+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
Spreadsheet

Morning all,

Just looked at the spreadsheet and looks like it will take a couple more weeks before I get my 'In Progress'. Exciting times! Fingers crossed ;) ;)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I just realised, its my one year anniversary of becoming a permanent resident!! :)

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
I just realised, its my one year anniversary of becoming a permanent resident!! :)
oh wow Congrats on completing one year as PR!

time is really flying by, almost a year ago I filed my application seems like yesterday

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
pinklady said:
I noticed that this morning! Your timeline is similar to mine, except the processing times were less last year! Congratulations!

Dex34

Apr 10, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Am officially new to the London thread as of today- but have been an unofficial reader of all things advice related since the time i applied - June 2011.

Would like to say thanks for all the advice. Cic received my application on June 27 2011 and have had 'IN Process' on my ecas account until the April 02 this year when it changed to DECISION MADE.

After clicking on decision made a block with PERMANENT RESIDENCE at the top comes up.
Does this mean permanent residence has been approved? -I have had no PPR request yet or any COPR in the post yet. Hope this means good news :D

englishmaninCAN

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
06-04-2012
Pinklady, my sponsorship was finally approved last week according to a call I just had with the CIC. However they sent it incorrectly to Buffalo!!! so Now I have to figure out how to get this corrected and sent back to london. Everything was right on my application, I just double checked the saved copy I had and it says London, they obviously messed up :eek: nightmare!!

Nathan75

Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2012
AOR Received.
Stage 1 11-July-2012, Stage 2 27-Sep-2012
File Transfer...
11-July-2012
Med's Done....
04-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2012
LANDED..........
Soon
pinklady said:
I have added you to the spreadsheet, let me know when it is received in Mississauga!
Thanks!
Thanks pinklady, arrived today the 10th

Nathan

Nathan75

Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2012
AOR Received.
Stage 1 11-July-2012, Stage 2 27-Sep-2012
File Transfer...
11-July-2012
Med's Done....
04-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2012
LANDED..........
Soon
pinklady said:
Ooh and congratulations too.

GalloQuebecois

Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-05-2012
Hi,

the process seems very complicated.

My wife is Canadian. I am British. We are resident in the UK.

I have been offered a job in Canada and there is so much I find confusing about this process.

Can anyone help??

1) I need a medical, right? Who can do this?

2) There is a great spreadsheet but I don't understand the acronyms - please translate!

3) The "process" from applying to arriving is about 5 months, right?

If anyone has any advice - please bring it on!

Thanks!

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
GalloQuebecois said:
Hi,

the process seems very complicated.

My wife is Canadian. I am British. We are resident in the UK.

I have been offered a job in Canada and there is so much I find confusing about this process.

Can anyone help??

1) I need a medical, right? Who can do this?

2) There is a great spreadsheet but I don't understand the acronyms - please translate!

3) The "process" from applying to arriving is about 5 months, right?

If anyone has any advice - please bring it on!

Thanks!
1) http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
2) AOR= acknowledgement of receipt(this is no longer provided and you wont hear from london untill ur medicals received u will find this on ecas)
PPR=passport request(final stage in your process but as u r british from dec 2011 you will not receive it but you will receive COPR=confirmation of permanent residence)
3) this is a rough estimate it might take from 3 months to 18 months depending on your background but generally if you are born and raised in UK this will not take that long

Cheers and good luck

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Read through the application guide and all the forms to get a general idea.
The sponsor complete part one and the applicant completes parts 2 and 3. All parts are mailed together to Mississauga. They will assess the sponsors eligibility and if approved will send the application to London for processing of the PR application.

A medical is required and must be done by a DMP http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

The sponsor will need an option C printout or if you're residing in the UK, pay stubs from the last year. The sponsor will also need to include proof of plans to return to Canada. Job offer/searches, letters from family offering help financially or a place to stay, shipping enquiries, school offers... anything.

Also pay all fees up front to avoid later delays, total is $1040.

Read through forms and guides and if you have more questions ask away.

Acronyms... PPR - passport request. London no longer request the passport for UK citizens as they are visa exempt. The purpose of the passport request was to issue a one time entry visa. But since UK citizens do not require a visa to enter Canada, this step has been skipped. It saves time. Now the COPR will be issued directly. The confirmation of Permanent residence is the piece of paper required for landing at the port of entry in Canada.
Once you land you can get a SIN, apply for healthcare, etc. The PR card will arrive automatically in the post 4-6 weeks later. You provide the mailing address for PR card at time of landing.

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Hi, this is my first time on here.

I am Canadian and I am sponsoring my girlfriend of 6 yrs in the family class. We both live together in the UK and have submitted the application to sponsor to Mississauga along with her application for PR.

We have not yet had her medical done as we read it was only valid for one year and needed to be valid on the date of landing in Canada. We tracked our application to Mississauga with Royal Mail and it arrived with Mississauga on 21st March. Also we did not pay electronically we included a bank draft with the application.

When would be the best time for us to do her medical? As nothing was done online how do we find out about our applications progress with out ecas or any ref number?

Thanlk you

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
You should've completed the medical before sending the application. In fact on the document checklist, one of the items asked for is the copy 2 of the medical report-section A.
I suggest you go and get the medical done asap and once you have a file number/client ID, to send in the copy 2. The results of the medical go straight to immigration where they match up with your file once processing begins. If you wait to have a medical requested it will cause severe delays.

You will get the file number once they approve the sponsorship application in Mississauga. This is currently taking around 75 days. You will be able to log on to ecas once you have this file number or client ID.

Yes medicals are only valid for one year and yes the expiry date is the date you must land by. Most London PR cases are completed in much less time than this. And even if not they will request a new medical.

Take a look at the spreadsheet (link below my posts). Most applications are completed in 4-5 months total.

englishmaninCAN

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
06-04-2012
englishmaninCAN said:
Pinklady, my sponsorship was finally approved last week according to a call I just had with the CIC. However they sent it incorrectly to Buffalo!!! so Now I have to figure out how to get this corrected and sent back to london. Everything was right on my application, I just double checked the saved copy I had and it says London, they obviously messed up :eek: nightmare!!
Pinklady, not sure if you saw my post above. Sponsorship finally approved April 5th - yet sent to wrong place. trying to get it sorted with CIC as we speak. Approved at least though

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Hi, can i join you guys? just sent out paperwork yesterday for spousal sponsorship. im canadian, hubby is hungarian and were both currently living in dublin ireland so london uk is our home office...good luck to everyone!