+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
englishmaninCAN said:
Anybody know what 'applications received on' day they are working on? The website says Jan 3rd and has been stuck on that for a week!! processing has gone up to 55 days too. Mine was received Jan 13th, hoping to hear soon :-\
It'll be updated tomorrow sometime so hopefully you'll be shifted up the queue abit.
I know how hard the waiting is. Hang in there!

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Jonnysion said:
Does anyone have any pointers on how to obtain this from the UK? I've been searching for an hour but keep going around in circles.
Thanks in advance!
Hello!!

The police certs are a pain in the hole, aren't they!

Here's how to get one from the UK (see FAQ #5):

http://www.met.police.uk/information/faq.htm#q5

**EDIT**

I've just noticed that the link provide there doesn't actually work -- try ringing the police certificates desk directly: http://www.acro.police.uk/contact_us.aspx

In case you need it, here's how to get one from the FBI, too:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks

You might want to start with that one, as I understand it can take quite a while for the FBI one to go through.

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, it took us 8 weeks to get our FBl certificate.

Jonnysion

Dec 14, 2011
Thanks for the replies.
I will indeed make the FBI application a priority... No idea how to get my fingerprints done, can't say that I've ever needed to do that before!

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jonnysion said:
Thanks for the replies.
I will indeed make the FBI application a priority... No idea how to get my fingerprints done, can't say that I've ever needed to do that before!
Go to your local police station in the UK, they will help you in some capacity. Either do it there, or they will direct you to where you need to go.

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
hi every one how .

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
hi just a strange question although it dosnt effect me but just being curious .. when we apply for citizenship do they go through again this process i mean medical and police certificate from other countries and then background checks from all other countries .. just a crazy question .?

SH8288

Jan 9, 2012
well i don't think so they will do the same but yea they will check your track record in Canada for 3 to 5 years which will you spend in Canada after PR.

Colleen38

Oct 10, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2012
Hi everyone. Called that number you gave me pinklady which did eventually get me through to someone at CIC. Basically, the woman on the phone said it didn't really matter if I was past the 48 day point, and just told me what the website says - which is they are working on applications received the 3rd of Jan (55 days) - mine was received the 5th of Jan :( So she didn't give me any info I didn't already have and said she couldn't help me until it shows they are processing applications past the date mine was signed for. At least now I know that I can call that number once it goes past the 5th of Jan - which hopefully when they update the date today it will be!

So.... back to the waiting game. Hope to get an email soon!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
zaig said:
hi just a strange question although it dosnt effect me but just being curious .. when we apply for citizenship do they go through again this process i mean medical and police certificate from other countries and then background checks from all other countries .. just a crazy question .?
No, its a pretty simple procedure. You need to have been physically present in Canada for 1095 days (3 years) out of the last 4 years. You complete a residence calculator and you have to state any time you left Canada, even for 1 night. Once you reach the 1095 days you are eligible to apply. Its one form to complete, plus the residence calculator and copies of 2 forms of ID as well as a photocopy of your PR card. They also want a copy of your COPR so don't lose it!! Fees are $200.

No medical or police certificates required.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Colleen38 said:
Hi everyone. Called that number you gave me pinklady which did eventually get me through to someone at CIC. Basically, the woman on the phone said it didn't really matter if I was past the 48 day point, and just told me what the website says - which is they are working on applications received the 3rd of Jan (55 days) - mine was received the 5th of Jan :( So she didn't give me any info I didn't already have and said she couldn't help me until it shows they are processing applications past the date mine was signed for. At least now I know that I can call that number once it goes past the 5th of Jan - which hopefully when they update the date today it will be!

So.... back to the waiting game. Hope to get an email soon!
It will update today but usually later this afternoon or the evening, so it will probably be tomorrow before you can call.
I hope you get some news!

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Thanks pink lady

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pink Lady, update for the spreadsheet please, my husband received his COPR today! Not sure the date on it though. We had decision made on the 4th, and he said it was mailed yesterday.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
123me said:
Pink Lady, update for the spreadsheet please, my husband received his COPR today! Not sure the date on it though. We had decision made on the 4th, and he said it was mailed yesterday.
Congratulations!! Thats great news. I will put down the date that you received it, this is what I have done for others.
Really great news though :)

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
Congratulations!! Thats great news. I will put down the date that you received it, this is what I have done for others.
Really great news though :)

Great, thanks Pink Lady! Best of luck to everyone still waiting.