+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hey Everyone,
I know I havent been on here at all recently, I have just been busy with work etc and don't get as much time as i'd like.
I can see there have been many updates in the last month or so. I have changed the settings on the spreadsheet so that anyone can edit so feel free to update your own details and add yourself.
Just in case, the login details are londonvisaoffice@gmail.com, password is londonvr.
Good luck to everyone in the process and i'll check back from time to time to see how everyone is getting on.
Pink lady xx

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Tweety35 said:
hey rosielee

lol i know but the way i look at it ... who cares about money when you can start a new life in canada ;) .... just another question to anyone ... drivers licence how will it work when i get to canada for driving and exchanging my drivers licence for a canadian one or will i have to sit a drivers test again to be able to drive ?
Generally your ok for a while, but ultimately you will have to retake, and Sweden is right, different Provinces have different requirements.

almostsean1

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/July/2012
AOR Received.
23/August/2012
File Transfer...
28/August/2012
Med's Done....
06/July/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2013
LANDED..........
19/03/2013
Hi at what stage can you check ECAS?

And what information do i need to access it?

Thanks

Sean

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
almostsean1 said:
Hi at what stage can you check ECAS?

And what information do i need to access it?

Thanks

Sean
Hey Sean,

you can check ecas once you have been approved as a sponsor. The email or letter for sponsorship approval will have a UCI (unique client identifier) and a file number, and that's what you use to check ecas. Alternatively, if you have had to deal with CIC before (visa process, PR, etc), then you can use your UCI and see if anything comes up - but typically ecas will not be updated until you have the first stage approved ( and it's not updated right away, most of the time it takes 2 to 3 days).

Good luck with your application,
Sweden

almostsean1

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/July/2012
AOR Received.
23/August/2012
File Transfer...
28/August/2012
Med's Done....
06/July/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2013
LANDED..........
19/03/2013
Sweden said:
Hey Sean,

you can check ecas once you have been approved as a sponsor. The email or letter for sponsorship approval will have a UCI (unique client identifier) and a file number, and that's what you use to check ecas. Alternatively, if you have had to deal with CIC before (visa process, PR, etc), then you can use your UCI and see if anything comes up - but typically ecas will not be updated until you have the first stage approved ( and it's not updated right away, most of the time it takes 2 to 3 days).

Good luck with your application,
Sweden
Thanks very much for the information. So glad i found this forum, its very helpful.

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yasiin said:
Hi everyone!
My file got stuck somewhere in London office. Its been one year and month since we first submitted the app. Interview was done and approved in January 2012. Background/Security check has been completed and approved in April. Medicals expired and reassessed again and further medical exam (just Chest X-ray) was requested in June and was submitted in 2 July. How long do you guys think its gonna take for the medical office to work on it and reach the decision because it is way past the standard processing time in London? I have sent an inquiry earlier and it seems they dont want to answer: Your thought and experience are needed here.

Yasiin
Hi Yasiin

Sorry to hear about your delayed application. I dont know what went wrong with your application but its in final review stage and then PPR will be issued which may take upto 2 months max after you submit medical. Nothing you can do really as I have been reading people in same scenario. So have patience .

I would suggest you to try sending email with subject "URGENT File No. XXXXX" at london-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca. Also include you details
File Number: xxxxxxxxxx
Client ID No.: xxxxxxxxxxx
Full Name: xxxxxxxxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Address: xxxxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone Number: xxxxxxxxx

I used same pattern to update them with my change of address and they did reply.

They shouldn't ignore your email and be able to update you with case status as you've passed standard processing time.

Wish you best of luck

Thanks

F

Tweety35

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
File Transfer...
jan 2012
Med's Done....
19th april
Passport Req..
12th august
VISA ISSUED...
26th august
LANDED..........
hey guys,

want to ask a question about transfering funds across to canada....

