+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Stay strong Bonitanita, it is all you can do. It is totally unacceptable. Have you tried to contact your MP back in the U.K and see if they can shed any more light on the subject. I would certainly be looking to take the matter further. It is not good enough and these documents are of vital importance and people's livelihoods hinge on them. Hopefully pushing hard will make London fast track your application when they receive it. In the meantime, is it not possible to do some voluntary work (I know that sucks and not what you want to hear) but that will reflect good when you can work and will also strengthen your C.V.

Good luck :D

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
So very upset and fed up. Haven't worked in 15 months and this dent in my resume is going to be a pain in the butt. I just turned 32 last week and really feel like I don't have time to waste sitting around anymore. I want to work and we want to get our own place and start a family. Instead, I am forced to sit here day in and day out waiting without any vision of an end to it all.

My heart goes out to you- it is really tough career-wise to go through this process as well. I suppose you are unable to use regular working visa's in the meantime?

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
They've just asked for more documents from me -- this will never end!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
R151NG5UN said:
Stay strong Bonitanita, it is all you can do. It is totally unacceptable. Have you tried to contact your MP back in the U.K and see if they can shed any more light on the subject. I would certainly be looking to take the matter further. It is not good enough and these documents are of vital importance and people's livelihoods hinge on them. Hopefully pushing hard will make London fast track your application when they receive it. In the meantime, is it not possible to do some voluntary work (I know that sucks and not what you want to hear) but that will reflect good when you can work and will also strengthen your C.V.

Good luck :D
Would my MP in London be interested in this matter? I might give it a try. Something has to be done.

I can't volunteer. We're out here in bumblef*&K land in the middle of nowhere. The nearest town is 40 minutes away and it is tiny. The city is 2 hours away.

I may do some free online courses. I need to do something.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
nmford said:
They've just asked for more documents from me -- this will never end!
what did they ask for?

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
ldjames said:
My heart goes out to you- it is really tough career-wise to go through this process as well. I suppose you are unable to use regular working visa's in the meantime?
No I don't think I can. I don't qualify. :(

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
No I don't think I can. I don't qualify.
I was sure that the IEC was 18-35 but it appears that it is for France, Spain and other countries but not for the UK which seems pretty odd. Two years ago they tried to normalise the visa and I thought this was one of the changes but apparently not.

I hope you can find a craft/ love of the outdoors or something to sustain your mind- maybe even the Open University if it interests you.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
bonitanita said:
Would my MP in London be interested in this matter? I might give it a try. Something has to be done.

I can't volunteer. We're out here in bumblef*&K land in the middle of nowhere. The nearest town is 40 minutes away and it is tiny. The city is 2 hours away.

Being totally honest I don't know if your MP in London would be interested , they very well might especially since you are a U.K citizen and a possible voter who would help keep their seat when they do the constitutary elections and they are there for the people (or supposed to be, speaking as a politic cynic). Going down any legal route is likely to be time consuming, expensive and stressful so speaking with your MP may well be the way to go, even if it only gets your application fast tracked once it arrives at London VO. Once the whole debacle is over you can look at different retrospective action.

I know about being bored beyond belief. I have managed to totally overhaul my property, whilst waiting for CIC, at this rate I will have the most luxurious apartment in my town. I get bored easily so what started out as simple redecorating is turning in to major renovations and I am only doing it because of boredom and to stop myself sitting on canadavisa.com and CIC checking my freaking ECAS every 30 minutes. I thought for sure when we applied 100% I would be in Canada before Dec 25th but now I am very unsure about that.

ldjames said:
I was sure that the IEC was 18-35 but it appears that it is for France, Spain and other countries but not for the UK which seems pretty odd. Two years ago they tried to normalise the visa and I thought this was one of the changes but apparently not.

I hope you can find a craft/ love of the outdoors or something to sustain your mind- maybe even the Open University if it interests you.
The IEC programme is for people in the U.K also but that is shut at the minute (although it must be close to opening up again). I am also not sure they would grant that visa for somebody in the middle of a PR application because the point of the programme is for people to experience Canada on a working holiday so I doubt very highly that IEC would be granted with spousal application in progress. Even if it were open it would still take a matter of weeks to be granted the visa, am I correct? Also just checked the website and applicants from the U.K have to be between 18-30 and not 18-35 like some other countries.

KatieandHarry

Oct 22, 2012
Hi Everyone,

We are new to this forum and I have found it a great comfort to read all your threads.

