+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sunnyshade said:
Hello!

I am applying Outland through London for a common law visa, and I am wondering at what point the passport is requested to sent off (if all goes well).
My partner and I are planning on travelling for 2 months next summer, which will be about 9 months after submitting the application.
So if anyone could help, wondering when to expect the passport request, and what happens if we are travelling and it can't be sent away immediately?
Would very much appreciate any response =) Thank you all!
Hey sunnyshade,

welcome to the forum! if all goes well, you could already have your COPR after 9 months of applying. If you're from a visa-exempt country, you won't be asked to submit the passport but only the photocopy of the first page, so you can travel...
If you're not visa exempt, it seems that it takes longer to process (presumably because of longer background checks) and it seems that London requests the passport at the very end, when they are ready to issue your visa. But nobody can tell you when that will be because it really depends on your own case...
For now, you are looking at 2 months for stage 1, after that if your file makes it to london and you have a straightforward case, and are visa-exempt it's reasonable to assume that you will be done 7 months later (if I follow what you said). But be aware that the stage 1 can take longer (happened at the beginning of the year ) and CIC is unpredictable.

I suppose if you are not able to submit your passport when asked for it, then as long as you let London know about it and tell them when you can submit your passport, you should be OK.

GOod luck with your application,
Sweden

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
COPR arrived today!!!! FINALLY!!!!

after nearly 9 months waiting, finally i got COPR from the London VO. Well, I don't actually 'get' it yet as it has been mailed to my UK address and I am in Canada so it will take another week for my family member to mail it over to me.

It is a long long process. My expectation has been stretched from 4 months to perhaps-6-months, and then to however-long-it-takes. During this long process, I have been waiting with anxiety, worry, anger, indifference, peace, all kinds of status of mind. The spiritual support to me in this waiting game is that no matter how long the waiting is, there will be a result in the end and it will come to me one day, which is the weak but never dead hope..... and of course, the information and encouragement provided by all the people (peers) in this forum! When you feel so lonely in the pain due to the most intransparent-but-you-cannot-do-anything-about-it CIC process, here in this forum, people are communicating and sending the most warm-hearted care to you. Sometimes I think perhaps God is trying to pass me a message here, which is meaningful to my next stage of life (I tranveled back and forth between Canada and UK in the past ten years, lost my Canadian immigration status in 2011 when I finally decided to come back to Canada) that I should cherish this immigration status I regained as this is the stepstone of my family life.

Today is a wonderful day to get this good news as it is such a warm and beautiful day in this wonderful season. I actually took my iphone out to take pictures of those beautiful trees, yellow, orange, red, or bare branches and I was quite happy. I have learned to enjoy the moment and everyday while waiting for a decision to come, which I had no control at all. The important part is everyday life not a visa decision, right? Saying so, I understand the feeling of people who are still waiting. Biggest empathy on you and as I said, the result will come one day, and in most cases, it is positive (CIC is slow however they are kind-hearted Canadians ;)). So I wish you all good luck, wish you have good days while waiting and I will try my best to advise on things I know.

Sincerely wish you guys good luck..................................................................

timeline
Application sent: Feb 6th
arrived in Mississauga: Feb 7th
Cic asked for missing signature on one form: May 18th
Sponsorship approved: June 11th
London asked for updated docs: Sept 18th
London start to process: Oct 5th
Ecas status with my canadian address updated: Oct 18th
COPR arrived in UK address: Oct 25th (ECAS status still shows 'in process‘)

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
scottishmaple said:
When applying for Dual Intent do you have to have your partner arrive with you at Border Control. We are seriously thinking of doing this, but to save some money I would rather not have to pay for a return flight ticket for my husband and just have him pick us up at the ariport
I came to Canada under visitor's visa before I sent my application, I did buy a return ticket. The border officer is not very strict I felt

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
temmyt said:
Quick question please, is ur UCI# the same as the application# that was sent with stage#1 approval. The one with a letter then a bunch of numbers?
UCI number is different from Application number. UCI number is 8 digit with a dash between the 4th and 5th number, while application number started with a letter and followed by 9 digits. the sponsor and the applicant will have seperate UCI numbers, when you log in with your UCI, use your personal info instead of your spouses.

Good luck

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
nmford said:
I'm just about 120 days since sponsorship approval now, however I had to send in some supplementary documentation to London.

Pretty desperate to get this done as my wife is due to give birth in 5 days.
hold up there, I sent in supplementary docs as well on Sept 18th, and my case was in process from OCT5th, COPR issued on OCT 25th. So your result will come soon!

best wishes to you and your family!

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
mattyr83 said:
Hello everyone,

On our sponsered person's ECAS today it shows the home address updated to our Canadian one. Does anyone know if this means we are close? A few people after us have already gotten COPR, and I'm hoping its going to be our turn soon. Our ECAS has not even changed from application received yet though.
my home address was updated last Thursday and the COPR is received in mail today so you can check your mail box with great hope this week or next week :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
liuminparis said:
UCI number is different from Application number. UCI number is 8 digit with a dash between the 4th and 5th number, while application number started with a letter and followed by 9 digits. the sponsor and the applicant will have seperate UCI numbers, when you log in with your UCI, use your personal info instead of your spouses.

