+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
Canooknic said:
Congratulations!! As far as I know, you will need to notify them of the status change, I'm not sure how it works now because when I sponsored my fiancé he had to send a form with his passport to notify them of changes before they sent the COPR to him.
Luckily there are super duper people in this thread that will give you a definite answer!
Hi Canooknic,

Thanks for the congratulations and thanks for your reply :) Did you get engaged during the application process? Is the form online that you had to fill in, or did they send it to you?

Thanks again.

Neville.

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Okay my application was signed for on Feb 15th and I have still yet to recieve any other confirmation that anything is actually being done with my apllication, the website says to wait 55 days, but it (the website) also still says processsing application recieved on January 25th!!!! it's been like that for weeks........anyone recieved a letter from CIC who's application was recieved in Feb?????

cheers (the wait is killling me)

visanews

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In relation to: ""Okay my application was signed for on Feb 15th and I have still yet to recieve any other confirmation that anything is actually being done with my apllication, the website says to wait 55 days, but it (the website) also still says processsing application recieved on January 25th!!!! it's been like that for weeks........anyone recieved a letter from CIC who's application was recieved in Feb??

cheers (the wait is killling me)""

Hi,

I am in the same position as you. They received mine on the 3rd feb. I called on the 30th march and was told to call again in 2/3 weeks. I am not even on their system yet. They said once the file is opened, the decision is made on the same day but there are delays. So its just a case of sit and wait I'm afraid.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
NevilleUK said:
Hi all,

I'm just after a bit of advice please. My girlfriend, who I'm sponsoring, and I have just got engaged and we plan to marry before we land in Canada. We applied as common-law partners, but we're not sure how this would effect our application / my fiancé's visa. Would the visa be incorrect or invalid, or does this not really matter? Would we need to start the application process again? Sponsorship has been approved, and my fiancé's application is currently in London waiting to be processed.

Any advice from someone who has gone through this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Neville.
Hi Neville, Congratulations on getting engaged and the wedding!
I don't think it will cause too many issues. As soon as you are married you should send a certified copy of the marriage cert to London so they can update your file. All the forms are identical whether applying as common law or married so I think it will be ok. Better to let them know in advance than to inform them when its time to land. (They ask if your circumstances are still the same)
It may cause a delay to the processing.

To confirm, you could send a case specific enquiry to London. I did this asking about changing the name on my passport and they responded in about 4 days.
www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/contact_visa_contactez.aspx

When are you planning on getting married? You might be getting the COPR in a month or so, maybe 6 weeks - according to the spreadsheet.

Good luck with everything.

englishmaninCAN

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
06-04-2012
Caddboy said:
Okay my application was signed for on Feb 15th and I have still yet to recieve any other confirmation that anything is actually being done with my apllication, the website says to wait 55 days, but it (the website) also still says processsing application recieved on January 25th!!!! it's been like that for weeks........anyone recieved a letter from CIC who's application was recieved in Feb?????

cheers (the wait is killling me)
A heads up for you and the post below yours, mine was received on the 13th January and I STILL havnt had my letter or email. My application was only opened last week and the current timeline based on people using the British Expats forum is the same as mine. I wouldnt expect to hear anything for at least the next 4 weeks. so hold tight as hard as it may be.

The'we are working on applications received on the 25th January' cannot be correct and I imagine it will stay like this until they catch back up, there must be a huge backlog.

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
pinklady said:
Hi Neville, Congratulations on getting engaged and the wedding!
I don't think it will cause too many issues. As soon as you are married you should send a certified copy of the marriage cert to London so they can update your file. All the forms are identical whether applying as common law or married so I think it will be ok. Better to let them know in advance than to inform them when its time to land. (They ask if your circumstances are still the same)
It may cause a delay to the processing.

To confirm, you could send a case specific enquiry to London. I did this asking about changing the name on my passport and they responded in about 4 days.
www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/contact_visa_contactez.aspx

When are you planning on getting married? You might be getting the COPR in a month or so, maybe 6 weeks - according to the spreadsheet.

