+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Temmy,

Obviously a British citizen born and raised in the U.K is easier to do background checks on as they should have a lot of the data at their finger tips. EU citizens are a little more time consuming as background checks are a little longer because London has to liaise with another country regarding background checks. A person applying through London who is neither British or EU will take longer and if the country in question is Pakistan considerably longer. British applicants receive no preferential treatment, their applications are only quicker because all information is either at their fingertips or can probably be easily accessed. Also obviously any phone calls and enquiries made within the U.K they are on the same working hours, whereas Asian authorities will be working different hours, so background checks will be longer.
Thank you for your reply. I do understand that background checks do take longer for a non-British. I only expect that the files are opened and reviewed according to how it was rec'd and not base on a person's contry of nationality. Some British applicants have not lived in the UK all their lives, some lived in Asia and other parts of the world to which they would require a background check in those countries also. I suppose thier application would also take longer. Please note that I am not against anybody receiving their approval be it a Brit or not. I am just anxious about my application just like any applicant.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
temmyt said:
Thank you for your reply. I do understand that background checks do take longer for a non-British. I only expect that the files are opened and reviewed according to how it was rec'd and not base on a person's contry of nationality. Some British applicants have not lived in the UK all their lives, some lived in Asia and other parts of the world to which they would require a background check in those countries also. I suppose thier application would also take longer. Please note that I am not against anybody receiving their approval be it a Brit or not. I am just anxious about my application just like any applicant.
Totally agree with you, any hold ups regarding non-Brits is likely to be in the waiting times for certain documents. For Pakistan and middle-eastern countries where their specific VO's have long wait times then applications will be scrutinised a lot more.

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
seamyb said:
Hey all,

Take a look at this

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/kenney-announces-new-immigration-restrictions-for-newlyweds-1.1011651

I guess most of us are lucky that we got our applications in before now.
I actually think its quite a good thing, instead of making the whole process harder you get your PR but have to stay married for at least 2 years, it won't affect those in a genuine relationship just those commuting fraud :)
That's how I read it anyway, although I guess after dealing with CIC once we wouldn't want to have them inspecting us for 2 years!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
johare12 said:
I actually think its quite a good thing, instead of making the whole process harder you get your PR but have to stay married for at least 2 years, it won't affect those in a genuine relationship just those commuting fraud :)
That's how I read it anyway, although I guess after dealing with CIC once we wouldn't want to have them inspecting us for 2 years!
Hey,

I think it is a great thing and is a huge deterrent to certain countries who were exploiting this in a very large and organised way. Only issue I can see with it is, the sponsor has been granted a huge amount of leverage over the applicant. Say in 12 months after arriving your relationship is going through a bad spell the sponsor can treat you how they want and the applicant will be at their mercy. It effectively means that the applicant will be on a OWP with status in limbo for 24 months and be at the mercy of a sponsor in a relationship that may have turned sour.

Another side to it is the applicant can claim an abusive relationship to provide immunity from this new rule and bring the whole world of the sponsor crashing down. So as I say overall it is a good measure but this still looks very much like it can be exploited. I suspect over the next 12-18 months domestic violence reports will increase.

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
R151NG5UN said:
Hey,

I think it is a great thing and is a huge deterrent to certain countries who were exploiting this in a very large and organised way. Only issue I can see with it is, the sponsor has been granted a huge amount of leverage over the applicant. Say in 12 months after arriving your relationship is going through a bad spell the sponsor can treat you how they want and the applicant will be at their mercy. It effectively means that the applicant will be on a OWP with status in limbo for 24 months and be at the mercy of a sponsor in a relationship that may have turned sour.

Another side to it is the applicant can claim an abusive relationship to provide immunity from this new rule and bring the whole world of the sponsor crashing down. So as I say overall it is a good measure but this still looks very much like it can be exploited. I suspect over the next 12-18 months domestic violence reports will increase.
Yeah good points :/

I guess it's a good thing for the genuinely nice and good people in the world but there's always going to be someone who will exploit their partner or thd government.

No need for us to worry though as we will all be done by the time this comes in to action (I hope!)

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
johare12 said:
Yeah good points :/

I guess it's a good thing for the genuinely nice and good people in the world but there's always going to be someone who will exploit their partner or thd government.

