+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Caddboy said:
Well got an email from the London VO this morning to regretfully inform us that they lost our application and that we need to re-submit the forms, copies of our birth certs, marriage certs, Police report etc... and submit new passport photos. They were supposed to open our paper work in September, but they could not find them after looking in London and Ottawa with no success.

The only good news is that when they recieve our new paper work, it goes to the top of the pile.

Will keep you guys posted....

Cheers

Caddboy.
Wow. You seem very calm about this. At least you're reassured that you will be at the top of the pile. That makes it a little easier to take I suppose. I wish they could tell me they're doing the same with my application.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
chopsticks said:
Hi guys
I have a little question that I have been thinking about for a while now.
When I check my status online and click the sponsored person's status of "Application received"
It says that the application was received May 23, 2012. However I got an email for being approved as a sponsor and that my file had been sent to the London visa office on July 17, 2012. so shouldn't the date on the application received be July 17, 2012?
May 23, 2012 was the date it was received by the office in Mississauga.

I hope it is not a big issue and I am getting worried for no reason. :(
Hey,

it's the same for everybody, so no need to worry - it might be that London processes the file in the date they arrived in Mississauga, instead of the day they arrive in London - but it's a bit of a guess really, as I don't have much more information. But the fact that it shows the Mississauga date is normal - same for everybody else, so don't worry about it.
Cheers,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Caddboy said:
Well got an email from the London VO this morning to regretfully inform us that they lost our application and that we need to re-submit the forms, copies of our birth certs, marriage certs, Police report etc... and submit new passport photos. They were supposed to open our paper work in September, but they could not find them after looking in London and Ottawa with no success.

The only good news is that when they recieve our new paper work, it goes to the top of the pile.

Will keep you guys posted....

Cheers

Caddboy.
Sorry to hear that, that's unbelievable - and not in a good way! hope it gets processed very quickly after that...
Did you keep a copy of all the paperwork? Hope for you - fingers crossed!
Sweden

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
This is quite remarkable and the stories I hear that have come from this thread in the last 7 days have left me mystified, worried by the incompetence of what is a governmental body. This truly is shocking and the sense of being very underwhelmed by London and to a lesser extent Mississagua.
Yes there are really some horror stories and it is hard to believe that they are isolated cases. It's why I was asking about my VO AOR as I am also London based and don't have total faith that they have received my file- I've only got a month left here in the UK so want to know I've done all I can my side before I leave.

Presumably these issues are Canada Post related? I must say I have not had great experiences with them in the past.

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
This is awful so much bad news and hardly any good news to balance it on this thread. CIC need to sort the selves out its not like its a free service or anything!!!

I wish they would do an aor in London the not knowing where it is makes me feel sick!

tanomartone

Oct 11, 2012
I presume if your application has changed to "medical's received" it does not mean the process is moving along quicker?! I do not have much faith in London !!

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
chopsticks said:
Hi guys
I have a little question that I have been thinking about for a while now.
When I check my status online and click the sponsored person's status of "Application received"
It says that the application was received May 23, 2012. However I got an email for being approved as a sponsor and that my file had been sent to the London visa office on July 17, 2012. so shouldn't the date on the application received be July 17, 2012?
May 23, 2012 was the date it was received by the office in Mississauga.

I hope it is not a big issue and I am getting worried for no reason. :(
When we log into my boyfriends (the applicant) ECAS with his client no. (from applying for visitor visas etc) it says what you're seeing too, that his application was received in Mississauga on May 8, 2012.

Whereas if i log into my ECAS it says all that plus that a decision was made on August 8, 2012 etc. Mine has more information on it, but i still frantically check both! Are you applicant or sponsor? If you're the applicant, i think that is the same for most people :) Nothing to worry about i'm sure! Good luck

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Sweden said:
Sorry to hear that, that's unbelievable - and not in a good way! hope it gets processed very quickly after that...
Did you keep a copy of all the paperwork? Hope for you - fingers crossed!
Sweden
Oh my goodness what a shame for CIC.Atleast they admitted it and hopefully it will get processed as soon as they receive the new one but still its a lot of work organising all the application.Hope you have a copy of all your application

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
yeea my application is already sent... a bit relieved now.Will be in mississauga tomorrow ,got the tracking number and the woman at canadapost told be it will be signed when someone receive it.Oh Im in the witing queue now.Any one would send me the october spreadsheet or fill in my details .Thanks everyone for your help

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
londongurl said:
yeea my application is already sent... a bit relieved now.Will be in mississauga tomorrow ,got the tracking number and the woman at canadapost told be it will be signed when someone receive it.Oh Im in the witing queue now.Any one would send me the october spreadsheet or fill in my details .Thanks everyone for your help
congrats on getting the application sent, and here is the thread for october http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/october-2012-applicants-heres-our-thread-t121006.60.html you can register with them directly, not sure who is in charge of the spreadsheet but reading the thread I'm sure you'll find out.
Good luck for your stage 1!
Sweden

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Sweden said:
congrats on getting the application sent, and here is the thread for october http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/october-2012-applicants-heres-our-thread-t121006.60.html you can register with them directly, not sure who is in charge of the spreadsheet but reading the thread I'm sure you'll find out.
Good luck for your stage 1!
Sweden
Thanks Sweden I was looking for it could not find it ,thanks

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Yes luckily we made copies of everything before sending it in. Only downside is we have to redo the police background check from the UK and have it mailed to Canada then send it back to London.

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Caddboy said:
Yes luckily we made copies of everything before sending it in. Only downside is we have to redo the police background check from the UK and have it mailed to Canada then send it back to London.
Oh that meaning another 2 week but I think for the ACCRO you can ask for a resubmit in a period of 3 months ,I dont actually recall the facts but my hubby had his done in september and while filling the forms I saw that but you have to double check.wouldnt a copy of the of the police background be ok if they are the one that lost the application ,just wondering.

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Sweden said:
Hey,

it's the same for everybody, so no need to worry - it might be that London processes the file in the date they arrived in Mississauga, instead of the day they arrive in London - but it's a bit of a guess really, as I don't have much more information. But the fact that it shows the Mississauga date is normal - same for everybody else, so don't worry about it.
Cheers,
Sweden

Thank you that makes me feel so much better :)

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Laurenhannah said:
When we log into my boyfriends (the applicant) ECAS with his client no. (from applying for visitor visas etc) it says what you're seeing too, that his application was received in Mississauga on May 8, 2012.

Whereas if i log into my ECAS it says all that plus that a decision was made on August 8, 2012 etc. Mine has more information on it, but i still frantically check both! Are you applicant or sponsor? If you're the applicant, i think that is the same for most people :) Nothing to worry about i'm sure! Good luck
I am the sponsor and I am seeing the exact same thing you are seeing. phew! that really helps thanksss :)