+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
riders2012 said:
Application was approved July 26th 2012 so still quite a wait then.She want to come here at the end of september is it really worth the money she would have to spend?
You timeline is similar to mine and my hope is to be in Canada before the end of the year hopefully Mid November if I am being truthful.

It is always worth spending money to be with your S/O but flights can be expensive but it also so hard the time apart from your loved one. Flights are relatively cheap out of season (Late September, October and November) I think you can get a return for about £450-£500 depending on what airport you land at.

riders2012

Jul 13, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
You timeline is similar to mine and my hope is to be in Canada before the end of the year hopefully Mid November if I am being truthful.

It is always worth spending money to be with your S/O but flights can be expensive but it also so hard the time apart from your loved one. Flights are relatively cheap out of season (Late September, October and November) I think you can get a return for about £450-£500 depending on what airport you land at.
Well i hope the best for you and your family.my point was i didnt want her come come here and spend the money and go home and have to find that money all over of course i would rather have nothingless then for her to be here but we waited this long what is 2 or 3 more months then that would be money in our pockets to start life right

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
riders2012 said:
Well i hope the best for you and your family.my point was i didnt want her come come here and spend the money and go home and have to find that money all over of course i would rather have nothingless then for her to be here but we waited this long what is 2 or 3 more months then that would be money in our pockets to start life right
hey riders2012,

Welcome to the forum! if you want to be added to the spreadsheet, you can either add yourself ( the link is in my signature), or if you don't feel comfortable, then let me know and I'll add you : when did you send your application/when received in CIC / approval (26th July if I understand right).

One other option, if your wife is from a visa exempt country, is for her to move before the PR is issued. She would have to come as a tourist, which means that she can not work and has not access to healthcare, but at least you would be together. If she comes in November, then probably your PR would be not far from there, and you could wait together - then once the PR is issued she only needs to activate it (complete landing procedures) - either by booking an appointment at CIC offices, or going to the nearest border (US most likely).

I'll do that - so i don't need to wait until I get the PR approved...
Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
R151NG5UN said:
Thanks for your reply Sweden,

As my file transfer is very similar to yours I shall be keeping my open on how quickly/ slowly you are processed. Is processing done in order of when VO receives file or when initial application was received in Mississagua? Looking at that spreadsheet it looks very much like it is processed from when London VO receives the file.

On a side note liuminparis (who is No 24 on the spreadsheet) has a bunch of stars on column L (Sponsor approval time) What do those stars indicate as there is no key or reference to what they actually mean.

Many thanks again :p
My guess is that it's processed in the order received in London, but they might have another system! :) it's CIC after all.
No idea about the stars - maybe the person was asked for extra documents that delayed the process? Pinklady used to be in charge of the spreadsheet, so she might be able to answer if you send her a PM.

I'm aiming at 3 months :) but of course... no idea when I'll get my PR. My file has been there for almost 2 now, so it would be great to hear soon...

Good luck - and I'll post here as soon as I have something!
Sweden

almostsean1

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/July/2012
AOR Received.
23/August/2012
File Transfer...
28/August/2012
Med's Done....
06/July/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2013
LANDED..........
19/03/2013
Does being visa exempt mean i don't have to submit my passport, or is there still a chance i will have to?

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
R151NG5UN said:
On a side note liuminparis (who is No 24 on the spreadsheet) has a bunch of stars on column L (Sponsor approval time) What do those stars indicate as there is no key or reference to what they actually mean.
I think it means that person had something unusual occur that delayed their application, to let others know not to take their timeline as indicative.

I know liuminparis had a missing signature requested before sponsor approval was granted and that held things up for a few weeks.

When I complete the 'Time from sponsor approval to PPR/COPR' box I'll be putting stars around my number due to the delays caused by medical furtherance (I've been 'In Process' since late July so it's kind of horrifying).

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
almostsean1 said:
Does being visa exempt mean i don't have to submit my passport, or is there still a chance i will have to?
No - they will request photocopies but not your passport. I haven't seen anybody being requested a passport so far on that thread ( for visa exempt).

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Deficient said:
I think it means that person had something unusual occur that delayed their application, to let others know not to take their timeline as indicative.

I know liuminparis had a missing signature requested before sponsor approval was granted and that held things up for a few weeks.

