+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

thisdj1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 13th 2012
Med's Done....
FEB 2012
hey does anyone no how long it takes to get through the Toronto airport when you show them your visa documents?

my hubby his permnant residancy and s coming tomorrow.

he is still working in the Uk and wilbe coming backwords and forwards every couple of months do you think that will be a problem? thanks

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Woffles said:
Not really been much movement in the last couple weeks :(
Yeah this last week had no movement whatsoever according to the spreadsheet. They looked like they were doing well for the last 2 or 3 weeks before and then suddenly back to snail pace lol

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
Anyone knows why London has frozen again?? Frustrating , only 2 months left before we move to BC. Getting scary now!

Jim12345

Jun 13, 2012
Hi Guys

I've been lurking on this forum for the last year or so, but havent posted. I just got my COPR today, so thought I'd find the time to finally make a post!

Here is my timeline:

Visa Office......: London
App. Filed.......: 22nd Feb, 2012
App Rec'd.......: 27th Feb, 2012
AOR Received......: 6th June, 2012 (email, no letter)
Sponsorship approval: 8th June, 2012 (letter)
In Process...............: Nope (went straight to decision made)
COPR ISSUED..........: 5th September 2012, (received in post, 11th September, Royal Mail Recorded Delivery)

We filed outland as Common Law partners, while living in the UK.

Thanks to everyone who keeps this invaluable resource alive for all your information and hard work, and to those still waiting, be patient, it will happen... see you in Canada!

:) :) :)

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Nothing happening at London VO since cAn Angel had DM on 4th Sept?

In the past 2 weeks barely anything has happened at the VO :'( . Perhaps now the Olympics and Paralympic's are over we might see some movement. New Delhi seem to churn out COPR's at god speed lol

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Also why does somebody on the spreadsheet keep arranging it in order of when initial file was received in Miss? Surely it is better where it is put in order of when the VO received the file, as that way it fills up in order of it being received after COPR has been issued. The way it is now just looks random although the left column looks lovely the rest looks patchy and a lot harder to see any movement.

It seems like 2 people are editing the spreadsheet and one person likes it date order of when initial file was sent out and somebody else prefers it in order of when the file was received at the VO after Sponsorship approval.

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
I got my passport back with visa attached in it plus the COPR. Yey. I am so glad its finally over. Its been such a long journey for us especially applicants from out of EU. Its been issued 29 Ausgust, posted it back 5th of Sept according to the postage date and received it here in Sweden 11 September. I am gonna let u know how the landing goes for me. A quick question though can the COPR letter be folded?
Thank you everyone for the time we had together here. You all have been helpful.
Yasiin

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Jim12345 said:
Hi Guys

I've been lurking on this forum for the last year or so, but havent posted. I just got my COPR today, so thought I'd find the time to finally make a post!

Here is my timeline:

Visa Office......: London
App. Filed.......: 22nd Feb, 2012
App Rec'd.......: 27th Feb, 2012
AOR Received......: 6th June, 2012 (email, no letter)
Sponsorship approval: 8th June, 2012 (letter)
In Process...............: Nope (went straight to decision made)
COPR ISSUED..........: 5th September 2012, (received in post, 11th September, Royal Mail Recorded Delivery)

We filed outland as Common Law partners, while living in the UK.

Thanks to everyone who keeps this invaluable resource alive for all your information and hard work, and to those still waiting, be patient, it will happen... see you in Canada!

:) :) :)
Congrats I love how fast your visa has been issued! hoping for the same :)

I have also applied as Common Law from the UK so hoping this is a good sign :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Yasiin said:
I got my passport back with visa attached in it plus the COPR. Yey. I am so glad its finally over. Its been such a long journey for us especially applicants from out of EU. Its been issued 29 Ausgust, posted it back 5th of Sept according to the postage date and received it here in Sweden 11 September. I am gonna let u know how the landing goes for me. A quick question though can the COPR letter be folded?
Thank you everyone for the time we had together here. You all have been helpful.
Yasiin
Hey Yasiin,

Congratulations! It's great to hear that you have received the COPR finally, with passport etc, now everything is in order! Good luck with the landing, but it seems that it's quite an easy process, so it should be all smooth for you from now on!
Cheers,
Sweden

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Hello Everyone,

Great to see that the London VO is actually issuing COPRs, even though there seems to be no order as to what application get approved, as people who applied after me have been issued their CORPs before me (as you'll see from the VO spreadsheet). We tried to hold off our move to Canada for as long as possible, but as I had a job offer to come back to, the wife (whom I'm sponsoring) organized to work for her UK company from here in Canada until such time as they found a replacement for her or her COPR was issued (thank GOD for the internet and modern technology)

