+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Finally congrats Liuminparis!!! So happy for you and great to see another London app turn red.

Looking at our spreadsheet and E-mails received from London this week it is pretty certain that the files are reviewed in the order they arrived at London VO, I was wondering in what order they processed.

A very very good week at London indeed. Lets hope they don't have their 3 week sabbatical in November and spring in to action in the last week. It always seems very busy in the last week-10 days of the month and the early parts of the month seems so quiet. :p

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
scottishmaple said:
I was a little disappointed that mine wasn't being looked at however your timeline says May, and from the spreadsheets alot of May June applicants are being dealt with, so this gives a good indication of where london is at right now...fingers crossed it goes smoothly for you
I'm actually very surprised as my stage 1 took a very long time, didn't receive it until the 21st August so maybe London are looking at initial submission dates?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
johare12 said:
I'm actually very surprised as my stage 1 took a very long time, didn't receive it until the 21st August so maybe London are looking at initial submission dates?
Thats what I was thinking...because I was approved in September 12th and they havent even started on it....

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
scottishmaple said:
Thats what I was thinking...because I was approved in September 12th and they havent even started on it....
Ah okay, wow your stage 1 must have been fast! Mines was torture ! Hoping this is smooth and quick now :) so I can maybe cross as the falls to get my PR and go home to Scotland for Christmas happy and actually stress free!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
GalloQuebecois said:
Temporary Social Insurance number:

the people who are hoping to employ me in Canada want me to start ASAP.

I've told them I can't as I'm waiting for my Permanent Resident visa.

They have told me that as my sponsor has been approved and my application is in progress that I can apply for a Temporary Social Insurance number.

I don't think that this is correct.

Does anyone else have experience of this?

Many thanks!
I know my sister applied for hers via post about 5yrs ago, but when my fiancée landed last year he just went to Service Canada the next day and got his number straight away.
Apparently it takes about 3 weeks to get one in the mail http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/how.shtml

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
GalloQuebecois said:
Temporary Social Insurance number:

the people who are hoping to employ me in Canada want me to start ASAP.

I've told them I can't as I'm waiting for my Permanent Resident visa.

They have told me that as my sponsor has been approved and my application is in progress that I can apply for a Temporary Social Insurance number.

I don't think that this is correct.

Does anyone else have experience of this?

Many thanks!
As far as I am aware you are quite right, there is no such thing as a temporary SIN or half the applicants here would be working. Besides which if for any reason PR was declined you would have been working illegally. Once granted your PR obviously then you can apply for a SIN but certainly not between stage 1 and stage 2 of a PR application. After all stage 1 is about the sponsor and not the applicant.

I think these people are desperate to get you to work, be careful though as if caught your whole PR application would be in tatters. Perhaps educate them so they don't mislead other people in to working when they are not legally allowed to do so.

Good luck :D

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
I also emailed London yesterday (haha they will be sick if us!) and they got back to me already giving me my own UCI number and saying:
Oh dear me too- they must have been in a pretty bad mood the last few days. Oh well, at least I know it is there and hasn't gone missing- now I promise to wait semi-patiently.

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
seamyb said:
Hey,

I did the same think last week and got this back a few days later, I was surprised I got anything.

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time. Your application has been received in London. Please find you file number above.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (VCM)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni
Oh whao London sure is on a roll THANK GOD! They are replying emails and issuing COPRs-Way to go London!
Seamyb does your ecas show in process or is this a generic email from them.I ask because my spouse received the same email and I wonder if it is just a generic reply or if we are actually being processed. Our ecas only has app rec'd and medical rec'd.
I am so praying for am early Christmas miracle!

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
Hi still waiting for a reponse from London about my daughters medical...sent on Tuesday - for those of you getting a response are you using case specific or gneral enquiry route?

GalloQuebecois

Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-05-2012
R151NG5UN said:
As far as I am aware you are quite right, there is no such thing as a temporary SIN or half the applicants here would be working. Besides which if for any reason PR was declined you would have been working illegally. Once granted your PR obviously then you can apply for a SIN but certainly not between stage 1 and stage 2 of a PR application. After all stage 1 is about the sponsor and not the applicant.

I think these people are desperate to get you to work, be careful though as if caught your whole PR application would be in tatters. Perhaps educate them so they don't mislead other people in to working when they are not legally allowed to do so.

Good luck :D
@Ri5ing5sun et al - many thanks - this is what i suspected

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
temmyt said:
Oh whao London sure is on a roll THANK GOD! They are replying emails and issuing COPRs-Way to go London!
Seamyb does your ecas show in process or is this a generic email from them.I ask because my spouse received the same email and I wonder if it is just a generic reply or if we are actually being processed. Our ecas only has app rec'd and medical rec'd.
I am so praying for am early Christmas miracle!
My Ecas just says application received and medical received. What is your timeline like?

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Hey all,

Take a look at this

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/kenney-announces-new-immigration-restrictions-for-newlyweds-1.1011651

I guess most of us are lucky that we got our applications in before now.

mattyr83

Jul 5, 2012
Hello everyone,

This has been a great week, on Wed we saw our ECAS home address change. Thursday ECAS went in process and this morning London replied to an email I sent a week ago asking if they received the additional documents I had sent earlier in the month, and London replied saying that we are approved and the COPR was issued on Oct 23 and was mailed to us in Canada the same day, so we should have it early next week in hand!!! But we are approved and it's finally over!

Good luck to everyone else and enjoy your lives in Canada once this process is finally over for you as well.

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
seamyb said:
My Ecas just says application received and medical received. What is your timeline like?
APP Rec'd in Miss: March 17/2012
Letter sent requesting Medical- JUNE/2012
Medical sent in July/2012
Rec'd approval from Mississauga July 27/2012.

My only concern is that my spouse in London is not British and I wonder if they process APPs that are British 1st or if they go according to how APPs were rec'd?

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
temmyt said:
APP Rec'd in Miss: March 17/2012
Letter sent requesting Medical- JUNE/2012
Medical sent in July/2012
Rec'd approval from Mississauga July 27/2012.

My only concern is that my spouse in London is not British and I wonder if they process APPs that are British 1st or if they go according to how APPs were rec'd?
Hey Temmy,

Obviously a British citizen born and raised in the U.K is easier to do background checks on as they should have a lot of the data at their finger tips. EU citizens are a little more time consuming as background checks are a little longer because London has to liaise with another country regarding background checks. A person applying through London who is neither British or EU will take longer and if the country in question is Pakistan considerably longer. British applicants receive no preferential treatment, their applications are only quicker because all information is either at their fingertips or can probably be easily accessed. Also obviously any phone calls and enquiries made within the U.K they are on the same working hours, whereas Asian authorities will be working different hours, so background checks will be longer.