+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
Sweden said:
Hopefully the only reason why they are not answering is because they are ready to issue your visa anyway and can not be bothered to answer to a case that they consider finalized (not that I think it's a good idea, but just an possibility) - it was my case... they never answered to me, and suddenly it just stated "decision made" - no answers to CSE, and no "in process".
Fingers crossed you'll hear soon,
Sweden
I hope you're right :)

Mine is in process and has been since 24th September... This "in process" part is killing me!!!

Grizzlybear

Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Interview........
05-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013
nthompson said:
Me and you might be in a similar situation, as me and my wife both live together in London and we even work together as Teachers. She got sponsored by her workplace and her work Visa last 3 years but we have been living together for about a year now.

Good to know this as I might be heading in your direction, and If I can bring my wife to the interview swell that be great
It depends on whether you are a visa exempt or not applicant. It is kind of reasonable that they only ask for interviews when the sponsored applicant is from a non visa exempt, since there has been many fraud marriages. However, it is a bit frustrating and time consuming.

Grizzlybear

Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Interview........
05-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013
Sweden said:
If you live together, that's much better indeed! just take the proofs that you are still living together, that you sponsored her to stay in the UK, and some pictures about the trips you've taken together, and you'll be fine. If your wife can come, it might be a good idea... she might not be allowed in the interview room, but she can show her support by being here. Bring your passport - they might ask you to leave it at the reception to issue the visa after the interview! I hope so for you... some VO do, but I am not sure about London.... they might be able to tell you that they are convinced or satisfied after the interview, in that case you will know that the visa will be issued but maybe they need to finalize a few other things? not sure.

For your timeline - you need to post 10 times before you can post anything, once you have posted 10 times, you can go to the upper right corner into "profile" and modify it there.
Good luck!
Sweden
Hi Sweden,
What kind of proofs do you suggest for us living together? My wife's visa in the uk clearly states I sponsored her. Thanks a lot once again, you don't realize how helpful you are!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Grizzlybear said:
Hi Sweden,
What kind of proofs do you suggest for us living together? My wife's visa in the uk clearly states I sponsored her. Thanks a lot once again, you don't realize how helpful you are!
The visa would be good, and if her name is on the rental contract, then bring it. If you have mail ( coming in from now on as well) with her address, and yours as well, then keep that (keep the envelops, with stamped dates etc, so it shows it is actual and she is still living there). Since it's Christmas time soon, you might get some Christmas cards addressed to both of you - keep the cards, and the envelops, and bring them... They probably know that you were living together, they might want to see that it is still the case. If you also bought gifts to other people together and have proofs of that, that might be a good idea. I have seen somewhere else a suggestion about setting up a life insurance with your wife as the sole beneficiary ( or your wife doing that) - apparently you can get one for not too expensive, and you could bring that as a proof as well. Anything that can help prove that you are a couple, and that your lives are as intertwined as possible. I don't know if you have a common bank account, but you might want to add her on your bank account and same for her - it's normally not too difficult to add your spouse on your bank account, and it serves as an extra proof...

It might add up and be a lot of proofs, and you might not need all of that - maybe they'll do the interview first, and then they'll be convinced and not ask for proofs, but better safe than sorry.
Good luck,
Sweden

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
Sweden said:
Well it's a good start! :) so you can register on the London spreadsheet - since you have the exact date that CIC received your application from Canada Post... since you're the first one to apply in December you can even choose which color you want! :) fancy...
You MIGHT get a confirmation from CIC by email. If you get an AOR (acknowledgement of Receipt), then it will be by email. But you might also get directly the sponsorship approval, as first communication from CIC ( and that can be email or snail mail).

Starting a thread for December might be a good idea, and if you want to set up a spreadsheet, let me know, I have the template for November, so you won't have to create everything again! :)
Good luck for your application,
Sweden
Thanks, it feels like a huge relief that the application is finally sent.

Oh no, I was too late to choose a colour! ;-) Well, now we have a December thread, and I have suggested that we have a spreadsheet as well. Sounds like a good idea! I'll fill in the London one as well.

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Hello I rec'd an email from London requesting more information. Can I just reply back to the email or do I have to fill out the webform.
Thank you all!