My partner is Canadian by birth and we currently reside together in the UK with our baby Daughter. We hope to move to Vancouver in early Spring of next year, although, perhaps this is a touch optimistic in relation to everyone else's processing times!

Our application was recieved on 31 August 2012, and my partner was approved as my sponsor on the 15 October 2012 which I think is quite good going? Our identification number has enabled us to logon to follow our application process on the CIC website. So we are currently on Stage 2, I am crossing my fingers and toes it will go quickly, although, I see from many of your posts that it is a slow process! :( The process thus far has been OK I must say though ... They have updated our status twice since my partner was granted approval as my sponsor to reflect that my PR application had arrived and medical results received, however, it is unclear as to the actual whereabouts of our application! London or Canada!

So our timeline for anyone that is interested!

Application Received: 31 August 2012
Sponsor Approval: 15 October 2012
( + 17 October updated status to reflect medical results received in relation to my PR application)

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
just curious does anyone knows what the cic do with our chat logs and photos etc if they dont return it back ,Im wondering it is a damn lots of stuff they have but where do they keep all these things ;) only curious to know lol anybody knows about it?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
rosskilgour said:
Looks great xebex! Wish I had thought of the paperclip/bulldog clips, they look so organised! Mine was just in a stack, with heading sheets printed out for each section, e.g. forms, my wife's info and evidence, mine, proof of our relationship, etc. Good luck!

On a separate note, does anyone know if Royal Mail AirSure tells you when the package has been delivered, or do they lose track of it when it leaves the UK?
they lose track of it once it leave the UK, you are better sending it with a courier company.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
londongurl said:
just curious does anyone knows what the cic do with our chat logs and photos etc if they dont return it back ,Im wondering it is a damn lots of stuff they have but where do they keep all these things ;) only curious to know lol anybody knows about it?
More than likely once everything has been finalised and they are happy with the whole process then it hits the shredder or possibly they hold it for a limited time, not sure they would keep that much paperwork for any prolonged period. :D

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
KatieandHarry said:
Hi Everyone,

We are new to this forum and I have found it a great comfort to read all your threads.

My partner is Canadian by birth and we currently reside together in the UK with our baby Daughter. We hope to move to Vancouver in early Spring of next year, although, perhaps this is a touch optimistic in relation to everyone else's processing times!

Our application was recieved on 31 August 2012, and my partner was approved as my sponsor on the 15 October 2012 which I think is quite good going? Our identification number has enabled us to logon to follow our application process on the CIC website. So we are currently on Stage 2, I am crossing my fingers and toes it will go quickly, although, I see from many of your posts that it is a slow process! :( The process thus far has been OK I must say though ... They have updated our status twice since my partner was granted approval as my sponsor to reflect that my PR application had arrived and medical results received, however, it is unclear as to the actual whereabouts of our application! London or Canada!

( + 17 October updated status to reflect medical results received in relation to my PR application)
It is good going! I am slightly jealous ;) as you have had too updates on your application on Ecas and we had sponsorship approval in September and our application status has never changed :( but as you have already saw on the forum there is no consistency when it comes to Ecas. If it is saying your meds have been received, moving in Spring may still be an option... As you will see from some peoples posts that quite often they move after sponsor approval and claim dual intent...

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
KatieandHarry said:
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the forum, and wishing you a smooth second stage! it seems that it has been going quite well for you until now, let's hope that London keeps it that way... and moving in the spring doesn't seem too optimistic to me - and there is also the possibility of moving before the COPR is issued (that's my case).

Feel free to add yourself in the London Spreadsheet - you'll find it in my signature.
Sweden

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
Quote from: bonitanita on October 22, 2012, 09:15:15 am

Being totally honest I don't know if your MP in London would be interested , they very well might especially since you are a U.K citizen and a possible voter who would help keep their seat when they do the constitutary elections and they are there for the people (or supposed to be, speaking as a politic cynic).
Hi Bonitanita- regarding getting assistance and updates. When my friend went through PR last and his application dragged on (almost double the estimated time in the end) he and his sponsor contacted their local MP in Ottawa and they were very helpful in providing information and talking to CIC.

I'm not sure to what extent they can really influence things but, if they are minded to do so, they can certainly make some extensive inquiries on your behalf. I suppose it depends on the MP somewhat but it might be worth a try- I would also suggest trying the MPP as they usually spend more time locally.