+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
Well. I've been waiting for London to make a decision since June. I received a reply from my recent email to them today:

Please be advised that your file has been reviewed and we are currently awaiting the results of your medical examination. We have contacted Ottawa for these results and are currently awaiting for a response. We will advise as soon as we have an update. We hope to have your application completed in the near future.

They expire in early/mid Jan. However my medicals were sent to london medical division on the Canadian High Commission, not Ottawa. I did have my client ID number at the time of doing the medicals (i had other canadian visas before), and i did my medicals before sending off my application as many of my friends had done before.
I think I can read from this that my medicals are lost OR if not, they may not have a decision made until after my medicals have expired, 3rd Jan. Really, I'll just have to get another medical done I think. Obviously I'll wait until I hear back from CIC. I don't want to be out paying for more medicals when its them who doesn't have them even though I sent them with my Client ID number and everything was correct at the time they were sent. ugh. another headache, more expense and more disappointment. On the bright side, I'll see my partner again soon I hope. I miss him so much.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
OH MY GOD!!!!

I just got a email from London!!! This means they MUST have my file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy shit!

They have requested that I send them a police report again. Not sure why since I did include the original in the initial application. Maybe that is expired now? Who knows.

Anyway, I am OVER THE MOON!

Need to get to a printer and a post office! BYE! x

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
I hope someone can help me in a fairly simple matter! My wife has been approved for PR in Canada (informed by a Canadian Customs Officer when clearing our shipment in Canada). Decision made on ECAS, my query is we need to cross the border to the US via White Rock or Abbostford Border crossing. What dose my wife need to cross? She has a British Passport, do we need a ESTA? I think if i'm correct you only need this if arriving via air or vessel. Any help would be appreciated! 8)

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
sounds positive Bonitanita!

I hope london sends lots of good news this week, I have checked ECAS too many times today since its apparently Tuesdays they update it and nothing changed as usual!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Herjeet said:
I hope someone can help me in a fairly simple matter! My wife has been approved for PR in Canada (informed by a Canadian Customs Officer when clearing our shipment in Canada). Decision made on ECAS, my query is we need to cross the border to the US via White Rock or Abbostford Border crossing. What dose my wife need to cross? She has a British Passport, do we need a ESTA? I think if i'm correct you only need this if arriving via air or vessel. Any help would be appreciated! 8)
ESTA is not needed for land crossing. All your wife needs is her passport, and of course - the actual COPR! :) then she'll be done with the landing procedures and officially a PR! :)
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sarah2012 said:
Well. I've been waiting for London to make a decision since June. I received a reply from my recent email to them today:

Please be advised that your file has been reviewed and we are currently awaiting the results of your medical examination. We have contacted Ottawa for these results and are currently awaiting for a response. We will advise as soon as we have an update. We hope to have your application completed in the near future.

They expire in early/mid Jan. However my medicals were sent to london medical division on the Canadian High Commission, not Ottawa. I did have my client ID number at the time of doing the medicals (i had other canadian visas before), and i did my medicals before sending off my application as many of my friends had done before.
I think I can read from this that my medicals are lost OR if not, they may not have a decision made until after my medicals have expired, 3rd Jan. Really, I'll just have to get another medical done I think. Obviously I'll wait until I hear back from CIC. I don't want to be out paying for more medicals when its them who doesn't have them even though I sent them with my Client ID number and everything was correct at the time they were sent. ugh. another headache, more expense and more disappointment. On the bright side, I'll see my partner again soon I hope. I miss him so much.
I hope it gets resolved soon, but at least you know what they are waiting for, and that they are working on your file, so it should soon be over!

bonitanita said:
OH MY GOD!!!!

I just got a email from London!!! This means they MUST have my file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy *censored word*!

They have requested that I send them a police report again. Not sure why since I did include the original in the initial application. Maybe that is expired now? Who knows.

