+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Tweety35 said:
hi all,

so the big day is for myself tommorow ... im flying out and migrating ... my box is packed and shipping on monday and my bags are packed and paperwork all with me going over everything to make sure i have all the correct paperwork touch wood. :)

wish me luck ;) and ill let you know how the experience goes when i land ;)
Good luck indeed, lots of excitement! safe flights and travels!
Sweden

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Tweety35 said:
hi all,

so the big day is for myself tommorow ... im flying out and migrating ... my box is packed and shipping on monday and my bags are packed and paperwork all with me going over everything to make sure i have all the correct paperwork touch wood. :)

wish me luck ;) and ill let you know how the experience goes when i land ;)
Good luck! Hope you have an amazing time.

P

Tweety35

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
File Transfer...
jan 2012
Med's Done....
19th april
Passport Req..
12th august
VISA ISSUED...
26th august
LANDED..........
hey guys,

thank you ever so much ... lets see what happen last minute packing and checking paperwork ;) .... will let you know once i have landed ;)

thankyou

stuabroad

May 11, 2012
pinklady said:
Hey Everyone,
I know I havent been on here at all recently, I have just been busy with work etc and don't get as much time as i'd like.
I can see there have been many updates in the last month or so. I have changed the settings on the spreadsheet so that anyone can edit so feel free to update your own details and add yourself.
Just in case, the login details are londonvisaoffice @ gmail.com, password is londonvr.
Good luck to everyone in the process and i'll check back from time to time to see how everyone is getting on.
Pink lady xx
hi Pink Lady, got your info from BritishExpats.com. I just added myself (stuabroad) but not sure if i did it properly. Doesn't seem to calculate anything...!

Spousal PR via London: App Sent 4/5/12 | Received CPC-M 7/5/12 |Sponsor Approval 7/8/12 |

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
stuabroad said:
hi Pink Lady, got your info from BritishExpats.com. I just added myself (stuabroad) but not sure if i did it properly. Doesn't seem to calculate anything...!

Spousal PR via London: App Sent 4/5/12 | Received CPC-M 7/5/12 |Sponsor Approval 7/8/12 |
Hey Stuabroad,

Some formulas were missing in the spreadsheet, so I added them, now it says that your sponsorship approval was reached in 92 days...
Welcome to the forum and good luck with stage 2 - your approval was received 7th August, that's correct? just checking as North Americans and Brits tend to put the dates in reverse order...

Cheers,
Sweden

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
I'm still awaiting for my wife's stage to to be processed and in the mean time we have booked tickets to move this November. We are moving from England and my question is this: what and who can I get medical insurance for my misses? Any recommedations? Thanks! ::)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Herjeet said:
I'm still awaiting for my wife's stage to to be processed and in the mean time we have booked tickets to move this November. We are moving from England and my question is this: what and who can I get medical insurance for my misses? Any recommedations? Thanks! ::)
hey Herjeet,

I'm looking into the same issue, as I am also moving before my PR.
You can check with your credit card, if you used it to buy your trip - mine covers quite a few things, so you might not need a full coverage.

I have also used in the past "world nomad" http://www.worldnomads.com/ and it was quite efficient... and you can choose to have for a few weeks and extend it before it expires, until your PR arrives ( and well - 3 months after that as I understood that newly arrived PR in Canada are not covered until 3 months after landing).

If you find something else, let me know!
thanks,
Sweden

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Hello all,

just a quick question.

We received a UCI number from immigration the other day. When i want to log in and check our status, would i put my last name, D.O.B etc (as the person who is sponsoring) or do i log in with that number and my boyfriends information (person being sponsored)?

Thanks so much! Hope London remains quick at processing!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Laurenhannah said:
Hello all,

just a quick question.

We received a UCI number from immigration the other day. When i want to log in and check our status, would i put my last name, D.O.B etc (as the person who is sponsoring) or do i log in with that number and my boyfriends information (person being sponsored)?

Thanks so much! Hope London remains quick at processing!!
You should put UCI + sponsor data, or file number ( starting with F) + applicant data. Unless the UCI has been given to you by London VO, in that case it is the UCI for the applicant! :)

remember - only last name, no first name etc, otherwise it won't work.
Good luck with your application,
Sweden

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Sweden said:
You should put UCI + sponsor data, or file number ( starting with F) + applicant data. Unless the UCI has been given to you by London VO, in that case it is the UCI for the applicant! :)

remember - only last name, no first name etc, otherwise it won't work.
Good luck with your application,
Sweden
Hi Sweden,

So in the letter i got from CIC Mississauga to tell me i was approved as a sponsor, they gave me the UCI then. So i would put that number in and my info then? Its not finding my file for some reason, do you think it may be because i only received the number a few days ago?

Thanks so much for your help!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Laurenhannah said:
Hi Sweden,

So in the letter i got from CIC Mississauga to tell me i was approved as a sponsor, they gave me the UCI then. So i would put that number in and my info then? Its not finding my file for some reason, do you think it may be because i only received the number a few days ago?

Thanks so much for your help!
yes - it takes a while for ecas to be updated and it's not very reliable. Some applicants reported that they have to put in the info twice in a row to get it working, and it can take from 3 to 5 days ( or more) to be able to login...
UCI in the sponsor letter - then it is definitely with your own info as a sponsor. Give it a few days. It probably won't say much though! :) with the UCI when you log in you can see the sponsorship part ( which in your case should read "decision made" + "we have sent you a letter on that date regarding the application for PR for..."), and the applicant part, usually "application received" - once you click on that, you will after a few days see "application received + medical received"... my file has been sitting in London for a month now and nothing has changed - so ecas is a bit useless, even if it's nice to be able to log in once in a while...

Good luck for the waiting part - London is a fast VO though....
Have a great week end,
Sweden

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Sweden said:
yes - it takes a while for ecas to be updated and it's not very reliable. Some applicants reported that they have to put in the info twice in a row to get it working, and it can take from 3 to 5 days ( or more) to be able to login...
UCI in the sponsor letter - then it is definitely with your own info as a sponsor. Give it a few days. It probably won't say much though! :) with the UCI when you log in you can see the sponsorship part ( which in your case should read "decision made" + "we have sent you a letter on that date regarding the application for PR for..."), and the applicant part, usually "application received" - once you click on that, you will after a few days see "application received + medical received"... my file has been sitting in London for a month now and nothing has changed - so ecas is a bit useless, even if it's nice to be able to log in once in a while...

Good luck for the waiting part - London is a fast VO though....
Have a great week end,
Sweden
Thanks so much for your help Sweden, much appreciated!! I will leave it a few days and try again :) London does seem to be getting through them rather quickly, hope it stays that way! I hope you hear soon!! Have a great weekend :) Thanks again.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
I'm not expecting anyone to have one but....does anyone know of any Air Canada discount codes floating around at the moment? I've convinced my Mom to come and visit us so I'm trying to save a bit of cash!!

Let me know xxx

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Canooknic said:
I'm not expecting anyone to have one but....does anyone know of any Air Canada discount codes floating around at the moment? I've convinced my Mom to come and visit us so I'm trying to save a bit of cash!!

Let me know xxx
I received this code for 10% off air canada flights if you use Mastercard. i got it last month and have no idea when it expired/expires.

3GGNQW81

worth a try perhaps :)