If i wanted to transfer money across to my wifes bank account in canada would that be possiable and straight forward? my account is with rbs in the uk.

also even though I am sponsored by my wife i still am going to get a papercopy of my funds to support me until i get a job in canada just to show immigration for landing purpose even though i know it is not needed would this by wise?

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
Yasin u will recieve ppr on the last friday of this month before 30 th of this month.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Tweety35 said:
hey guys,

want to ask a question about transfering funds across to canada....

If i wanted to transfer money across to my wifes bank account in canada would that be possiable and straight forward? my account is with rbs in the uk.

also even though I am sponsored by my wife i still am going to get a papercopy of my funds to support me until i get a job in canada just to show immigration for landing purpose even though i know it is not needed would this by wise?
I don't know about RBS but I was with HSBC and there was a link on my on-line banking to send money overseas. It cost (I think) £25 to transfer and $17 to receive it here with BMO.
It's always handy to have evidence just in case, just stick it in your bag. My fiancée wasn't asked about his finances at all when he landed

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi zaig

what do you say about mine .. my case went in process on 4th July after interview.
when should I expect PPR

Thanks

F

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
Hi fahad u may expect december this year it could be earlier but in ur case it can extand to january feb because high commission goes slow after 15 december to 15 jan because staff are on vacation for xmass and new year ur due date is january any way

Tweety35

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
File Transfer...
jan 2012
Med's Done....
19th april
Passport Req..
12th august
VISA ISSUED...
26th august
LANDED..........
Canooknic said:
I don't know about RBS but I was with HSBC and there was a link on my on-line banking to send money overseas. It cost (I think) £25 to transfer and $17 to receive it here with BMO.
It's always handy to have evidence just in case, just stick it in your bag. My fiancée wasn't asked about his finances at all when he landed
hey,

thats exactly what i was thinking i got a hsbc account and was going to transfer money over to that account and once i land in canada and set up a hsbc account there then i would transfer money across to the canadian hsbc account made more sense to me. i will firstly need to get a print out of my funds on paper so that way i got proof just in case but i do know that family class they dont ask for proof of funds at all, because i am sponsored.

thanks alot for that now it made more sense to me.

Tweety35

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
File Transfer...
jan 2012
Med's Done....
19th april
Passport Req..
12th august
VISA ISSUED...
26th august
LANDED..........
hey guys,

i know this is a long shot but what happens to your pension scheme in the uk? does that get transfered over to your job in canada automatically or is there a way of taking out your pension eariler? considering that i am only 36 ...

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Hi everyone,

We've been on holiday in B.C. for the last few weeks, its so nice to come back to the forum and see all the Stage 1 approvals, COPRs and landings. Congrats to everyone who has had good news!

At the border in Vancouver airport we asked the immigration officer about landing without the COPR. He said that it is up to the discretion of the officer on duty, but that its usually not a problem and you don't need a return ticket. We also asked one of our friends who is also an immigration officer (but on the criminal investigation side) and he confirmed this. He added that if stage 1 has been approved then it looks even better. Only thing is you can't work or get health insurance. I know this is what everyone has already been saying, but we wanted to confirm, just to be on the safe side :)

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Tweety35 said:
hey,

thats exactly what i was thinking i got a hsbc account and was going to transfer money over to that account and once i land in canada and set up a hsbc account there then i would transfer money across to the canadian hsbc account made more sense to me. i will firstly need to get a print out of my funds on paper so that way i got proof just in case but i do know that family class they dont ask for proof of funds at all, because i am sponsored.

thanks alot for that now it made more sense to me.
Hi Tweety,

Just to let you know, HSBC charge a considerable amount of money to use their account transfer option (unless you have a premier account). If you want a cheaper option you may want to think about just writing a cheque, in pounds from your British account to your wifes Canadian one. We have done that and most of our money is now sitting in our CIBC account. If the amount is under £5000 then it goes through without any issues, and takes about a week. You can obviously write as many cheques as you want. Check with the bank about fees, but for us it worked out much much cheaper.