+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
bonitanita said:
You're right. Disorganisation. Lack of professionalism. Lack of time management. Unacceptable primitive ways for information flow.

I can text my mum in London from a place where there is no cell phone service and she gets the message within seconds. Yet with something like this - I have to wait weeks to get an answer? Are they using fax machines? Morse code? Pigeons to deliver mail? Messages in bottles?
Lol @ their archaic ways, perhaps they walk to work in a caveman outfit with a club as oppose to a briefcase and laptop. Anything political seems to take an age. I think fax machine is far too new a concept. They probably process applications sitting on a Sinclair ZX81 lol.

Realistically Bonitanita I think they will get your application to London and start processing it immediately, it looks like they are finishing up the June applications and have made a start on July applications received by them. Not sure if they are doing it in order of 1st stage application received or 2nd stage received by London. Looking at the spreadsheet it is a bit hit and miss and not conclusive either way but once your application makes it to London it will be around the time your file was due to be processed either way.

Fingers crossed and lets hope we have news by sometime in November at the very least :D

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
Lol @ their archaic ways, perhaps they walk to work in a caveman outfit with a club as oppose to a briefcase and laptop. Anything political seems to take an age. I think fax machine is far too new a concept. They probably process applications sitting on a Sinclair ZX81 lol.

Realistically Bonitanita I think they will get your application to London and start processing it immediately, it looks like they are finishing up the June applications and have made a start on July applications received by them. Not sure if they are doing it in order of 1st stage application received or 2nd stage received by London. Looking at the spreadsheet it is a bit hit and miss and not conclusive either way but once your application makes it to London it will be around the time your file was due to be processed either way.

Fingers crossed and lets hope we have news by sometime in November at the very least :D
Finger crossed as said byR151NG5UN.Iwish you luck Bonitanita and may God speed up your application.I may not undergo the same thing you are enduring but I can say its very hard cause I am without my hubby living with my brother & sister in alw in Toronto been a week since I returned but living 7 months in London without work I know how it is.May god bless us all

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
That's such a nightmare Bonitanita- I hope you get some success having your file received and process in line with the correct timelines.

All- for stage 2 AOR- how has this been received by people- and is it to the sponsor or applicant?

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
ldjames said:
That's such a nightmare Bonitanita- I hope you get some success having your file received and process in line with the correct timelines.

All- for stage 2 AOR- how has this been received by people- and is it to the sponsor or applicant?
You shouldn't get AOR at stage 2 unless you have correspondence with London VO regarding extra documents, medical furtherance, expired PCC's or any other mitigating factors. When your file is transferred, you can go all the way to visa issuance without hearing or seeing any updates, even on ECAS or as mentioned above if they require something, then that will be your AOR stage 2.

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
bryandd said:
;D Yay!!!! We just checked ECAS this morning and its gone to 'In Process'!! It's dated the 18th *sigh*...almost a week of extra worrying for us....but atleast it looks like its moving!

P&B
Hey,

Congrats. We have pretty much the exact same timeline - I think we were behind you by like 2/3 days - so I'm hopinh there will be good news for me soon.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
bryandd said:
;D Yay!!!! We just checked ECAS this morning and its gone to 'In Process'!! It's dated the 18th *sigh*...almost a week of extra worrying for us....but atleast it looks like its moving!

P&B
Great to hear! hopefully you'll get a decision made soon! especially if they started processing your file on the 18th....
Mine is silent... hopefully it goes to decision made without "in process" and it'll all be done soon! a friend of mine just got approved ( he is not on the forum) and his file was received in Mississauga 5th of May - so once again they are not consistent with their dates! His file is very similar to mine though (long travel history) so it gives me hope that mine won't be delayed for another 4 months.... fingers crossed!
Cheers,
Sweden

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Sweden said:
Great to hear! hopefully you'll get a decision made soon! especially if they started processing your file on the 18th....
Mine is silent... hopefully it goes to decision made without "in process" and it'll all be done soon! a friend of mine just got approved ( he is not on the forum) and his file was received in Mississauga 5th of May - so once again they are not consistent with their dates! His file is very similar to mine though (long travel history) so it gives me hope that mine won't be delayed for another 4 months.... fingers crossed!
Cheers,
Sweden
Hope you get yours soon.A little more patience.patience that's all I can wish for you

