+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

canadiali

Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 December 2011
AOR Received.
21 February 2012
File Transfer...
13 April 2012
Med's Done....
November 2011
Pinklady, at last I can ask you to update the spreadsheet! We heard today that the sponsorship was approved on 13 April. What a long wait!!! It seems it was processed in Ottawa, not Missasauga. Papers are now on the way to London.

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
canadiali said:
Pinklady, at last I can ask you to update the spreadsheet! We heard today that the sponsorship was approved on 13 April. What a long wait!!! It seems it was processed in Ottawa, not Missasauga. Papers are now on the way to London.
CONGRATS!!

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
UPDATE ON SENDING GOODS TO CANADA!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I found an excellent company that sends your goods to Canada.

http://www.transglobal.org.uk/

You can use your own boxes and you just give them the dimensions and the weight. You can send single boxes or send multiples in a consignment. They use a wide range of companies but they have heavily discounted prices.

We sent 107kg in 6 boxes and it was only GBP 238.00. This was with UPS on air freight and will be in Canada in 2 days. They collect it for you and deliver it direct to the recipient. And you can track it online.

We had initially looked at shipping but that was around about the GBP 250 mark for 80kg and took 12 weeks. I thought I'd let everyone know as this has worked out way better for us and I can't believe our stuff will be there on Wednesday. I have more stuff to send and will send it just before I leave, but I was so surprised at the cost I felt I had to let everyone know!!

:D

BBG83

Aug 15, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Passport Req..
Exempt
Thanks pinklady, I just wanted to make sure! :)

I got my tax return! I really desperately want to send in the visa application this week. Can I just take a photocopy of my notice of assessment for my own records and send this one in, or is there a difference between the notice of assessment I got with my tax return and the option C printout I request from the CRA?

In other news, I'm writing a "relationship continuum" that documents my & greenman's life together. I'm not sending photos loose and instead inserting them into the document with captions. Kind of like a storyboard. Hope this is ok. Sending photos loose felt so disorganized.

I was going to include screenshots of my Facebook account that shows comments on my new relationship status. Is this going overboard? Already my "relationship continuum" is 69 pages long and I'm not even done inserting photos or writing a bit about them!

Annndd one last thing. I use his last name personally but haven't legally changed my name. Thus, all my forms are in my maiden name but some of the personal emails I've sent since getting married show my married name and new email address. Should I just explain I plan to take my husband's name but wanted to wait until after the visa process is over?

Any other tips or hints? I'm getting so excited to mail it in! Then the waiting game begins. Thankfully, as a teacher, I have summers off and will be spending summer with my husband in England while he waits for his visa!

PS- Thanks trickydicky16 for posting that, I'll have to let my hubby know... We just started discussing the need for a good shipping company!

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
trickydicky16 said:
UPDATE ON SENDING GOODS TO CANADA!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I found an excellent company that sends your goods to Canada.

http://www.transglobal.org.uk/

You can use your own boxes and you just give them the dimensions and the weight. You can send single boxes or send multiples in a consignment. They use a wide range of companies but they have heavily discounted prices.

We sent 107kg in 6 boxes and it was only GBP 238.00. This was with UPS on air freight and will be in Canada in 2 days. They collect it for you and deliver it direct to the recipient. And you can track it online.

We had initially looked at shipping but that was around about the GBP 250 mark for 80kg and took 12 weeks. I thought I'd let everyone know as this has worked out way better for us and I can't believe our stuff will be there on Wednesday. I have more stuff to send and will send it just before I leave, but I was so surprised at the cost I felt I had to let everyone know!!

:D
This is good advice, we too had envisaged the whole 3 month shipping thing, but in your post the numbers look better on the air freight. Great info. Thanks for posting. ;)

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
So, since the forum won't let me start a new topic, I thought I'd ask my friends in the London, UK, thread.

I am landing next Tuesday (FINALLY!) and am hoping I won't screw it up. The only thing that has me worried is that the COPR didn't really come with a checklist or even just a list of documents you need at the border. I'm reading through different people's stories and seeing talk of birth certs, passport sized photos, etc., and panicking.

Here's what I (assumed) I would need:

COPR
Passport
Proof of Funds
List of Accompanying Goods (nothing to follow).
Photocopy of Birth Cert.

Do I need anything else?

My main concern is that the COPR instructs you to type up your list of goods accompanying (and following) but now I'm seeing people talking about a special form (B4A or B4??) that you need to use. I think I can get this on the CIC website but do I need to use it or will a typed list suffice? I think I came across it before but it doesn't have a whole lot of space for stuff. I'm not bringing a ton of stuff (basically three weeks worth of clothes, my laptop, and a few pairs of shoes), but if I'm listing 18 pairs of socks and 24 pairs of knickers the list might start to drag on...

Thanks in advance!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hey,
You will need the COPR, passport and list of goods. Are you having any things shipped over at a later date?
The list of goods accompanying, don't worry too much about it. You can write your own general list or use the form, both will suffice.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

You may or may not need copy of birth and marriage certificate. Most likely not, but it doesnt hurt to be prepared.

You do not need proof of funds - this is only for immigrants in other classes.

Good luck!!

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Hi Pinklady, please update my application recieved April 13 on your spreadsheet thanks :)

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Thanks so so much PinkLady! Really appreciate it. :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Irishladyloo said:
Thanks so so much PinkLady! Really appreciate it. :)
You're welcome, good luck with everything!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
h-india said:
REGarding imm 0008.do england have national identity document or not.
No, send a photocopy of your passport and birth certificate. If the UK is not your home country then also send copies of any immigration documents etc.

h-india

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
pinklady said:
No, send a photocopy of your passport and birth certificate. If the UK is not your home country then also send copies of any immigration documents etc.
PINKLADY thank you very much for your answer.

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
Hi all frnds I was a bit busy in my work still waiting for ppr it's more then 8 and half months no ppr I sent e mail enquiry on 10 of April but no reply yet I am very worried now my visa and med both expire in 1st week may 2012 any news from yameen and yasiin ?

BBG83

Aug 15, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Passport Req..
Exempt
In the Application to Sponsor it asks if I, the sponsor, has used any other names. While I haven't legally changed my name, I go personally by my married name. As such, some of the emails between my husband and I say my married name instead of my maiden name. Do I need to put it on the Application to Sponsor or is it okay to just add a note to the emails I print out saying I go by my married name in my personal life?