-mail as well? Is this normal?

M
YEAHHHH! congrats, awesome to hear and great Christmas present!! :) the "decision made and the office will contact you" is the normal thing to read - they won't send you an email at all (unless you have put yourself as a representative for your wife then all communications go to you), the VO only communicates with the applicant... so your wife should get her COPR in the post in a few days (from 3 to 5 if you're in the Uk and considering Christmas holidays!). If you have not been asked for an interview and have submitted additional documents as requested, then it means it's a positive decision (unless you have one very obvious reason to be denied, but I don't imagine so...). - so - it's the end of ecas checking, obsessing about the COPR etc.... your wife can get ready to leave, packing etc is in order now! :)

Merry Christmas! :)
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mirage1964 said:

M
PS: you can turn yourself RED in the spreadsheet! :) I have added the formulas in your row so it calculates the total number of days etc, but I let you the pleasure of the red coloring - you've been waiting long enough for that! :)

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
mirage1964 said:

M
You made me curious so I just checked.......

DECISION MADE!!!!!!!!!

Agh it's a Christmas miracle best present!

And thanks Sweden I was just really nervous about it, who did you fly with? I know air transit are reall fussy about letting you on with a one way sometimes!

mirage1964

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-12
AOR Received.
27-06-12 LVO "in process" 15-11-12
File Transfer...
27-06-12
Med's Done....
01-11-11
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
Sweden said:
PS: you can turn yourself RED in the spreadsheet! :) I have added the formulas in your row so it calculates the total number of days etc, but I let you the pleasure of the red coloring - you've been waiting long enough for that! :)
Thanks Sweden..

What a great Xmas present...actually my wife received the paperwork on Saturday and scanned then documents for me to open today on Xmas....yipee...

This is one Xmas we will always remember :)

Now we need to figure out when she will arrive and all the next steps (e.g., SIN, health, etc) Advice always appreciated on these :)

M

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone! Just checked ECAS after a few anxious weeks of not checking and my husbands application status has gone from application recieved to in process...we were asked to send in some extra documents regarding additional family information and hadn't heard anything back but im assuming they did recieve and are able to continue with our application process. Hopefully not long now til we see a decision made and can flagpole down to the border. We are so happy we made the decision to move over before recieving COPR and have been busy the last couple weeks setting up our new place, getting furniture, christmas parties, job hunting etc! Wishing everyone a speedy "DM" :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
johare12 said:
You made me curious so I just checked.......

DECISION MADE!!!!!!!!!

Agh it's a Christmas miracle best present!

And thanks Sweden I was just really nervous about it, who did you fly with? I know air transit are reall fussy about letting you on with a one way sometimes!
WOWOWOWOW! that's great to hear, best christmas present ever indeed! :) no need to worry about it now, enjoy the holidays and the return to Canada!! I flew with Icelandair, and it was no problem - but I flew with Air transit before and I don't remember being asked for a return ticket - anyway, no need to worry now! :) time to pack and MOVE to Canada! :) welcome welcome! :)
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mirage1964 said:
Thanks Sweden..

What a great Xmas present...actually my wife received the paperwork on Saturday and scanned then documents for me to open today on Xmas....yipee...

This is one Xmas we will always remember :)

Now we need to figure out when she will arrive and all the next steps (e.g., SIN, health, etc) Advice always appreciated on these :)

M
Healthcare depends on which province, but SIN is super easy. Once she has landed, she can go the same day to a "service canada" office, with her passport + the COPR signed, and the SIN will be issued right away (it takes about 10 min). The SIN card will arrive in the mail about 10 days later, but she can leave the office with a print of her SIN to use right away... so it's super easy.

I like your wife's present - well thought!! :)
Merry Christmas,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kaede1977 said:
Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone! Just checked ECAS after a few anxious weeks of not checking and my husbands application status has gone from application recieved to in process...we were asked to send in some extra documents regarding additional family information and hadn't heard anything back but im assuming they did recieve and are able to continue with our application process. Hopefully not long now til we see a decision made and can flagpole down to the border. We are so happy we made the decision to move over before recieving COPR and have been busy the last couple weeks setting up our new place, getting furniture, christmas parties, job hunting etc! Wishing everyone a speedy "DM" :)
Merry Christmas to you! and in process is good - soon you should turn into DM! and yes - moving before the COPR arrives "saves" you time as you can already settle in, get a place, set it up - and be all ready to start when the COPR arrives - should not be long for your husband!
Best wishes for the new year,
Sweden