Good luck
Congratulations to you and best of luck in Canada!
Fingers crossed mine will come soon too...
Cheers,
Sweden

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
liuminparis said:

after nearly 9 months waiting, finally i got COPR from the London VO. Well, I don't actually 'get' it yet as it has been mailed to my UK address and I am in Canada so it will take another week for my family member to mail it over to me.
Congratulations! Have a wonderful life in Canada!

GalloQuebecois

Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-05-2012
liuminparis said:

That's terrific! Congratulations! Hope to join you soon.

GalloQuebecois

Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-05-2012
Temporary Social Insurance number:

the people who are hoping to employ me in Canada want me to start ASAP.

I've told them I can't as I'm waiting for my Permanent Resident visa.

They have told me that as my sponsor has been approved and my application is in progress that I can apply for a Temporary Social Insurance number.

I don't think that this is correct.

Does anyone else have experience of this?

Many thanks!

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
liuminparis said:

It is a long long process. My expectation has been stretched from 4 months to perhaps-6-months, and then to however-long-it-takes. During this long process, I have been waiting with anxiety, worry, anger, indifference, peace, all kinds of status of mind. The spiritual support to me in this waiting game is that no matter how long the waiting is, there will be a result in the end and it will come to me one day, which is the weak but never dead hope..... and of course, the information and encouragement provided by all the people (peers) in this forum! When you feel so lonely in the pain due to the most intransparent-but-you-cannot-do-anything-about-it CIC process, here in this forum, people are communicating and sending the most warm-hearted care to you. Sometimes I think perhaps God is trying to pass me a message here, which is meaningful to my next stage of life (I tranveled back and forth between Canada and UK in the past ten years, lost my Canadian immigration status in 2011 when I finally decided to come back to Canada) that I should cherish this immigration status I regained as this is the stepstone of my family life.

Today is a wonderful day to get this good news as it is such a warm and beautiful day in this wonderful season. I actually took my iphone out to take pictures of those beautiful trees, yellow, orange, red, or bare branches and I was quite happy. I have learned to enjoy the moment and everyday while waiting for a decision to come, which I had no control at all. The important part is everyday life not a visa decision, right? Saying so, I understand the feeling of people who are still waiting. Biggest empathy on you and as I said, the result will come one day, and in most cases, it is positive (CIC is slow however they are kind-hearted Canadians ;)). So I wish you all good luck, wish you have good days while waiting and I will try my best to advise on things I know.

Sincerely wish you guys good luck..................................................................

timeline
Application sent: Feb 6th
arrived in Mississauga: Feb 7th
Cic asked for missing signature on one form: May 18th
Sponsorship approved: June 11th
London asked for updated docs: Sept 18th
London start to process: Oct 5th
Ecas status with my canadian address updated: Oct 18th
COPR arrived in UK address: Oct 25th (ECAS status still shows 'in process‘)
Congratulations!
Thank you for answering my question.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
I sent an enquiry to London 2 days ago to double check if they received my application or not as posts on this forum were worrying me. I am happy with their response.

There reply was as follows....

Hello,

Your file was received in London on 2012/09/25. It will be initially reviewed in the next few months and we will be in touch at that time if further information is required. For information on average processing times see the following web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

It may be that it is too early for information to be available through ECAS but the London office does not administer ECAS, this is done within Canada.

The following web site may be helpful: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/

Sincerely,

ARS
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
scottishmaple said:
I sent an enquiry to London 2 days ago to double check if they received my application or not as posts on this forum were worrying me. I am happy with their response.

There reply was as follows....

Hello,

Your file was received in London on 2012/09/25. It will be initially reviewed in the next few months and we will be in touch at that time if further information is required. For information on average processing times see the following web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

It may be that it is too early for information to be available through ECAS but the London office does not administer ECAS, this is done within Canada.

The following web site may be helpful: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/

Sincerely,

ARS
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
38 Grosvenor Street
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
Hey,

I did the same think last week and got this back a few days later, I was surprised I got anything.

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time. Your application has been received in London. Please find you file number above.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (VCM)

38 Grosvenor Street

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
I also emailed London yesterday (haha they will be sick if us!) and they got back to me already giving me my own UCI number and saying:

"Your file is currently under review with an immigration officer and they will be in contact should they require any further information or have any updates."

Feeling quite excited and nervous now to at least know someone is looking at it :)

Congrats to those who got COPR :)
Lets hope for more positivity from our VO :)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
johare12 said:
I also emailed London yesterday (haha they will be sick if us!) and they got back to me already giving me my own UCI number and saying:

"Your file is currently under review with an immigration officer and they will be in contact should they require any further information or have any updates."

Feeling quite excited and nervous now to at least know someone is looking at it :)

Congrats to those who got COPR :)
Lets hope for more positivity from our VO :)
I was a little disappointed that mine wasn't being looked at however your timeline says May, and from the spreadsheets alot of May June applicants are being dealt with, so this gives a good indication of where london is at right now...fingers crossed it goes smoothly for you