Good luck with everything.
Thanks Pinklady :)

We are planning to get married (very) shortly before we land in Canada so we can make our wedding a part wedding celebration / part fair well party. I know this wouldn't leave any time to send the certificate to the London office before we land, and even if we did then I guess it wouldn't give them enough time to do the necessaries with it. Do you think this is likely to cause problems? Am I assuming right that, even after COPR has been received (fingers crossed), we would need to send our marriage certificate to the London office? Would it cause issues if we showed our wedding certificate when we landed?

Sorry for asking lots of questions. We're meticulous planners, so we want to make sure we know all of the potential pit falls to our visa application before we start planning our wedding.

Many thanks for the link to the enquiries page. I'm going to send them an email asking for some information on this too.

Neville.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hi,
I really don't know the consequences of showing up at the POE and saying 'yes circumstances are changed, we're now married' I don't know whether it would make a difference or not.
Best thing to do is send a CSE and see what London say.
The reason I am unsure is that all the personal details are printed on the COPR and I don't know whether they would need to issue an updated COPR before you could land.
Sorry!

GBL2011

Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2011
File Transfer...
22-11-2011
Med's Done....
06-08-2011
NevilleUK said:
Thanks Pinklady :)

We are planning to get married (very) shortly before we land in Canada so we can make our wedding a part wedding celebration / part fair well party. I know this wouldn't leave any time to send the certificate to the London office before we land, and even if we did then I guess it wouldn't give them enough time to do the necessaries with it. Do you think this is likely to cause problems? Am I assuming right that, even after COPR has been received (fingers crossed), we would need to send our marriage certificate to the London office? Would it cause issues if we showed our wedding certificate when we landed?

Sorry for asking lots of questions. We're meticulous planners, so we want to make sure we know all of the potential pit falls to our visa application before we start planning our wedding.

Many thanks for the link to the enquiries page. I'm going to send them an email asking for some information on this too.

Neville.
My husband recently received his COPR. It states that if there is a change in your status that you need to let them know before you go to land so they can let the border officials know. It doesn't specifically say why, but it does ask that if you have had a change in status (ie. birth of a child or marriage) that you need to notify them.

Hope that helps! :)

visanews

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
englishmaninCAN said:
A heads up for you and the post below yours, mine was received on the 13th January and I STILL havnt had my letter or email. My application was only opened last week and the current timeline based on people using the British Expats forum is the same as mine. I wouldnt expect to hear anything for at least the next 4 weeks. so hold tight as hard as it may be.

The'we are working on applications received on the 25th January' cannot be correct and I imagine it will stay like this until they catch back up, there must be a huge backlog.
Just checked today and the applications received date has gone back to the 18th January!!

Nathan75

Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2012
AOR Received.
Stage 1 11-July-2012, Stage 2 27-Sep-2012
File Transfer...
11-July-2012
Med's Done....
04-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2012
LANDED..........
Soon
Hey pinklady can you add me to the list too, app sent on the 4 apr

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
hmmm...'Decision made' appeared on ECAS a week ago, but nothing in the mail so far.

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
Thanks so much to everyone that's given their advice to me regarding the whole marriage thing. I have emailed London and explained my situation, so hopefully they get back to me soon so we can plan when to have our wedding day! It does seem though from what you're all saying is that it's best to get married well in advance of landing so that all the necessary gubbins can be dealt with in London before we land.

Thanks again to everyone who has offered their advice on this matter.

Regards.

Neville.

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Hi Guys,

So that's me getting us all packed up. I am going to send my stuff with UPS, I know I have to put a packing list in it but will there be duty or excise to be paid on my personal goods?

Thanks for the help. It's nice to be able to ask people these questions.

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Yeah Just saw the CIC webpage and they have gone backwards instead of forwards and added 20 days to the processing times!!!! "Working on applications received January 18th, 2012" processing time: 75 days (up from 55 days)......guess I have to wait till MAY now!!! ahhhh this is fustrating. One good note is our daughters certificates of Canadian citizenship arrived while we were on holidays, so onlly waiting on the wife's PR application.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Nathan75 said:
Hey pinklady can you add me to the list too, app sent on the 4 apr
I have added you to the spreadsheet, let me know when it is received in Mississauga!
Thanks!