+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
canucks78 said:
Hi, I checked my E-Cas this morning and it's changed to DECISION MADE!!!
yeah! one more!! that's great news! seems like London Office has finished watching the Olympics and now they are back to send it out COPR!
Congratulations!
Sweden

Grizzlybear

Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Interview........
05-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013
Does London Visa Office send an AOR of any type (email, mail?)

canucks78

May 29, 2012
Thanks!

Does anyone know once it changes how long it takes to get the letter? I'm flying out to Canada next Tuesday on holiday and am hoping it will come before then!

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Yay! Congrats Canucks78!!!

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
canucks78 said:
Hi, I checked my E-Cas this morning and it's changed to DECISION MADE!!!

Congrats Canucks78!!!!!!!
Can you please share- When was your file transfered to London?
I just want a rough idea on the month they are working on.
Thanks!

canucks78

May 29, 2012
No problem.

Application received 21/02/12
Sponsorship approval/transfer to London 09/05/12
My e-cas didn't changed from application received the whole way through until today and now it gives further info of they started working on it 24/08/12 and medical was received.

Hope that helps and thanks!

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
canucks78 said:
No problem.

Application received 21/02/12
Sponsorship approval/transfer to London 09/05/12
My e-cas didn't changed from application received the whole way through until today and now it gives further info of they started working on it 24/08/12 and medical was received.

Hope that helps and thanks!

Thank you kindly.

I guess they are working on early May then. Congrats again!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
well - looking at the spreadsheet a few applicants also got an answer and it was received end of May, so hopefully it is our turn soon!
Sweden

Smarton

Aug 27, 2012
Hi everyone!

I just had my medical tests done today, and my husband is going to be sponsoring me as his spouse :)

My most recent entry into Canada was Dec 29, 2011 and I was granted a TRP that will expire Jan 13, 2013. I have been with my partner for almost 4 years. We found out that we were pregnant in June and decided to get married. So we had a civil ceremony in Ottawa earlier this month and he will be sponsoring me as his spouse.

My questions are:

- I'm British, so I plan on applying as an "outland", because the processing time is shorter, and as a Brit, I can stay here with my TRP (which hopefully will get renewed, as my due date is January 31, 2013...!!! and I want to have my baby in Canada, with my husband present). Can I use the address that CIC has on file for me - which is my Canada address - if I'm applying as an "outland spouse"? On the CIC website it says that I can come and go as I please, since I'm from a "visa exempt" country.. but can I keep the address as my Canadian one?

- After the "eligibility review" can I then take that letter and apply for OHIP? We've already spent a small fortune on medical costs, and I'm still a little under halfway through my pregnancy. While we are prepared for the cost of the baby's birth, it would be much better if we didn't have to pay $10,000. I'm hoping the eligibility thing will come in quickly.. :s

- Also, I noticed in the guide, it states:

If you are married

You can sponsor the person as your spouse if your marriage is a legally valid civil marriage. If your spouse is of the:

- opposite sex and your marriage took place outside Canada, the marriage must be valid both under the laws of the jurisdiction where it took place and under Canadian law;
- same sex, the marriage will be recognized for immigration purposes, where the marriage:
was legally performed in Canada, or
if performed outside of Canada, the marriage must be legally recognized according to both the law of the place where the marriage occurred and under Canadian law.

So does this mean that since our marriage took place INSIDE Canada, that I am not able to apply as an outland person? Which seems strange, as this is not the case for same-sex marriages..?!

- And finally.. :) Will the London office need my passport? I realise that I may have to go home for an interview, but if they have my passport, will they keep it for a long time? Can it just be mailed to them or do I actually have to physically present my passport to them?

I really appreciate any help or advice any of you can provide.
Good luck with all of your applications! It's been awesome seeing how fast the turnaround time has been for some of you with the London VO! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Smarton said:
Hi everyone!

I just had my medical tests done today, and my husband is going to be sponsoring me as his spouse :)

My most recent entry into Canada was Dec 29, 2011 and I was granted a TRP that will expire Jan 13, 2013. I have been with my partner for almost 4 years. We found out that we were pregnant in June and decided to get married. So we had a civil ceremony in Ottawa earlier this month and he will be sponsoring me as his spouse.