When I complete the 'Time from sponsor approval to PPR/COPR' box I'll be putting stars around my number due to the delays caused by medical furtherance (I've been 'In Process' since late July so it's kind of horrifying).
Hope it won't delay too much, but for now you are within the timeline as nobody else has gotten "in process" or "decision made" for the June approvals... I hope we'll see lots of good news this week! my file has been in London in 7 weeks, now it's time to open it! :)
Sweden

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
We're right behind you Sweden! We've also decided that we're flying off this island on Nov 28th. We've booked the shipping company for all our stuff, booked the dogs on their swanky Air Canada flight and we'll book our cheap seats on Air Transat this week! We have a house lined up in Edmonton, and a car...all we need is the COPR paper work! Hopefully it arrives before we leave, but we're going regardless!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bryandd said:
We're right behind you Sweden! We've also decided that we're flying off this island on Nov 28th. We've booked the shipping company for all our stuff, booked the dogs on their swanky Air Canada flight and we'll book our cheap seats on Air Transat this week! We have a house lined up in Edmonton, and a car...all we need is the COPR paper work! Hopefully it arrives before we leave, but we're going regardless!
Well done! We've booked the flights ticket already, and today finishing packing of the flat... still looking for a shipping company! (any suggestions are welcome!)... touring Europe to see friends and family for a month before leaving, and then off to Canada! leaving Oct 10th.
Nov 28th - you'll probably have the COPR by then, so you can land on arrival - I'll probably go to the US for a day (heading to Vancouver /Vancouver Island, so not an issue...).

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
bryandd said:
How exciting! I hope you have a nice mild 1st winter here like we did last year, where in Edmonton are you going to be? We're just outside in Stony Plain!

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
@ Canooknic - Yay! We're coming to Stony Plain too! Well, a farm just north of Stony. We've lived in Edmonton before; I did a student exchange in the 2nd year of my undergrad and spent a whole year at U of A. That was in 2009 and apparantly it was the mildest winter on record. Can't wait to get back, I really like Alberta. My husband is a BC boy, but he's spent a lot of time in the prairies too. Besides any kind of weather will be a nice change from the continuous cold, gray and wet that we have here in 'sunny' old Glasgow.

@ Sweden - Our shipping company is based in Aberdeen, Scotland. I'm not sure if they do Sweden.. :), but they are called Simply Ship, reasonalbly priced and good service ... so far. Good luck with your packing, its an epic job isn't it! Oct 10th is coming up fast, you'll be there in no time!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bryandd said:
@ Sweden - Our shipping company is based in Aberdeen, Scotland. I'm not sure if they do Sweden.. :), but they are called Simply Ship, reasonalbly priced and good service ... so far. Good luck with your packing, its an epic job isn't it! Oct 10th is coming up fast, you'll be there in no time!
thanks for the tip - i just asked for a quotation, as it seems that they do ship from Sweden! packing is a bit of a nightmare but we are not taking that many things ( no furniture) so the question is more what to do with what's left! :) 10th of October is arriving fast but we are packing tomorrow at the latest as we are going to holidays for one month after that... :) looking forward to the big move though!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
bryandd said:
@ Canooknic - Yay! We're coming to Stony Plain too! Well, a farm just north of Stony. We've lived in Edmonton before; I did a student exchange in the 2nd year of my undergrad and spent a whole year at U of A. That was in 2009 and apparantly it was the mildest winter on record. Can't wait to get back, I really like Alberta. My husband is a BC boy, but he's spent a lot of time in the prairies too. Besides any kind of weather will be a nice change from the continuous cold, gray and wet that we have here in 'sunny' old Glasgow.
Well, small world!! I have a friend on an acreage north of here.
We have just moved into a new community called South Creek, near the golf course. We are basically living on a building site because they only started building last summer and havent even finished the first phase yet - but one day it will be peaceful and beautiful!! ;D
It is wonderful and sunny with a clear blue sky today, I certainly don't miss those UK grey skies!!! My little boys were looking at pictures from England and asked why the sky looked so sad - my response was "because it doesn't get to live in Canada like us!"!

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
hi ,anyone out there has hired the help of a sollicitor or done your spouse application on your own,any suggestion as I am up to sponsor my husband outland via london office,He is british and ive pr in canada.
thanks guys