YEEEESSSSS! that's great news, indeed they have your file now! :) there is light at the end of the tunnel.... Police record expire after 1 year of being issued, and they must be received by CIC within 3 months of being issued... so maybe that's why....
Hopefully once they receive that, then it's all good and your PR will be there in no time!!!
Fingers crossed,
Sweden

johare12 said:
I hope london sends lots of good news this week, I have checked ECAS too many times today since its apparently Tuesdays they update it and nothing changed as usual!
I don't really believe that they update on Tuesdays - ecas updates seem to be happening at any time of day and night ! :)
but I hear you about checking too many times! :)

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
My ECAS has finally changed. It says DM on the Sponsor side and App Rcvd on the PR side.

Couldn't send off for my police report. Need proof of address which I can't get because I am in Canada. Mum is away in Mexico and I have to wait til she gets back this weekend for her to fax it to me. Oh well.... still, I'm dancin'!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bonitanita said:
My ECAS has finally changed. It says DM on the Sponsor side and App Rcvd on the PR side.

Couldn't send off for my police report. Need proof of address which I can't get because I am in Canada. Mum is away in Mexico and I have to wait til she gets back this weekend for her to fax it to me. Oh well.... still, I'm dancin'!
Welcome to the wonderful world of ecas checking! :) glad to see that things are getting back in order for you, and from now on hopefully it will be a very smooth journey!
Good luck,
Sweden

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Sweden said:
Welcome to the wonderful world of ecas checking! :) glad to see that things are getting back in order for you, and from now on hopefully it will be a very smooth journey!
Good luck,
Sweden
Thank you! xxx ;)

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
bonitanita said:
OH MY GOD!!!!

I just got a email from London!!! This means they MUST have my file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy *censored word*!

Congrats! I hope you see rapid movement now!

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
Sweden said:
Welcome! feel free to add yourself to the spreadsheet, the link is in my signature but it's open for all, so you just add yourself. you cna also start a December 2012 thread since you're probably one of the first one to send it! :)
I don't remember what are the requirements for the ID, but if you have a valid piece of ID + the PR card, it should be good...
Good luck with your application,
Sweden
I got a little too excited and realised after I posted that I actually just have the delivery confirmation from Canada Post and not CIC. Wishful thinking, I guess! :S
After I receive their confirmation I'd love to fill in the document and start a thread, if no one else does it before me. If I understand correctly, I'll get a confirmation from CIC by e-mail?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Swedish citizen said:
I got a little too excited and realised after I posted that I actually just have the delivery confirmation from Canada Post and not CIC. Wishful thinking, I guess! :S
After I receive their confirmation I'd love to fill in the document and start a thread, if no one else does it before me. If I understand correctly, I'll get a confirmation from CIC by e-mail?
Well it's a good start! :) so you can register on the London spreadsheet - since you have the exact date that CIC received your application from Canada Post... since you're the first one to apply in December you can even choose which color you want! :) fancy...
You MIGHT get a confirmation from CIC by email. If you get an AOR (acknowledgement of Receipt), then it will be by email. But you might also get directly the sponsorship approval, as first communication from CIC ( and that can be email or snail mail).

Starting a thread for December might be a good idea, and if you want to set up a spreadsheet, let me know, I have the template for November, so you won't have to create everything again! :)
Good luck for your application,
Sweden

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Sweden said:
Well it's a good start! :) so you can register on the London spreadsheet - since you have the exact date that CIC received your application from Canada Post... since you're the first one to apply in December you can even choose which color you want! :) fancy...
You MIGHT get a confirmation from CIC by email. If you get an AOR (acknowledgement of Receipt), then it will be by email. But you might also get directly the sponsorship approval, as first communication from CIC ( and that can be email or snail mail).

Starting a thread for December might be a good idea, and if you want to set up a spreadsheet, let me know, I have the template for November, so you won't have to create everything again! :)
Good luck for your application,
Sweden
There appears to be a December thread here! http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/december-2012-applicantsthis-is-your-thread-t127077.0.html :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
blueboom said:
There appears to be a December thread here! http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/december-2012-applicantsthis-is-your-thread-t127077.0.html :)
Good catch! :)