No need for us to worry though as we will all be done by the time this comes in to action (I hope!)
To clarify the rule came in to effect on October 25th 2012. If you applied before this then this rule will not affect you. Any applicants subsequent to that date will be effected by the new rule.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
mattyr83 said:
Hello everyone,

This has been a great week, on Wed we saw our ECAS home address change. Thursday ECAS went in process and this morning London replied to an email I sent a week ago asking if they received the additional documents I had sent earlier in the month, and London replied saying that we are approved and the COPR was issued on Oct 23 and was mailed to us in Canada the same day, so we should have it early next week in hand!!! But we are approved and it's finally over!

Good luck to everyone else and enjoy your lives in Canada once this process is finally over for you as well.
Congratulations! great to hear that - and nice that they actually told you over email that your file has been approved and the COPR is on its way...
Now I have also sent a request for information ( I sent some additional police records a month ago, and not sure if they got there), and let's see what they told me!

Have a nice week end!
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
johare12 said:
Ah okay, wow your stage 1 must have been fast! Mines was torture ! Hoping this is smooth and quick now :) so I can maybe cross as the falls to get my PR and go home to Scotland for Christmas happy and actually stress free!
Sounds Good!! Perhaps we will pass by each other at Glasgow Airport and I leave and you return....lol

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
GalloQuebecois said:
Temporary Social Insurance number:

the people who are hoping to employ me in Canada want me to start ASAP.

I've told them I can't as I'm waiting for my Permanent Resident visa.

They have told me that as my sponsor has been approved and my application is in progress that I can apply for a Temporary Social Insurance number.

I don't think that this is correct.

Does anyone else have experience of this?

Many thanks!
I think they are getting your application route confused. If you are applying via the INLAND route (staying in canada and applying inland) then once stage 1 is approved (sponsor approval) you can apply for a work permit which will allow you to work, however from what I have read about it, you really should apply the same time as you submit your application so that as soon as stage 1 is approved they can send you your work permit quickly. Applying via the Outland route (london) we do not have this option.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
ldjames said:
Oh dear me too- they must have been in a pretty bad mood the last few days. Oh well, at least I know it is there and hasn't gone missing- now I promise to wait semi-patiently.
If they were more customer focused (which they should be since we are paying for a service which is certainly not cheap) and updating the clients on a regular basis via Ecas or even allowing us to call the canada call centre (particularly in this day and age) then they probably wouldn't have to deal with less important enquiries like.... is my application actually there.

Im not a very patient person...thought I was until I submitted this application

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
claire_09 said:
Hi still waiting for a reponse from London about my daughters medical...sent on Tuesday - for those of you getting a response are you using case specific or gneral enquiry route?
Case Specific :D

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
mattyr83 said:
Hello everyone,

This has been a great week, on Wed we saw our ECAS home address change. Thursday ECAS went in process and this morning London replied to an email I sent a week ago asking if they received the additional documents I had sent earlier in the month, and London replied saying that we are approved and the COPR was issued on Oct 23 and was mailed to us in Canada the same day, so we should have it early next week in hand!!! But we are approved and it's finally over!

Good luck to everyone else and enjoy your lives in Canada once this process is finally over for you as well.
Thats awesome....All the best

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
R151NG5UN said:
To clarify the rule came in to effect on October 25th 2012. If you applied before this then this rule will not affect you. Any applicants subsequent to that date will be effected by the new rule.
Wow, didnt realise it had already came into effect!

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
[quotef they were more customer focused (which they should be since we are paying for a service which is certainly not cheap) and updating the clients on a regular basis via Ecas or even allowing us to call the canada call centre (particularly in this day and age) then they probably wouldn't have to deal with less important enquiries like.... is my application actually there.][/quote]

Absolutely. One of my many rants on this subject is that in not spending resources updating E-CAS and having an easy tracking system they just end up creating a build-up of query e-mails from applicants who have paid a lot of money and have heard very little.

They didn't give me an arrival date in my response but since my Stage 1 AOR was 2 days after yours I will base it on that- will be keeping an eye out for when yours goes to 'In Process'.

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
Hubby got approved to sponsor me today!! WOOHOOOOO, at last!! It only took about a month longer than expected after having to re submit our application with a new payment. Unfortunately still trying to find out where the original payment ended up... But that's a worry for another day!

Now just the wait for London to (fingers crossed) approve my application! Will probably be on here a lot more now checking out what's happening and how quickly the London office is working!