+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Tayva said:
Hello all!

I've been quietly lurking for weeks on this thread and finding comfort from all the posts. Thank you! I have a couple of questions and I hope someone can offer guidance, suggestions or comments please.

I am Canadian, born and raised and living and working here in Canada. My hubby is English and currently residing and working in England. We are in the process of filling out the application for sponsorship and permanent residency (we both have such busy working lives and the process is...well something else. :D We want to get everything perfect even though we know ours is a straightforward case and living in separate countries doesn't make it easier) but in the meantime we wish to travel to see each other in our home countries. We just recently got married in Canada after back and forth travelling for the last five years. Now that we have decided to live in Canada together it can't come soon enough. It's so exciting!

My question is for me to visit him in the UK for a week or for him to come to Canada for a week at a time to visit do we need visitor visas? A UK visa or Canadian visitor visa? I'm so worried that we will be turned back at the borders but I haven't seen anything online about needing one for a short visit less than 6 months.

If anyone has any experiences or advice to share it would be greatly appreciated.

All the best! :)
Hi there, congrats on your wedding. Neither of you need visas to visit each other, you're free to travel for up to 6 months without a problem (a major benefit of finding a British man judging by some of the stories I've seen on here!!)
Hope your application is processed quickly xx

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I applied in London Office

App filed: 4th January 2012 CIC-M
App Rec : 5th January 2012
Sponsorship Approval : 6th March 2012
Medical done : 10th December 2011
Medical status updated by CIC : 24th April 2012

Can anyone please add me in spreadsheet

Also, if anyone can tell what happens next...

Thanks

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
Fhaider said:
looks like no one answers here... :p
The weather is great over here, and it's Mother's Day today, so maybe that is why it's quiet on here today. I waited for a few weeks for my decision, so you will hopefully hear something in the next 4 weeks or so.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Fhaider said:
looks like no one answers here... :p
They are doing the background check bit now and if everything is in order they will ask for passport to stamp the one entry visa. Thats pretty much it

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys. If u have anything else to tell please share. Thanks one again.

usewes

Jul 4, 2011
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/03/2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
bonitanita said:
When I go on the website to track my application, I can't do it even though I have a Client Id number. Anyone know why?
How far in the application process are you? There won't be any updates to track your application until after initial sponsor approval. Until then, it is just a pile on a desk! (Unfortunately)

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
Hi everyone

Finally i heard back from CIC London now after 3 months background checks process. They asked me what kind of travel document i have now and if i dont have one, how long it would take for me to obtain one. I am required to respone within two weeks now so i was wondering if they have reached a decision on the file and they wanted to issue the visa or they wanted to ask me to redo my medicals as they are going to expire soon. So my quesion is why they wanted to know about the document now becasue in the application i hade already stated that i had one with me now and sent a copy of it with the applicaion?

Any comment on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
bonitanita said:
When I go on the website to track my application, I can't do it even though I have a Client Id number. Anyone know why?
Are you from Scotland? I couldn't get on for ages and it's because I was putting my country of birth as the United Kingdom (which is obviously correct!) but there is also an option to choose Scotland, which you should use if that's what you put on your application. They clearly don't know that Scotland is part of the UK!

If you aren't from Scotland, ignore the above!

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Yasiin said:
Hi everyone

Finally i heard back from CIC London now after 3 months background checks process. They asked me what kind of travel document i have now and if i dont have one, how long it would take for me to obtain one. I am required to respone within two weeks now so i was wondering if they have reached a decision on the file and they wanted to issue the visa or they wanted to ask me to redo my medicals as they are going to expire soon. So my quesion is why they wanted to know about the document now becasue in the application i hade already stated that i had one with me now and sent a copy of it with the applicaion?

Any comment on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
At last there appears to be movement for you. Sounds like they are getting ready to issue you with the visa - I am assuming if it was a no they would have advised by now? What are you waiting for? Respond to them right away and tell them that yes (or no!) that you have your passport ready etc. Despite the fact it is in your file, they probably haven't gone through it to check and instead taken the lazy option which is to ask you rather than find out themselves. You could spend ages trying to fathom out why they ask these questions, but if I were you I'd not waste time thinking over it. I really don't think they would be asking about the status of your passport if it was a no. Good luck.

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
Victorfoxtrot said:
At last there appears to be movement for you. Sounds like they are getting ready to issue you with the visa - I am assuming if it was a no they would have advised by now? What are you waiting for? Respond to them right away and tell them that yes (or no!) that you have your passport ready etc. Despite the fact it is in your file, they probably haven't gone through it to check and instead taken the lazy option which is to ask you rather than find out themselves. You could spend ages trying to fathom out why they ask these questions, but if I were you I'd not waste time thinking over it. I really don't think they would be asking about the status of your passport if it was a no. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice. I have already responded to them and advised them about the status of my passport on the same day. The immigration officer who requested for the info has set a BF:D (Bring forward date) to first June on my file in which my medicals will have already expired by then so that is why i was wondering why s/he wants to know about it.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Fhaider said:
Hi

Also, if anyone can tell what happens next...

Thanks
Hi, I have now added you to the spreadsheet.
The next update you will get will be from London, when they will either request more information from you or issue you with the COPR. Another option is they ask you to come in for an interview. Could be another month or so before you hear anything.
Good luck!

BBG83

Aug 15, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hi Tayva,

Sounds like your situation is a lot like mine. I am a Canadian citizen by birth married to a British man (we were married December 2011.) He returned to the UK in January and I haven't seen him since! :(

Luckily I'm a teacher so I get to spend the entire summer with my husband in England. I simply cannot wait! :) So to answer your question: visiting each other is easy peasy! You don't need anything except your passport! And you can come and go almost as you please. But be honest to immigration for your reason to visit. For example, just to be on the safe side this summer, I am going to have a copy of my marriage certificate, a copy of my receipt to Citizenship & Immigration, and my flight back to Canada in August. I probably don't need all of that, but I figure I'd rather be on the safe side and show I really am married to a British citizen, that he will be moving to Canada, and that I will be returning to Canada (as I've paid $1040 for him to move to Canada so it's unlikely I will stay past my visitor visa for the UK!)

Good luck with getting the application ready! It took us a lot longer to get it together but I'm happy it's in and now we wait!

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
The movement of this forum is decreasing day after day. Is it like we no longer don't care about relating our stories on the forum?