The arrival at the airport went pretty smoothly, as the border officer acknowledged that my wife was in the process of being sponsored to move / live here, he stamped my wife's passport for 6 month visit and told us to come back and get it re-stamped if the COPR was still not issued after the 6 months (hope we don't have to do that), which is great news as this whole process is taking alot longer than originally anticipated. Our daughters immigrated using their newly issued Certificates of Canadian Citizenship and I declared all the items we shipped to Canada which is alot easier than it may first appear. (Border officer appreciated the fact that I had an excel spreadsheet of all the items and their value printed out, along with the filled out paper work). Also my experience with clearing the items at customs after they arrived in the country was really easy as well.

I've also exchanged my UK driver's license for an Alberta driver's license which was really easy (all I had to do was take an eye test (5 min) and pay them the fee). I've also got myself and my daughters signed up for Alberta Health Care which was just the matter of filling in some paper work at a registry office. Next is to get SIN numbers for them and re-activate mine as I have been outside of Canada for over 5 years.

Fingers crossed that my wife's COPR arrives within the next month (mid October). Might have to go get my wife a "Canadian" Halloween costume this year so she can pretend to be a Canadian for one day....lol!

wishing you all the best.

PS
Autumn has arrived here and things are cooling down....dress warmly.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Caddboy said:
Hello Everyone,

Great to see that the London VO is actually issuing COPRs, even though there seems to be no order as to what application get approved, as people who applied after me have been issued their CORPs before me (as you'll see from the VO spreadsheet). We tried to hold off our move to Canada for as long as possible, but as I had a job offer to come back to, the wife (whom I'm sponsoring) organized to work for her UK company from here in Canada until such time as they found a replacement for her or her COPR was issued (thank GOD for the internet and modern technology)
Hey Caddboy,

Congrats to you and I am sure COPR is just around the corner for yourself :D. Hope you are enjoying Canada.

I think as the spreadsheet stands at the moment they are processing in what order they were received by the VO for the majority (there are some exceptions, mitigating circumstances? lack of documents?)

Yours looks like it is imminent going by the list and fingers crossed for you, you will have that COPR within the next week or so.

Good luck :D

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Cheers R151NGSUN.....my wife is getting a little anixous, as she's made a lot of buisness contact here and wants to start working in Canada. She's also travelling back to the UK at the end of September for a week and if her COPR is issued before then, it would allow her to activate it when she comes back to Canada.

Then we have to look at getting a Super Visa appication for her mom under way......fun times ahead.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Caddboy said:
Cheers R151NGSUN.....my wife is getting a little anixous, as she's made a lot of buisness contact here and wants to start working in Canada. She's also travelling back to the UK at the end of September for a week and if her COPR is issued before then, it would allow her to activate it when she comes back to Canada.

Then we have to look at getting a Super Visa appication for her mom under way......fun times ahead.
I am cheering on all of you guys who had your application arrive at the VO in May and June so badly because I know once you guys are approved and have your COPR's that you have waited so long for then they can start July's batch :D :D :D.

I am like your wife, very anxious now especially as my meds only have 7 weeks left on them and I just want to be with my wife oh so bad. If I never had a mortgage here I would have waited this out in Canada, but with the uncertainty of the application it is a huge risk to sell up and leave in case there are any complications. My wife is desperate for me to be there and I am desperate to be with her. Hoping badly to be in Canada to spend my first Xmas with my family.

London VO has really slowed down a lot since mid late August, only 1 or 2 COPR's a week. Hopefully there will be a surge of them so all those waiting can be with their loved ones.

Good luck Caddboy and fingers crossed for your COPR and your Super Visa for your Wife's mum ;D

s2gordon

Feb 10, 2012
I decided not to log onto ecas for a while lol and finally cracked and looked an yay 1 more step closer. My papers are 'in process' as of August 28th :) :) but I do know I'll have a bit of a delay as I could not do the X-ray for the meds as I'm expecting :) so im hoping I'll have my copr by Xmas!! Wish me luck :):) and congrats to all those that have received theirs!! It's so exciting :) pls update the spreadsheet for me I don wan to mess anything up lol me and excel don't get along!

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
My application still says on ECAS...Application Received 19 March 2012. No movement :( Let hope us June applicants get some response as well as the remainder of May App's!