+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Canooknic said:
Thank you! I can't believe how different our lives are to last year, I'm so happy!!

Unfortunately my sister-in-law is still a 1st class b1tch about me taking her darling brother and nephews away from her but hey-ho I'm sitting in glorious Canadian sunshine and she's moaning in the UK rain...again!! :p :p
understand both your feeling and your in-laws feeling, totally opposite!! maybe you can suggest him/her to immigrate over ;)

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Hey guys.

I am just starting the forms and stuff for my PR application. My boyfriend is Canadian and we've been together for around 18 months. I am just wondering what I should put for the date we became (or will become, rather) common law. Basically I returned from the UK to Canada mid June last year (I returned to England for 1.5 months to apply for my new one year working holiday visa). We moved in together at the beginning of July but we moved into a shared house (though to be honest all we shared was the kitchen and laundry facilities, we had our own private living area with separate entrance) and we weren't on the lease, we just subletted for a couple of months until we moved into our own apartment in September (both on the lease for this place and it's just us). I have the emails between myself and the lease holder of the house we moved into in July arranging viewings and saying we'll move in and that we paid the deposit and I can also go back on my online banking and show the transactions for this, so do you think it would be accepted that we moved in together in July, or is it best to wait until September, as we have the joint least to show as something more concrete? We have also had a joint bank account since March 2011.
Obviously I would love to apply in July, also because I will be living from savings as I won't be able to work any longer, so the quicker we get this in, the quicker we will get a decision. I have enough to last me a good 10-12 months but even so, I don't want to push it.

Sorry for the long winded question, so much stuff going through my head right now.

Many thanks :)

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Also, applying in September will give us another few months of the relationship, almost two years in fact, do you think this will help as well, or is over a year and a half and living together (with pets!) considered a good concrete relationship? I am obviously overthinking this to death... apologies. I hope we stand a good chance. I think we do.

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
liuminparis said:
no, legally you are not allowed to do it even for job without pay. It is still treated as a job
That's a shame, I was hoping to volunteer for the local food bank, litter clean ups and other community stuff to try and fill my free time. It's going to be very weird, and boring, to have so much of it.

dysonjonathan

Jan 22, 2010
Hi everyone!

I will be filing outland through London once I get my bloody FBI clearance back, eventhough I'm in the States as a PR. It seems like applications are being processed ahead of the 7 month time frame stated on the CIC website.

Does anyone know if this is normal or is it just a lucky time of year?

So does that mean the whole process is only taking about 6 or 7 months from when the entire application was sent in?

That would be amazing!

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
dysonjonathan said:
Hi everyone!

I will be filing outland through London once I get my bloody FBI clearance back, eventhough I'm in the States as a PR. It seems like applications are being processed ahead of the 7 month time frame stated on the CIC website.

Does anyone know if this is normal or is it just a lucky time of year?

So does that mean the whole process is only taking about 6 or 7 months from when the entire application was sent in?

That would be amazing!
Hi dysonjonathan,

I applied at the beginning of January, got sponsorship approval after about 6 weeks and a decision was made on Monday of this week. So in total 5 months. I think the sponsorship approval is taking about 3 months at the moment, but the total time should still be about 6 months, so still well under the 7 months they say it will take.

Looking at Pinklady's spreadsheet, almost everyone has been having their applications completed in quick time over the last 3 years.

Good luck with your application :)

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
Woffles said:
Also, applying in September will give us another few months of the relationship, almost two years in fact, do you think this will help as well, or is over a year and a half and living together (with pets!) considered a good concrete relationship? I am obviously overthinking this to death... apologies. I hope we stand a good chance. I think we do.
Hi Woffles,

That's a tricky one. It would depend what sort of evidence they need to satisfy that you were living together. If you weren't on any kind of tenancy agreement then maybe they would accept a letter from person / people you shared the house with along with the emails between you. If that's acceptable then I would go for it and apply ASAP. If they need actual contractual proof that you lived together before renting your apartment together then I would wait until you can prove that you have been living together for a year. Mind you, having had a joint bank account together for over a year is good proof of your common-law status.

I'm definitely no expert though, so maybe others on this thread would be able to give you a more definite answer than me.

Good luck :)

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
Woffles said:
That's a shame, I was hoping to volunteer for the local food bank, litter clean ups and other community stuff to try and fill my free time. It's going to be very weird, and boring, to have so much of it.
I have to disagree with this point. You can volunteer in most cases where you are not remunerated. Generally, you need a work permit in order to get a SIN number (NI number) in order for your employer to pay you. Conversely, if you are not being paid, you don't need a SIN and therefore don't need a work permit. See the following link for details:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/work-volunteer.asp

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
dysonjonathan,

Im just behind NevilleUK in the process. Our forms were submitted on 21st Mar 12 and I have still not had sponsor approval back yet and we are on 9 weeks now. We expect to hear back within the next 4 weeks. If not I guess I will try and contact CIC.

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
Woffles said:
Hey, check out this manual which explains pretty much everything you need - I used this to structure my application in terms of meeting all the criteria. This manual is available on the cic website but is pretty hidden. If the link doesn't work just google Family Class manual.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
COPR received today! :eek: I can't believe it! My other half, who I'm sponsoring, got home from work before me and saw the card from the Post Office, so she jumped in the car and raced off to the Post Office, and lo and behold it was the COPR! I'll update my timeline so everyone who has applied over the last few months can see what the general waiting times are like. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. Right, off to crack open the Moet! 8)

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NevilleUK said:
COPR received today! :eek: I can't believe it! My other half, who I'm sponsoring, got home from work before me and saw the card from the Post Office, so she jumped in the car and raced off to the Post Office, and lo and behold it was the COPR! I'll update my timeline so everyone who has applied over the last few months can see what the general waiting times are like. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. Right, off to crack open the Moet! 8)

congrats

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

u know when u go to ECAS. it comes up like

Sponsorship Application Status : Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status : Application Received

but when I click on Application Received
it comes like :

We received *********** application for permanent residence on January **,****

Medical results have been received.

question is , did they start considering my application or still it hasn't been opened???

thanks

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
NevilleUK said:
Congrats! thats amazing, did it really take less than 5 months! fills me with hope :)