+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
So, it's been 3 weeks since I found out that my file was never transferred to London. I called again today to enquire in hopes of getting more information. No such luck. The agent said that there was no update on my file and that I should call back at the end of November. :mad:

- Sweden: congrats!!!

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
bonitanita said:
So, it's been 3 weeks since I found out that my file was never transferred to London. I called again today to enquire in hopes of getting more information. No such luck. The agent said that there was no update on my file and that I should call back at the end of November. :mad:

:eek: that is crazy Bonitanita, i feel so bad for you. I wish they'd understand how much they mess about with peoples lives when they do this!

Canuckwannabe

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-12
File Transfer...
02-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
COPR arrived 5th Dec & will do landing on 8th Dec.
bonitanita said:

That is so dreadful! So they offer no explanation at all as to what is going on, and why they failed to transfer your file? You would hope that because of their error that they would make you a priority! I truly feel so bad for you! Although the way that this whole system works means that we are all left in the dark. I was really shocked to read on this thread that some people don't receive any update at all (although saying that neither have I). Maybe try calling them again and pointing out that due to their error you just want some kind of reassurance that things are moving forward, you never know but you may get someone compassionate on the phone who will then take some action. Either way I will be thinking of you and will keep my fingers crossed! Good luck!!

srehal

May 31, 2012
Congratulations Sweden!!! So happy for you! I had a question,
Were you given your own separate eCAS number, or did you access your status through your sponsors eCAS?
Also what was the status before decision made? application received or in process?

Thanks, and so happy for you!

Sonia

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
bonitanita said:

Sorry to hear that, it really sucks! Don't know what else you could do - maybe get your husband to talk to his MP ? it's not acceptable that they can not get an answer quicker than that after making a mistake.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
srehal said:
Congratulations Sweden!!! So happy for you! I had a question,
Were you given your own separate eCAS number, or did you access your status through your sponsors eCAS?
Also what was the status before decision made? application received or in process?

Thanks, and so happy for you!

Sonia
Hey Sonia,

thanks for the congratulations!

I always used the information I got in the sponsorship email, I was not given my own UCI, as I never had any answers from London (despite sending 2 CSE). The UCI + sponsor information works but doesn't really give much information, so I always used the file number (starting with F) + my own name + DOB.
My ecas stayed "application received" the whole time, then yesterday morning there was an "added category" with "home address", and 8h later "decision made" - never went "in process" - at least not that I could see ( and I checked ecas several times a day...).
Good luck,
Sweden

srehal

May 31, 2012
I'm wondering if my application is is taking longer because:

1) My spouse (who is being sponsored) is an indian national living in UK with a student visa...we still needed to process at the london VO

Is anyone else in this situation?

I'm so frustrated, I feel like crying when I think about it,
Sonia

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
srehal said:

1) My spouse (who is being sponsored) is an indian national living in UK with a student visa...we still needed to process at the london VO

Sonia
Hey Sonia,

Unfortunately, it might be the case (nobody can say for sure). If you look at the spreadsheet, there is an added column for "comments", and most people that are not from the UK (or european) seem to take a little longer. Probably because background checks are taking longer when people are from outside of the EU, it's more difficult to obtain information. It's difficult to say how much longer though, as each case is different ( and on the spreadsheet there is not many details to protect private information). So it might be a little longer for your case - but don't give up, because you might hear from them soon - your timeline is similar to mine, and there are still a few people before me that also haven't heard from CIC, so for now there is nothing "out of the ordinary" for you. Also - New Delhi is a fast VO, so hopefully if London VO needs to have some more information they will get a swift answer.

It's hard to wait for sure, I hope you hear from them soon.
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
srehal said:

Sonia
Sonia - you might want to check this thread as well http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-non-uk-applications-t67595.45.html
There is one more person with a similar situation - sponsoring an indian national living in the UK.
Good luck,
Sweden

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
srehal said:

Sonia
Hey Srehal,

Unfortunately as Sweden mentioned it may well take longer for a non U.K/ European citizen as background checks do take longer as London has to liaise with a foreign country regarding background checks. Also almost definitely your husband will be required to surrender his passport to India to have the COPR attached, this may cause another set of complications as it is illegal to send an Indian passport via courier to India VO, maybe you can send it to London and they can forward it on to New Delhi but that part I am not sure of. If you look at the spreadsheet you can see how long on average it has taken for the non EU applications.

Good luck :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Srehal,

Unfortunately as Sweden mentioned it may well take longer for a non U.K/ European citizen as background checks do take longer as London has to liaise with a foreign country regarding background checks. Also almost definitely your husband will be required to surrender his passport to India to have the COPR attached, this may cause another set of complications as it is illegal to send an Indian passport via courier to India VO, maybe you can send it to London and they can forward it on to New Delhi but that part I am not sure of. If you look at the spreadsheet you can see how long on average it has taken for the non EU applications.

Good luck :D
Well I suppose that's the reason why they applied through London - since he is in the UK on a student visa, his passport won't have to travel to India, but to London, so that should be OK ? or missing something here. ?

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Sweden said:
Well I suppose that's the reason why they applied through London - since he is in the UK on a student visa, his passport won't have to travel to India, but to London, so that should be OK ? or missing something here. ?
Not sure on that Sweden, might be right but thinking India would need to validate their own passports. For sure the passport will have to be surrendered but I was reading Fhaider who is Pakistani had some issues regarding this very subject. Will have a little look and see what his issue was.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
R151NG5UN said:
Not sure on that Sweden, might be right but thinking India would need to validate their own passports. For sure the passport will have to be surrendered but I was reading Fhaider who is Pakistani had some issues regarding this very subject. Will have a little look and see what his issue was.
I think Fhaider had an issue because in the meantime his student visa expired and so he was back in Pakistan, and needed to get his passport to the UK - so he got help from Isl High Commission where they agreed to stamp his visa - I think that was the story.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
I noticed on the London Spreadsheet that Sarah2012 had commented that she was told that common law takes longer than a marriage application which I think most of us kind of thought, but it makes me wonder if we would see more of a pattern if on the spreadsheet it stated whether it was a common law relationship or a marriage and if kids were involved (canadian or non canadian citizens). I'm not suggesting this information is added to the spreadsheet, but it does make me wonder if these details matter in terms of timeline.

Would a married couple (one of which is a canadian citizen) with children who are biologically the sponsors, be a quicker application than a common law couple with the same family unit. Or would a married couple in the same position as the previous two but have children who are not biologically the sponsors take longer because there are additional rules in regards to the children not being the sponsors?...anyway, I'm sure you get my drift...

Just thinking out loud...

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
Sweden said:

You are right Sweden.....your passport is sent to the country that you apply and not your country of nationality!!