+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
mrmcstevie said:
D'oh. I guess I'll skip the work permit until I get PR. I'll put in a study permit application as I have been studying here in the US (because I'm unable to work on the visa). As for the border, it seems strange that they would have a problem letting us across in a UHaul. After all, my wife is a Canadian citizen, and it is a permanent move to Canada, at least by my wife! I'd prefer to be honest, and tell them that at the very least my wife is moving up, and I am there to get her settled in. If they ask, I'll say it's my intention to apply outland for PR. I'll book a flight for 6 months after we arrive, in case I do need to leave, though I'll get it refunded once (or if) my extension is approved, and also have a letter from my family re: accommodation.

When we cross, am I right in thinking we should have a list of our belongings, including their costs, as we may have to pay import duty on them. Are there any other things I should know about the border? It seems from what I've read that it's less painful to enter there rather than via an airport.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.
Steve
Hey Steve, no problem. If you start looking into the PR process now, and submit it before you get to Canada, if possible, you shouldn't have to wait too long for approval. One thing that I would mention to you first off is that if you have been residing in the US for a while (you will have to check how many months) you may have to get a criminal/background check from the US (as well as the UK and wherever else you have lived for a significant period of time). I have a friend who had to get this and this can take some time for the US ones to be processed. So you may want to look into this asap.

As for the border, did you buy everyting in the US? i.e. your wife isn't just returning with stuff she bought in Canada? I am not really sure how it works but I think to be on the safe side you should make a list of everything you are bringing across and value. If you still have receipts for stuff you should maybe have them to hand, but otherwise I am not sure how you would prove value etc. It's not really an immigration issue because its your wife's stuff who as you say is already Canadian, so I am not sure how that process works. Sorry!

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
sway_in_de_wind said:
We are only a couple of days off two months since they received our application to sponsor. This is dragging, feels so slow.

We didn't pay electronically, we sent a bank draft with the application, so don't have any client numbers or reference numbers. If we call them will the tell us if we have one yet so we can check our status on line? Or is it just a case of sit and be as patient as I can.

If its the latter how will they notify me of their decision? Do the send it by post or e-mail?

Thanks
Hi sway_in_de_wind,

Once you have received sponsorship approval, you will be sent an email (or at least that's what happened to me) stating this. It will include a unique client identifier number and an application number. My UCI doesn't work on ECAS (electronic client application status - you will find this on the CIC website) but my application number does work.

So, you'll have to sit tight and wait I'm afraid. Check Pinklady's spreadsheet (you'll find her on this thread - the link to the spreadsheet is at the bottom of her posts) to see how long it is currently taking other people to get sponsorship approval.

Good luck. Try to put it out of your mind. Trust me, it's less agonising ;)

Jan 3, 2011
Southampton, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-05-2012
File Transfer...
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27-07-2012
Hi Pinklady, just been watching more than anything but thought you may like to add our stats.

I am sponsor (wife)

Application sent 19th Feb, 2012
Application received 21st Feb 2012
Confirmation of application received: 11th May, 2012
Sponsorship approved: May 16th, 2012
Awaiting transfer of file back to London.

We have been together 17 years, married almost 11 and have 2 kids. My husband has been made redundnat and ends his job in June, we have already sold the house and are due to complete in August. Hoping to get back to Canada in time for Tim (son) to be sorted in schools/clubs for September. Dom husband) should be able to get a TWP if necessary as he is an embedded software engineer.

Andrea

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
mrmcstevie said:
D'oh. I guess I'll skip the work permit until I get PR. I'll put in a study permit application as I have been studying here in the US (because I'm unable to work on the visa). As for the border, it seems strange that they would have a problem letting us across in a UHaul. After all, my wife is a Canadian citizen, and it is a permanent move to Canada, at least by my wife! I'd prefer to be honest, and tell them that at the very least my wife is moving up, and I am there to get her settled in. If they ask, I'll say it's my intention to apply outland for PR. I'll book a flight for 6 months after we arrive, in case I do need to leave, though I'll get it refunded once (or if) my extension is approved, and also have a letter from my family re: accommodation.

