+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Porosh-pathor

Sep 23, 2011
good to see u guy's here such a helpful forum. i just have a few quries about spouse visa in canada. i lives in london n my wife lives in canada in this case i would like to apply for spouse visa in canada,how do i process this application.do i need to apply in london canadian embasy or my wife need to apply in canada. could u plz help me about this in details ...........................thank you

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
Sure I can add you.

App Sent and App Received it when you send to Mississauga and when they recieve it.
Sp. Approval is the date of email/letter from Mississauga with sponsor approval.
AOR is acknowledgement of receipt. London used to update ecas saying 'we received your application to sponsor xxx on...." however they now just use the date that Mississauga received it, so this column is pretty much defunct.
In process is the date London start processing your application.
PPR is passport request. London used to request the passport so they can issue a one entry visa. They also send out the COPR confirmation of permanent residency.
COPR date. Recently, London have been skipping the PPR step as UK citizens are visa exempt. Therefore they just send out the COPR in the mail.

Some people are still asked to send in their passport, others are asked to send photocopies of passport pages.

Hope this helps!

Once it says in process, does that mean we are on the homestretch? Ours turned to In Process today, after getting our missing police checks for my husband's dependent kids.

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Still nothing in the post for us today. Maybe tomorrow!

Jeri27

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
I have a question. So my wife has her COPR and all the paperwork it came with. She does NOT have a PR Card. Is that something she gets at the airport or she has to apply for one? I've read it should come with one in the immigration process?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Jeri27 said:
I have a question. So my wife has her COPR and all the paperwork it came with. She does NOT have a PR Card. Is that something she gets at the airport or she has to apply for one? I've read it should come with one in the immigration process?
When she lands and signs the COPR document, they will ask for a Canadian address. The PR card will automatically be sent to this address and will arrive in 4-6 weeks after landing.
She doesn't have to apply for it separately.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Porosh-pathor said:
good to see u guy's here such a helpful forum. i just have a few quries about spouse visa in canada. i lives in london n my wife lives in canada in this case i would like to apply for spouse visa in canada,how do i process this application.do i need to apply in london canadian embasy or my wife need to apply in canada. could u plz help me about this in details ...........................thank you
Start here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Read all the guides and all the forms. You will send all 3 parts to Mississauga where they will assess your wife as a sponsor. Then they will forward the application to London where they assess your Permanent resident application.

When you have read through everything, ask more questions. There is too much info for me to just tell you what to do.

Jeri27

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
pinklady said:
When she lands and signs the COPR document, they will ask for a Canadian address. The PR card will automatically be sent to this address and will arrive in 4-6 weeks after landing.
She doesn't have to apply for it separately.

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Hi There. I'm new to the site, (been reading everyone's experiences with interest) We've got everything ready and just booked our meds for 2 weeks time. ;) Does anyone know the latest time scale for a very straight forward citizen sponsoring his own wife and kids through London? We anticipated the whole thing to take about 4 months, and were expecting to land sometime in the summer, but some of the horror stories ive read talk of it taking about a year!! :eek:

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Average time is about 4-5 months from start to finish.

Click the link to my London spreadsheet to see timelines for forum members since 2010.

And welcome to the forum :)

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
pinklady said:
Average time is about 4-5 months from start to finish.

Click the link to my London spreadsheet to see timelines for forum members since 2010.

And welcome to the forum :)

bealily

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29,2011
File Transfer...
October 11, 2011
Passport Req..
January 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 15, 2012
Got my passport in the mail this morning :) Took 3 weeks from the time they received in London until I got it back in Canada.

So now I can start planning my trip to the USA border and come back as a permanent resident :) I´m in Calgary so it is only about a 2.5 hour drive.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Congratulations, great news!

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once it says in process, does that mean we are on the homestretch? Ours turned to In Process today, after getting our missing police checks for my husband's dependent kids.

Porosh-pathor

Sep 23, 2011
HI! pinklady thank's for your information,I just quite wandering,do i need to fill all these 3 part of forms by myself or my wife need to fill part 1 sponsorship forms? do i need to do medical when i apply or they will late me know later on?.................... thank's and waiting for ur reply.

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
Hi any update from yameen , ahm2229 ,yasiin I sent request doc on 07 feb then I sent I e,mail on Sunday to cic London regarding my case but no response my visa med and student visa both exp 1st week may I very worried still no ppr request form London pls I need advice from all member what I do ? Shall I involve
Mp or wait I week more pls give me suggesion my case transfer to London office 18 oct 2011