+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
Hey everyone,

Just had a hugeee shock :) In work and thought Id check the cic and it now says Decision Made concerning my Husbands PR. Im excitedddddddddddd!! And a little worried. Ohhhh this is stressful! :p I dont want to do any work now..lol!

xxxxx

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
zaig said:
good after noon every one . i had to pack up my laugage so i couldnt sleep whole night . so i reached airport at 7 o clock . boding and every thing done quickly then i decided to hang around in duty free shops. suddenly i heard my name in speakers that my flight is waiting for me if i don't reach in 10 minutes to gate 38 i will be left . what an ediot you are i know all you will say caz i said myself same . i run towards flight and made in time there was an old lady sitting next to me and she said furiously oh it was you caz of whom we were getting late .i got my self settled on seat at the same time crew member came and requested me if i can sit in different seat which was completely and thats how i got rid of that old lady . then i wake up just an hours before landing . in my first look i dint like i do believe england is more greenish . i dint find any greenery in canada it was looking horibal . reached calgary airport which was not at all busy so i managed to reach to immigration counter . there were only two three person standing when u walk towards immigration they greet you but immigration staff i dint find them friendly at all . only the chinese looking man at custom was nice he greeted and talked friendly . i do believe england has much better customer service . its immigration officer gave me entry and show me a way i have to go and meet another immigration officer who quickly full fill my forms . and then custom it took 5 minutes my wifi was jumping out side that long wait came to end reached home where my wifi arranged a surprise party for me . one more thing that airtansit airline worth for that money seriously . i am happy .. wish u best of luck all .
Congrats Zaig :)

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
thanks aim .. when and where will u land .

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
Me again,

Pink Lady, I was just wondering when it changes to decision made, do you normally recieve something in the post regarding the decision? :)

xxx

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
lesleyaddy said:
Me again,

Pink Lady, I was just wondering when it changes to decision made, do you normally recieve something in the post regarding the decision? :)

xxx
Yes - it means COPR is on it's way. It arrives by registered mail and requires a signature, so make sure you look out for the delivery card if there's not going to be anyone at home. I've never heard of anyone being rejected who hasn't had prior warning either in an interview or because they have requested more info etc.

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
Victorfoxtrot said:
Yes - it means COPR is on it's way. It arrives by registered mail and requires a signature, so make sure you look out for the delivery card if there's not going to be anyone at home. I've never heard of anyone being rejected who hasn't had prior warning either in an interview or because they have requested more info etc.
HI Victorfoxtrot,

YAY....is that when we have to send my husbands passport off? Soooo excitedddd!!!!

Lesley xxx

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
lesleyaddy said:
HI Victorfoxtrot,

YAY....is that when we have to send my husbands passport off? Soooo excitedddd!!!!

Lesley xxx
If you're applying through London and have gotten Decision Made, chances are you won't have to send anything. The COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) is on its way to you in the post and that's what you need to land at the border/point-of-entry when coming to Canada.

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
Irishladyloo said:
If you're applying through London and have gotten Decision Made, chances are you won't have to send anything. The COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) is on its way to you in the post and that's what you need to land at the border/point-of-entry when coming to Canada.
YAY!!! Sooooo in theory once we recieve the COPR we can go go goooo?? :p lol xxx

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
lesleyaddy said:
YAY!!! Sooooo in theory once we recieve the COPR we can go go goooo?? :p lol xxx
Hey, congrats on decision made!!
Yep, once you receive the COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) you are free to go and land. London has eliminated the PPR because the purpose for it was to attach a one entry visa to your passport, but since you are already visa exempt, you don't require this visa to enter canada so now you just get the COPR in the post.
Just land and you're done!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
123me said:
Pinklady, someone on another forum would like their details added to your spreadsheet to help with the stats gathering. I will copy their message.

Married route outland via London. Application Sent: 7th Nov. Application received in Mississauga: 9th Nov
Sponsor Approved: 16th Jan. Medical received 19th Jan
In Progress March 16 (Not on ECAS). Decision Made March 19th(on ECAS). COPR Recieved 21st March.

Name is Peng
Hi, I have now added Peng to the spreadsheet, thanks!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
xebex said:
Problem is i want to go home for a month next christmas, put the application in, then come back in January and wait it out whilst i'm with my BF in Canada. How do i get round this?
Hi Xebex, I did almost exactly the same as you. I applied outland through London. We posted the application from Canada in December, then I went back to England for Christmas. I came back to Canada in January and stayed for the remainder of the process. Most people going through the London office do not get called for interviews.
It is perfectly acceptable to apply outland while visiting Canada, outland vs inland only means the visa office, not your physical location. That said, to apply inland, you must be in canada. Usually, people from visa exempt countries apply outland as its much faster.
You can apply to extend your stay as a visitor to obtain your 12 months cohabitation for common law.
When the process is complete and you receive your COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) you can make a trip to the border to land.
Any more questions, ask away :)

englishmaninCAN

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
06-04-2012
Anybody from January had sponsorship approval yet? Still waiting for mine 74 days on and 3 calls to the CIC. Keep telling me to wait.. :eek:

vet25

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27/04/2012
LANDED..........
I'm not from the January applicants, but it took 107 days for me to get sponsorship approval :( even though I emailed them and called them (and the website kept saying something like 59 days to process!) they kept telling me to wait!.... hang in there, it will arrive soon!!!

englishmaninCAN said:
Anybody from January had sponsorship approval yet? Still waiting for mine 74 days on and 3 calls to the CIC. Keep telling me to wait.. :eek:

englishmaninCAN

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
06-04-2012
vet25 said:
I'm not from the January applicants, but it took 107 days for me to get sponsorship approval :( even though I emailed them and called them (and the website kept saying something like 59 days to process!) they kept telling me to wait!.... hang in there, it will arrive soon!!!
I just got my sponsor to ring up and they had opened it earlier today (PHEW!) have her client id now. So at least I know its been opened, will expect sponsorship approval soon hopefully! Took 74 days to be opened