+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
anyone has the contact means of London Office? My file was transferred on June 11th, 2012. I just cannot wait any longer for the result! I want to push them!!! :mad:

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
liuminparis said:
anyone has the contact means of London Office? My file was transferred on June 11th, 2012. I just cannot wait any longer for the result! I want to push them!!! :mad:
Hey,

Looking at the spreadsheet you are imminent, just 1 person in front of you. Your application does seem to have taken a long time :mad:

You can get the website address from the VO page on the CIC website. It seems London has come to a total standstill, only 2 visa's issued this month and 1 decision made. London was going quite quickly but it is so slow now. Maybe the Olympics and Paralympics had something to do with it but that should not be that much of an excuse.

Fingers crossed for those who had their applications delivered to the VO in June, hopefully they can speed through you guys and start on the July applicants.

Good luck :D

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
liuminparis said:
I think I agree with you. Its total nonsense how slow they are working. I might try and give a call to, they were doing fine until summer came about. I hope they get their fingers out and do some bloody work! I'm getting rather fusterated...not that it shows!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Herjeet said:
I think I agree with you. Its total nonsense how slow they are working. I might try and give a call to, they were doing fine until summer came about. I hope they get their fingers out and do some bloody work! I'm getting rather fusterated...not that it shows!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Agreed with you.

Looking back at last years spread sheet is depressing an average processing time of 144 days and an average 2nd stage process of 90 days. London just seems to have hit a brick wall. Next thing we will know it will be Xmas :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
R151NG5UN said:
Agreed with you.

Looking back at last years spread sheet is depressing an average processing time of 144 days and an average 2nd stage process of 90 days. London just seems to have hit a brick wall. Next thing we will know it will be Xmas :mad: :mad: :mad:
I keep telling myself that it was the Olympics, then the Paralympics... and also the summer holidays! now everybody should be back at work and approving files here and there! :) no more sun etc!
Cheers,
Sweden

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Hi All...

I lived in Ireland for 10yrs from the age of 28 to 38 (but im a brittish citizen) - Do i need to do background checks/police cert for both Ireland and England or just Ireland as i have lived outside the UK for 10yrs?

Many thanks in advance... ;)
Cheers,
Lee.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Needhelpplease said:
Hi All...

I lived in Ireland for 10yrs from the age of 28 to 38 (but im a brittish citizen) - Do i need to do background checks/police cert for both Ireland and England or just Ireland as i have lived outside the UK for 10yrs?

Many thanks in advance... ;)
Cheers,
Lee.
Hey and welcome,

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.

When they specify family they are talking about dependant children and if required your spouse. Not siblings or parents unless they are accompanying you as part of you application.

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Herjeet said:
Hi, in a desperate mood, I emailed the London office 2 days ago to inquire my case. Surprisingly, I got an email reply today as below:

re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

10:17 (12 hours ago)

to me
Good afternoon,

I can confirm that your application is currently under review and we will soon be in contact to advise of any further requirements.

Regards,
CDD

I am glad they replied to me to tell me that my case is under review. However the ECAS shows no change at all, so hopefully this is not just a courtesy format of email.....

Keep waiting..... wish good luck to myself and all the people here waiting!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
liuminparis said:
Hi, in a desperate mood, I emailed the London office 2 days ago to inquire my case. Surprisingly, I got an email reply today as below:

re-london-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

to me
Good afternoon,

I can confirm that your application is currently under review and we will soon be in contact to advise of any further requirements.

Regards,
CDD

I am glad they replied to me to tell me that my case is under review. However the ECAS shows no change at all, so hopefully this is not just a courtesy format of email.....

Given up with this silly office. Nobody is moving, time to get these May and June applicants all finished up and then start with the July and August applicants.

Thing is EVERY VO seems to be god awfully slow at the minute. 5 COPR's in the last 5 weeks!!!

Hang in there liuminparis, fingers crossed for you :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
liuminparis said:

re-london-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

to me
Good afternoon,

Regards,
CDD

Seems to be good news indeed - and it doesn't seem like an automated answer, so your file is probably under review...
as for Ecas - a lot of applicants from London went from Application received to "decision made" without in progress etc, so don't worry about it... you might just get the COPR right away without any further information... fingers crossed! :)
Good luck,
Sweden

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
hi,
can anyone tell me if the copies need to be testified by the commisioner of oath or if it can be sent only plain photocopy of passport or wedding certificate.I got married in Quebec and was wondering if i need to send the original wedding certificate which took me quite a time to get a fter chasing them. It would also be helpful if someone can tell me if I send by application from toronto where im moving back by the end of september after staying for 6 month in uk with my husband and before I was in Quebec,will it be easier or i need to get back to Quebec to sponsor my husband.
thanks

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
I've just sent a email to CIC London and asked for updates on my application. I'm wondering if enough of us do this, it might put some preasure on them?? maybe or maybe not but it might be worth a try?? Its not acceptable the rate they are working at!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nathan75

Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2012
AOR Received.
Stage 1 11-July-2012, Stage 2 27-Sep-2012
File Transfer...
11-July-2012
Med's Done....
04-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2012
LANDED..........
Soon
londongurl said:
can anyone give me the phone number to call for option c .please im looking for it cant find it
I think this is it 1-888-242-2100