+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
canucks78 said:
Bonitanita my Ecas didnt change the whole way though my application and no mention of a medical , it was Application received until Decision made and i received my COPR a few days later!!

Dont stress too much
Thank you! That is reassuring! :)

Karo1108

Sep 25, 2012
Hi,

Our application has been received on July 9th in Canada along with my medical file but since then NO NEWS... is anyone else in this case?
We haven't received any email or letter and the online status hasn't changed since....

It seems very long and start to get frustrating :-( Any feedback would be great!!

Thanks

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Karo1108 said:
Hi,

Our application has been received on July 9th in Canada along with my medical file but since then NO NEWS... is anyone else in this case?
We haven't received any email or letter and the online status hasn't changed since....

It seems very long and start to get frustrating :-( Any feedback would be great!!

Thanks
Hi,

Just be patient. Our application was received on April 20 of this year in Mississauga and we did not hear anything untill July 20 when my wife was approved as my sponsor.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Karo1108 said:
Hi,

Thanks
Hey,

No- Do not be patient, you are outside the waiting time period, therefore if you or your S.O are living in Canada I would call CIC immediately and find out what is happening. I do not think you can call CIC regarding stage 1 if you are overseas. I would be heavily frustrated as well and certainly the time for patience has elapsed, they are working from July 26th and beyond therefore you are 2 weeks behind schedule and those figures will be updated tonight or tomorrow.

Good luck :D

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Finally, my case is In Process on Ecas. A long waiting..... and probably one more month.

Good luck to all

(application sent to Mississauga on Feb 6th, CIC asked for extra doc on May 18th; Sponsorship approved on June 11th, London VO asked for extra doc on September 27th, Ecas changed to In Process on October 10th saying they started to process on October 5th)

When I decide to apply, the timeline was four months. Now it is past 8 months and approaching 9 months. Phew!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
liuminparis said:
Finally, my case is In Process on Ecas. A long waiting..... and probably one more month.

Good luck to all

(application sent to Mississauga on Feb 6th, CIC asked for extra doc on May 18th; Sponsorship approved on June 11th, London VO asked for extra doc on September 27th, Ecas changed to In Process on October 10th saying they started to process on October 5th)

When I decide to apply, the timeline was four months. Now it is past 8 months and approaching 9 months. Phew!
Finally!!!!! Congrats liuminparis.

Have a great and wonderful life in Canada. Happy for you :D

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
Finally!!!!! Congrats liuminparis.

Have a great and wonderful life in Canada. Happy for you :D
hey thank you R151ng5un!I am glad someone is happy for my good news. I appreciate it. Hope your case will be done soon!

For me this is really a long journey. I was a Canadian PR 10 years ago but lost it as I went to U.K.. Finanlly I decided to came back to Canada with my family, especially for my two children. So far i haven't been able to work (visitor's visa) and lots of financial pressure and pressure in waiting for visa, but my kids are much happier here so it all worths it. I don't regret.

hope you have good news soon! :D

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
When your COPR is issued, how is it issued? Is it a letter?

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
liuminparis said:
hey thank you R151ng5un!I am glad someone is happy for my good news. I appreciate it. Hope your case will be done soon!

For me this is really a long journey. I was a Canadian PR 10 years ago but lost it as I went to U.K.. Finanlly I decided to came back to Canada with my family, especially for my two children. So far i haven't been able to work (visitor's visa) and lots of financial pressure and pressure in waiting for visa, but my kids are much happier here so it all worths it. I don't regret.

hope you have good news soon! :D
Congrats!! Its good to hear that you things have moved forward for you!!

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
I'm leaving Canada in a few days. I'm going to my home country to spend time with friends/family and spend the rest of the waiting time there. I'm so excited for the time I can return! I've just added my details to the London spreadsheet, if that's okay? Cheers :)

tanomartone

Oct 11, 2012
Hi all,
Im new here but have been following the thread like a hawk!

I am a UK citizen and my wife is sponsoring me, we have just passed stage one! (Outland)

How long is stage two taking on average? How long is a piece of string right?!
I presume with the amount of applications being processed in London, the full 8 months is accurate? It is BRUTAL being apart from her and I just want to get back to Canada ASAP!

Thanks!

Karo1108

Sep 25, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
Hey,

No- Do not be patient, you are outside the waiting time period, therefore if you or your S.O are living in Canada I would call CIC immediately and find out what is happening. I do not think you can call CIC regarding stage 1 if you are overseas. I would be heavily frustrated as well and certainly the time for patience has elapsed, they are working from July 26th and beyond therefore you are 2 weeks behind schedule and those figures will be updated tonight or tomorrow.

We are based in London so we cant call the call center in Canada.... I have emailed London office yesterday to see if they have received my application so lets hope they will get back to us. Is there any other way we can get an Update on the status when its passed the timeline ?
Thanks for your help :)

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
tanomartone said:
Hi all,

I am a UK citizen and my wife is sponsoring me, we have just passed stage one! (Outland)

I presume with the amount of applications being processed in London, the full 8 months is accurate? It is BRUTAL being apart from her and I just want to get back to Canada ASAP!

Thanks!
yea i can imagine how hard it is to be apart .I will be in same position as you soon as im sponsoring my husband a british citizen and im a pr of canada so has to move there alone and endure the long distant relationship but one thing i can assure you is that being from visa exempt country you can visit each other.and i was wondering if you could tell me if you sent your copies of docukment only copies or was it certified and where can it be done in london for free

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Karo1108 said:
We are based in London so we cant call the call center in Canada.... I have emailed London office yesterday to see if they have received my application so lets hope they will get back to us. Is there any other way we can get an Update on the status when its passed the timeline ?
Thanks for your help :)
Hey,

Yes I would have E-Mailed London as well, although I suspect that it wont do much good at all, London are notorious for not replying or if you do get a reply, it will be some rubbish automated message that does not help you at all. Only other things I can suggest is 1- If you have any relatives or friends inside Canada, give them all your details (as much information as you possibly can) and see if they can press CIC for answers or 2- Somehow obtain a Canadian line (You may have to google how to but I am sure you can call from England via an operator who can give you a Canadian line however this is likely to be expensive but I am sure it can be done). As for any other methods to see where your application is at, is very difficult to suggest what more you can do.

I feel for you because the waiting times are already hideous enough without more delays. Maybe you can try and E-mail CIC Mississagua, they are more likely to be more helpful than London.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
tanomartone said:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Hey,

Congrats on passing stage 1 and welcome to stage 2!!!

We have a spreadsheet that you are welcome to join and input your details. Lol @ how long is a piece of string, that pretty much sums up the 2nd stage at London VO. Although our spreadsheet is merely indicative of what the time scales are like for stage 1 and stage 2, they are better than nothing and you can try to gauge how long stage 2 may take. According to our spreadsheet, stage 2 can take anywhere from 57 days (the shortest applicant on the sheet) to 119 days (the longest applicant on the sheet). It does seem that at around the 90 day mark things seem to happen with the application i.e the application goes to "in process", "DM" or "Copr/ Visa" granted. Once again this is not gospel but these are the best figures we have.

Here is the link for the London Visa office spreadsheet. http://goo.gl/n0HsJ