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
I'm at a loss as to what to do. My sponsor is in Canada and cannot get any information about the processing of my file. Apparently he's not authorised. They say there's no way for him to be authorised to receive information even though he's my common-law partner and sponsor. That was the information we got from two separate CIC call centre agents.
Next I emailed London asking if my application is even there. I received an automatic reply stating I "will receive a reply within 28 days".
I can log onto e-CAS with my information and unique identifier number (I've had previous Canadian work visas), but my application only says the date it was received in Mississauga.
We've successfully passed the sponsor approval stage on June 20th, I'm one of the last applicants on our excel sheet from June who has not received any information about my file. I'm common-law, straight forward, I believe we've correctly filled in our application forms and evidence of relationship, medical results should be in London but I don't know if it is, I simply am getting very frustrated with not being able to talk to anyone from either Mississauga or London.
Can anyone give me the London email address they got a response on? This is the one I used: re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Thank you very much for reading and I'm sorry for my negativity of late. Other than this irregular and slow London processing, the entire application process up until now really hasn't been all that bad.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sarah2012 said:
I'm at a loss as to what to do. My sponsor is in Canada and cannot get any information about the processing of my file. Apparently he's not authorised. They say there's no way for him to be authorised to receive information even though he's my common-law partner and sponsor. That was the information we got from two separate CIC call centre agents.
Next I emailed London asking if my application is even there. I received an automatic reply stating I "will receive a reply within 28 days".
I can log onto e-CAS with my information and unique identifier number (I've had previous Canadian work visas), but my application only says the date it was received in Mississauga.
We've successfully passed the sponsor approval stage on June 20th, I'm one of the last applicants on our excel sheet from June who has not received any information about my file. I'm common-law, straight forward, I believe we've correctly filled in our application forms and evidence of relationship, medical results should be in London but I don't know if it is, I simply am getting very frustrated with not being able to talk to anyone from either Mississauga or London.
Can anyone give me the London email address they got a response on? This is the one I used: re-london-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
Thank you very much for reading and I'm sorry for my negativity of late. Other than this irregular and slow London processing, the entire application process up until now really hasn't been all that bad.

Hey Sarah,

the sponsor can only get information on the first stage of the application because that's the only part that is done in Canada. After that your file is sent to London, and Mississauga doesn't know much about it. So probably it doesn't really matter that your sponsor in Canada can not have information from CIC, they would not be able to tell you much anyway...

For London - that's the correct address, and since you are still within the "normal processing time" (8 months), I doubt that they will answer much.... unfortunately. AS you are able to log in in ecas, your file is probably sitting in London and waiting ... you might get an email confirming that they have your file and it is under further review, but nothing else.

Waiting is stressful for sure, I also start to feel the weight of it, so hang in there - you should hear very soon.
Cheers,
Sweden

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
Oh Sweden thank you so much. I guess I'm getting unduly stressed. I was doing reasonably well until poor Bonitanita's case. Thank you for being sensible :)

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Is the 8 month processing time for London from the date your application was received in Mississauga or from the date your application was rcvd in London?

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
bonitanita said:
Is the 8 month processing time for London from the date your application was received in Mississauga or from the date your application was rcvd in London?
The date that London receives your application.

My heart goes out to you Bonitanita!

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Hi guys
I have a little question that I have been thinking about for a while now.
When I check my status online and click the sponsored person's status of "Application received"
It says that the application was received May 23, 2012. However I got an email for being approved as a sponsor and that my file had been sent to the London visa office on July 17, 2012. so shouldn't the date on the application received be July 17, 2012?
May 23, 2012 was the date it was received by the office in Mississauga.

I hope it is not a big issue and I am getting worried for no reason. :(

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Well got an email from the London VO this morning to regretfully inform us that they lost our application and that we need to re-submit the forms, copies of our birth certs, marriage certs, Police report etc... and submit new passport photos. They were supposed to open our paper work in September, but they could not find them after looking in London and Ottawa with no success.

The only good news is that when they recieve our new paper work, it goes to the top of the pile.

Will keep you guys posted....

Cheers

Caddboy.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Caddboy said:
Well got an email from the London VO this morning to regretfully inform us that they lost our application and that we need to re-submit the forms, copies of our birth certs, marriage certs, Police report etc... and submit new passport photos. They were supposed to open our paper work in September, but they could not find them after looking in London and Ottawa with no success.

The only good news is that when they recieve our new paper work, it goes to the top of the pile.

Will keep you guys posted....

Cheers

Caddboy.
Wow I am sorry to hear that caddboy, truly I am. You seem to have accepted it and seem relatively calm, I am sure you are not though. I would be so angry and frustrated. This is as bad as Bonitanita's case and totally unacceptable, incompetent and excuse my French a p*ss take. So I assume you have to refer everything back to Mississagua 1st? Can you not file for compensation, at the very very least for new medicals, police checks, photo's and postage costs to Miss.

This is quite remarkable and the stories I hear that have come from this thread in the last 7 days have left me mystified, worried by the incompetence of what is a governmental body. This truly is shocking and the sense of being very underwhelmed by London and to a lesser extent Mississagua.

Once again Caddboy, sorry to hear what has happened and all I wish for is you to be dealt with lighting speed from this moment on.