When we cross, am I right in thinking we should have a list of our belongings, including their costs, as we may have to pay import duty on them. Are there any other things I should know about the border? It seems from what I've read that it's less painful to enter there rather than via an airport.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.
Steve
Hey Steve, you might find this link helpful http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/fr-ar-eng.html

mrmcstevie

May 16, 2012
Excellent! Cheers Weegie, you're a star! I applied for my FBI police check a few days ago, and I've heard it's taking up to 8 weeks so I reckon we'll have to apply once we get in to Canada. The UK Police check takes about 10 days so it's the FBI check that'll prove a pain. Like you say, we'll itemize our stuff, and try to attach values, but not sure yet if we're gonna try to flog most of it and start again in Nanaimo. I had a look at the immigration manual OP10 and don't foresee any problems. As long as they are happy that I will leave if the PR app gets refused, they should let me in no bother. I will also book a flight and have a letter from my parents stating that I have a place to live in Scotland, as proof that I am there, at least initially, just as a visitor. I'll also have my Bank of Scotland statements on hand. However, like I say, this will be the LAST move! I'm 31 now and have lived in 20 different places since I was 18. The RAF, Merchant Navy, and a Canadian wife are not friends to continuity!

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
mrmcstevie said:
Excellent! Cheers Weegie, you're a star! I applied for my FBI police check a few days ago, and I've heard it's taking up to 8 weeks so I reckon we'll have to apply once we get in to Canada. The UK Police check takes about 10 days so it's the FBI check that'll prove a pain. Like you say, we'll itemize our stuff, and try to attach values, but not sure yet if we're gonna try to flog most of it and start again in Nanaimo. I had a look at the immigration manual OP10 and don't foresee any problems. As long as they are happy that I will leave if the PR app gets refused, they should let me in no bother. I will also book a flight and have a letter from my parents stating that I have a place to live in Scotland, as proof that I am there, at least initially, just as a visitor. I'll also have my Bank of Scotland statements on hand. However, like I say, this will be the LAST move! I'm 31 now and have lived in 20 different places since I was 18. The RAF, Merchant Navy, and a Canadian wife are not friends to continuity!
Jeezo Steve - I have lived in Glasgow and Toronto and I am 28. I feel unworldly and untravelled haha. Good luck with everything. If you need anything else, let me know. Always happy to help a fellow Scot!

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Thank you NevilleUK. I guessed that this was how things worked but I needed confirmation. It seems that I have another month ish before I hear anything. Trying not to think about it but Im excited. Thanks for your reply and good luck with your application too

rebabe246

May 14, 2012
Fhaider said:
Hi rebabe246

CIC is processing applications received on 7 th Feb. unfortunately you have to wait for them to start considering ur app. Just keep checking cic processing times on website every Tuesday. They reply in a couple of month

Regards
thank you for your reply will be waiting to hear from cic.

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
hi all frends i was a bit busy so i have don my repeat
medical on 6 may and its reached to cic london at 14 may .so any news from yameen and yasiin me and they both waiting from last one year so i am waiting for my ppr soon inshallah

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
imran 901 said:
hi all frends i was a bit busy so i have don my repeat
medical on 6 may and its reached to cic london at 14 may .so any news from yameen and yasiin me and they both waiting from last one year so i am waiting for my ppr soon inshallah
Hi quick question for you...how come they requested medicals from you in april...was this a second set?

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
Logged onto ecas today. DECISION MADE! AAAARRRRGH! Very excited but also very nervous!

bally21

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Northern Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2012
LANDED..........
28-07-2012
NevilleUK said:
Logged onto ecas today. DECISION MADE! AAAARRRRGH! Very excited but also very nervous!
Woohoo!! Congrats!! How long was it from sponsor approval to COPR?

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
NevilleUK
Congratulations! Not bad hey, less than 6 months. Keep us all updated. ;D

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
How do you get to put all the stats down the left of the screen? I mean Catagory, app files, visa office, file transfer and meds done all with the dates.

bally21

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Northern Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2012
LANDED..........
28-07-2012
sway_in_de_wind said:
How do you get to put all the stats down the left of the screen? I mean Catagory, app files, visa office, file transfer and meds done all with the dates.
You need to have 10 posts and then go into your profile and on the left hand side you click preferences and you can edit it there!