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
temmyt said:
Hello I rec'd an email from London requesting more information. Can I just reply back to the email or do I have to fill out the webform.
Thank you all!
you can just reply to the email, thats what we did and they replied again within a couple of hours.

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
I'm getting nervous with the holidays getting so close!
Feeling like if we don't get good news in the next two weeks, we won't have the papers in time for our flight back to Canada (with the holidays and slow post at this time of year :( )

Canuckwannabe

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-12
File Transfer...
02-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
COPR arrived 5th Dec & will do landing on 8th Dec.
johare12 said:
I'm getting nervous with the holidays getting so close!
Feeling like if we don't get good news in the next two weeks, we won't have the papers in time for our flight back to Canada (with the holidays and slow post at this time of year :( )
I know how you feel about worrying that London will slow down on the approach to the holidays, but I wanted to offer you some reassurance with regards to the post as I received my COPR today. It was mailed last Friday from London and I received it in Vancouver today less than a week later (much to my surprise!) & although we never know what is going on at the VO I just wanted to offer up some encouragement as it seems like they really are pushing through them and so I will keep my fingers crossed that you hear something very soon! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DGT said:
Hi there!

Just adding myself into the pile here.

I'm being sponsored by my wife, who's a Canadian citizen born in Nova Scotia. I'm from Scotland, which is where my wife and I have been living together for the past 4 years. We've been together for 7 years in total, and have been married for 3 years now. We got married in Scotland, on the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond.

Our application was received in Mississauga on the 19th of October and my wife was approved as a sponsor on the 13th of November. I'm 25, and she's 30. We decided to move away from the UK so that we could be closer to her family, and because the climate for business is better here (I've been managing bars and restaurants for 5 years now, and want to get my own off the ground which is hard in Scotland just now).

I'm hoping the process will be fast as we've been married for a good amount of time, have no dependants, no criminal records, no history of government financial support, and because we're both still fairly young. Also hoping the fact that my wife was granted a visa to join me in the UK as my partner in 2008, will help point to the fact that our relationship is solid and ongoing.

Anyway, there's my info. Best of luck to everyone.

DGT
Hey DGT,

welcome to the London thread. I moved you up on the spreadsheet as dates are ordered by sponsorship date, so we can try and follow where London VO is - even if, as you can see from the spreadsheet, there is not always a very logical sequence to it...
It seems that you have a pretty solid case, so I hope it will go all smooth for you.
Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Canuckwannabe said:
I know how you feel about worrying that London will slow down on the approach to the holidays, but I wanted to offer you some reassurance with regards to the post as I received my COPR today. It was mailed last Friday from London and I received it in Vancouver today less than a week later (much to my surprise!) & although we never know what is going on at the VO I just wanted to offer up some encouragement as it seems like they really are pushing through them and so I will keep my fingers crossed that you hear something very soon! :)
yeah! congrats neighbour! :) and good luck on the flagpoling... that was a super quick - Canada post really did a good job (compared to the almost 2 weeks it took them for mine!). Great to hear that you are done as well!
Sweden

Canuckwannabe

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-12
File Transfer...
02-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
COPR arrived 5th Dec & will do landing on 8th Dec.
Sweden said:
yeah! congrats neighbour! :) and good luck on the flagpoling... that was a super quick - Canada post really did a good job (compared to the almost 2 weeks it took them for mine!). Great to hear that you are done as well!
Sweden
Thank you Sweden! Yes Canada post was super quick and it was a shock to say the least! I am looking forward to the weekend as we plan to Land on Saturday and make the most of the weekend before starting the job hunt and trying to figure out reality! lol

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Canuckwannabe said:
wow thanks for the reassurance!
Good luck landing :)

debbie6986

Jul 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
13-06-2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
visa ex
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 14th march 2013
LANDED..........
Already here
hi everyone
i only check this thread maybe twice a month but i want to give a big shout out to everyone who keeps the information flowing. sweden; you seem to rock at this, congrats with the pr news ;)
to all the same sex couples out there check out this vid for a giggle: http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpinchefsky/2012/11/30/women-support-gay-marriage-lesbians-are-better-at-halo-than-you/