+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
nessa O199 said:
Victorfoxtrot congrats!! :D

I sent my passport to London and they recieved it the 6 of Feb. I am still watiting for it with the PR. so.. It has been 3 weeks already.

How Long took for you guys? ty
i was wondering the same, how long does it take after you send the photocopies of your passport page. I see if you hand it in to the office it takes 2 weeks. Is that the same for posting it back? I'm desperate to get it so we can book our flights.

englishmaninCAN

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
06-04-2012
Pinklady,

I got your PM but i cant reply, to answer your question, no i have not received sponsorship approval yet. hopefully any day now!

jcdavies

Feb 28, 2012
Hey PinkLady my first time poster here been on the britishexpat site alot though would love for you to add me to you spreadsheet

My application was sent 20feb12 and received 22feb12

and sorry to be a bit din just had two general questions as well what exactly do all the headings stand for and when could i expect to look at the status of my application online?

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Thanks for the congrats everyone. I am so relieved. Now the job hunt begins. Getting OHIP and the SIN number was easy really. Just make sure you check out on-line for the documents needed so you don't have a wasted trip. You need three pieces for OHIP - one from each list.....I took COPR, my passport and my Ontario Drivers license. For SIN number just COPR and a passport will do. A little bit of waiting around, and you have to go to different places for both, but otherwise uneventful. SIN number can be used straight away - she gave me my number and said the card would come in the post in 10 days. Also got my OHIP number and he said the card shoudl arrive a few days prior to my coverage beginning.

Colleen38

Oct 10, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2012
Hi everyone. Still no news :mad: on my sponsorship approval, even though some have it who sent theirs in after me... starting to panic! Wonder what the hold-up is - we have 2 kids but both have canadian passports so not sure why that would cause any sort of delay....

Can I just confirm that you can't check on the CIC site unless you've received your sponsorship approval and can use that number? I have the CIC receipt number and have been trying to check using that but it doesn't seem to recognise it... Any advice please?

Getting concerned - please help me calm down!!!

arbs

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-21012
Sent in forms on Monday, let the waiting games begin.

Also, wanted to thank this forum for helping me, I would have been lost without you people. :-*

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Pinklady,

When you say it take 48 days, I assuming that's 48 working days with weekends excluded???? We are going to be in Canada in March / April so we can have a tour around Calgary and see how it's changed, plus sitting some interviews and speaking with nurseries, etc.... I'm just wondering if we'll have the news while we are in Canada before we return to UK or will we have a few days to wait once we are back....this waiting period with no acknowledgment that they are actually doing ANYTHING is gonna kill me!!!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
englishmaninCAN said:
Pinklady,

I got your PM but i cant reply, to answer your question, no i have not received sponsorship approval yet. hopefully any day now!
Fingers crossed you'll hear something soon. Be sure to keep me updated!! :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
jcdavies said:
My application was sent 20feb12 and received 22feb12

and sorry to be a bit din just had two general questions as well what exactly do all the headings stand for and when could i expect to look at the status of my application online?
Sure I can add you.

App Sent and App Received it when you send to Mississauga and when they recieve it.
Sp. Approval is the date of email/letter from Mississauga with sponsor approval.
AOR is acknowledgement of receipt. London used to update ecas saying 'we received your application to sponsor xxx on...." however they now just use the date that Mississauga received it, so this column is pretty much defunct.
In process is the date London start processing your application.
PPR is passport request. London used to request the passport so they can issue a one entry visa. They also send out the COPR confirmation of permanent residency.
COPR date. Recently, London have been skipping the PPR step as UK citizens are visa exempt. Therefore they just send out the COPR in the mail.

Some people are still asked to send in their passport, others are asked to send photocopies of passport pages.

Hope this helps!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Colleen38 - When you use the receipt number, do you use the sponsors details? Also you could try calling the call centre, you are past the 48 days. They are now processings applications received on Jan 3rd. The number is 1-888-242‑2100. Be patient, it can take a while to get through.

Caddboy - the 48 days is just days, not working days. As far as I know! The total number of days for sponsor approval on my spreadsheet it pretty consistent with the CIC estimates. You should hear something around the end of March/early April. You may get the news while you're away. Fingers crossed they bring the wait times down. This time last year it was approximately 30 days!

ps3playa

Jan 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2011
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
Oct-2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-Feb-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
27-Apr-2012
Ladies and gentlemen, guess who got DM :)

My wife called me from India, right as I was getting up for the day. Best news ever! I was going down to India for a friend's wedding, so we will be travelling back together.

@balibali mine also says DM outside, and all the old stuff when I click on it.

englishmaninCAN

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
06-04-2012
pinklady said:
Fingers crossed you'll hear something soon. Be sure to keep me updated!! :)
whats the best way for me to check using ecas? for example, should i use receipt number and my sponsors details or my current UCI number (have one from my work visas) and my details? - just wanted to know which way i would have the most luck searching from if I were to try..

I know it might not even be up yet and I havnt heard anything but i guess theres no harm in trying!

ps3playa

Jan 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2011
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
Oct-2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-Feb-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
27-Apr-2012
oops, totally posted in the wrong thread!!! fail

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
englishmaninCAN said:
whats the best way for me to check using ecas? for example, should i use receipt number and my sponsors details or my current UCI number (have one from my work visas) and my details? - just wanted to know which way i would have the most luck searching from if I were to try..

I know it might not even be up yet and I havnt heard anything but i guess theres no harm in trying!
Try all the different combinations. For me using the receipt number and sponsor details worked. Then when I had the client ID I was able to use that and my details.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
ps3playa said:
oops, totally posted in the wrong thread!!! fail
Haha I noticed. Congrats though, hopefully the PPR will come through soon.