My questions are:

- I'm British, so I plan on applying as an "outland", because the processing time is shorter, and as a Brit, I can stay here with my TRP (which hopefully will get renewed, as my due date is January 31, 2013...!!! and I want to have my baby in Canada, with my husband present). Can I use the address that CIC has on file for me - which is my Canada address - if I'm applying as an "outland spouse"? On the CIC website it says that I can come and go as I please, since I'm from a "visa exempt" country.. but can I keep the address as my Canadian one? yes no problem, you can file outland even if you have a canadian address. The only problem is that if you are asked for an interview you will have to fly back to the UK but that's unlikely

- After the "eligibility review" can I then take that letter and apply for OHIP? We've already spent a small fortune on medical costs, and I'm still a little under halfway through my pregnancy. While we are prepared for the cost of the baby's birth, it would be much better if we didn't have to pay $10,000. I'm hoping the eligibility thing will come in quickly.. :s no - you won't have access to medical care after the first stage, that's only for inland process - and the first part of inland is 11 months, so not an option for you. So - you will really have to plan for something for your delivery - you won't be covered by medical insurance in Canada

- Also, I noticed in the guide, it states:

If you are married

You can sponsor the person as your spouse if your marriage is a legally valid civil marriage. If your spouse is of the:

- opposite sex and your marriage took place outside Canada, the marriage must be valid both under the laws of the jurisdiction where it took place and under Canadian law;
- same sex, the marriage will be recognized for immigration purposes, where the marriage:
was legally performed in Canada, or
if performed outside of Canada, the marriage must be legally recognized according to both the law of the place where the marriage occurred and under Canadian law.

So does this mean that since our marriage took place INSIDE Canada, that I am not able to apply as an outland person? Which seems strange, as this is not the case for same-sex marriages..?! you can apply outland even if you are in the country, no problem. It's even encouraged on CIC website if you are in Canada and from a visa-exempt

- And finally.. :) Will the London office need my passport? I realise that I may have to go home for an interview, but if they have my passport, will they keep it for a long time? Can it just be mailed to them or do I actually have to physically present my passport to them? no - you don't need to send your passport or attend. Since December 2011, visa-exempt nationals don't have to send their passport anymore, you might have to send a copy of your passport, and you will get the COPR (confirmation of PR) sent to the address you indicate on your application - so in Canada for you. Then you will have to officially "land" - exit the country at the nearest US border, and re-enter to complete landing formalities. Apparently sometimes it can be done at an international airport, but information on that is confusing, so call ahead to check. Other option is to take an appointment at a CIC office and complete the procedures there (but only possible if you can get a date before your COPR expires).

Good luck on your application, and congratulations on your pregnancy!
Sweden

I really appreciate any help or advice any of you can provide.
Good luck with all of your applications! It's been awesome seeing how fast the turnaround time has been for some of you with the London VO! :)

Smarton

Aug 27, 2012
@Sweden,

Thank you so much! :D that is really helpful! I didn't think it would be likely that I would be eligible for medical coverage in time for the baby's arrival, so we do have a contingency plan.. But it would have been nice ;)

We're not far from the US boarder, as we're just south of Ottawa. So it will be a nice day trip, when the time comes :)

I'm glad that I won't have to part with my passport or have to take a trip home.. That is wonderful!

Thank you again. We are just getting all these forms filled out and hope to have them sent out ASAP.

thisdj1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 13th 2012
Med's Done....
FEB 2012
Thanks everyone ! so happy ! does anyone no how long it will take to receive anything in writing after they have come to a descion? i tried to call today but there just always busy!

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Just a general question but anyone ever flown with Canadian affair?im flying with them tomorrow and just want to know if I can take a handbag/purse as well as hand luggage? :) I know all airlines are different haha

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
johare12 said:
Just a general question but anyone ever flown with Canadian affair?im flying with them tomorrow and just want to know if I can take a handbag/purse as well as hand luggage? :) I know all airlines are different haha
I have flown with them several times and I'm sure I've taken my handbag & a carry-on, I'm sure my mom did last year too. I have kids now though so everything just gets thrown in a backpack when we fly!!

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Canooknic said:
I have flown with them several times and I'm sure I've taken my handbag & a carry-on, I'm sure my mom did last year too. I have kids now though so everything just gets thrown in a backpack when we fly!!
Ive flown with then before but didn't take a handbag that time. I just know people like easy jet are against it so wanted to double check :) x