+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
dancanman said:
Hi guys.

A quick explanation on my current situation. Seeking advice from someone with simular experience.

My application is being processed in London, and I'm currently living in Canada with my Canadian wife, who has been approved as sponsor.
I have 3 children, in my homecountry, from a previous marriage (We were divorced in 2001, and my ex-wife had sole custody of all 3 children).

I recieved a request from London today, to send documents proving that my ex-wife, in my homecountry has sole custody of my youngest child (he's 15). This is not a problem, as I have court papers, from this case, stating that she got sole custody of all 3 children. Furthermore they ask for proof, that I tried to have the youngest examined, and wasn't succesful in achieving this. ( I have no idea how I would prove, that I asked, had I done so ?).
I have no intention to ever try to sponsor any of my children in Canada, nor would they ever want to move to Canada.
I have 2 other children from this marriage, who are legally adults (24 and 19), and they request either "A detailed CV (What's this ?), or a schedule 1", for both of these children.
Now, I have had no contact to neither my ex-wife, nor the children, for several years, and as I said I have no intention to sponsor any of them.
Furthermore, I would prefer not to stir the pot, so to speak, and ask my ex-wife for anything, as it would be pointless, and nor do I wish to contact my kids with any of this, as I said, we haven't had any contact for several years, and I believe it's best for everyone, to keep it like that, at this time.

My question is this. Is there a way to simply let immigration know, that I have no intention to ever sponsor anyone, and will they accept this, along with the court papers stating, my ex-wife's sole custody ?

Thanks for any advice.
Hi dancanman,

I hope someone can answer your question with a bit more authority. Having not been in this situation, I cannot say for sure how this will play out. However, I can tell you that when filing my own application (my boyfriend is the sponsor and I am the principal applicant with no dependents), I was required to fill out ALL information for my immediate family, despite the fact that I had no dependents/am intending to emigrate to Canada alone. We had a lawyer throughout the process and when we returned the forms to her, she sent them back requesting that these fields relating to my family be filled out. I asked if this was necessary, given my siblings cannot be sponsored by me and my dad doesn't plan on moving here and she said that they need all of the relevant information regardless... Even for my mother who I haven't seen in 12 years!

I notice you say "they ask for proof, that I tried to have the youngest examined, and wasn't successful in achieving this." I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're saying. Did they ask for proof that you have had the youngest examined or, in the event that you cannot do so, proof that you have at least tried? Or is it that you've told them already that you tried but failed and now they're looking for proof?

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
helo pink lady i have requested you before can yo please tell me the longest processed case in chc london .. i am pakistani national and my case has already taken 11 months and 4 months after interview . this is 5th month after interview says every time they are doing back ground check. thank you very much .

dancanman

Sep 6, 2011
Irishladyloo said:
Hi dancanman,

I hope someone can answer your question with a bit more authority. Having not been in this situation, I cannot say for sure how this will play out. However, I can tell you that when filing my own application (my boyfriend is the sponsor and I am the principal applicant with no dependents), I was required to fill out ALL information for my immediate family, despite the fact that I had no dependents/am intending to emigrate to Canada alone. We had a lawyer throughout the process and when we returned the forms to her, she sent them back requesting that these fields relating to my family be filled out. I asked if this was necessary, given my siblings cannot be sponsored by me and my dad doesn't plan on moving here and she said that they need all of the relevant information regardless... Even for my mother who I haven't seen in 12 years!

I notice you say "they ask for proof, that I tried to have the youngest examined, and wasn't successful in achieving this." I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're saying. Did they ask for proof that you have had the youngest examined or, in the event that you cannot do so, proof that you have at least tried? Or is it that you've told them already that you tried but failed and now they're looking for proof?
Hi Irishladyloo

I believe, it's all about having everything done IN CASE I choose to sponsor any of my kids, at a later time.
I did provide all information about everyone related to me, in my application, including half brothers, I have not even spoken to .... ever ;)
What they're asking for, is proof that I have tried to have a medical done, on my youngest child, and failed to get it, for any reason whatsoever.
I have NOT tried to have medicals done on him, since we have not had any contact, and there is no way, sponsoring him will ever be an issue, but I also have no idea, how I would be able to prove, that I asked him, or his mother, and they refused to have it done, had I ever asked for it.
I thought, at some point, while I was filling my application, that I saw some document, you could fill out, in case you had no intention of sponsoring family members at a later time, and was willing to give up the opportunity, but I can NOT find anything about it now.

Anyone with any experience, please ?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
zaig said:
helo pink lady i have requested you before can yo please tell me the longest processed case in chc london .. i am pakistani national and my case has already taken 11 months and 4 months after interview . this is 5th month after interview says every time they are doing back ground check. thank you very much .
Hi Sorry!
The longest case on the spreadsheet is 394 days, and I am not too sure what the actual delay was with this case. So you have contacted London and they are saying they are doing background checks correct? There is not much more you can do other than keep emailing. You could also ask your sponsors local MP to get involved and try to find out what the problem might be.
Good luck!

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
thanks pink lady . it means one year and 1 month my .. my case were transfered in march 2011 and in next month it will be one year i am not adding the time frame of ist setp of 37 days . well my wife has called mp this week .. any ways thank you very much for your reply

Y

yameen

I got a letter sent to my Canada address.
I tried calling missassauga (very hard to spell this) but the number doesn't seem to be working from here.anybody know the number for missassuga from another country.
I fear the case is rejected for them to refund the rprf but then if that was the case they wud have informed us.the letter was dated 4 feb.

The fact that I'm in uk shud proof more that the marriage is genuine sheshhh.

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Okay, I get where you're coming from now.

As far as proof goes, I would say they might accept an email thread from you to your ex-wife requesting for the medical to be done. She will either respond with yes/no, and that will be it. If they haven't specified as to what kind of proof (such as demanding a signed, witnessed letter from his mother saying she won't allow it, for example), then I would assume an email from her refusing to have the medical done will be sufficient. If she doesn't reply, you could send her another message. Maybe give her a few weeks to respond but send several messages over that period? You could also try and call her. If she won't take your calls/isn't available to talk to you, you can reference this in your email ("I tried calling you on this date, on this time, regarding this matter..."). This should indicate you've made every effort to secure a medical but have been unable to do so. You could also call CIC and explain and ask what kind of proof is usually expected.

dancanman said:
Hi Irishladyloo

I believe, it's all about having everything done IN CASE I choose to sponsor any of my kids, at a later time.
I did provide all information about everyone related to me, in my application, including half brothers, I have not even spoken to .... ever ;)
What they're asking for, is proof that I have tried to have a medical done, on my youngest child, and failed to get it, for any reason whatsoever.
I have NOT tried to have medicals done on him, since we have not had any contact, and there is no way, sponsoring him will ever be an issue, but I also have no idea, how I would be able to prove, that I asked him, or his mother, and they refused to have it done, had I ever asked for it.
I thought, at some point, while I was filling my application, that I saw some document, you could fill out, in case you had no intention of sponsoring family members at a later time, and was willing to give up the opportunity, but I can NOT find anything about it now.

Anyone with any experience, please ?

lillia123

Star Member
Dec 2, 2011
birmingham
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-11
AOR Received.
8-11-11
yameen said:
I got a letter sent to my Canada address.
I tried calling missassauga (very hard to spell this) but the number doesn't seem to be working from here.anybody know the number for missassuga from another country.
I fear the case is rejected for them to refund the rprf but then if that was the case they wud have informed us.the letter was dated 4 feb.

The fact that I'm in uk shud proof more that the marriage is genuine sheshhh.
hi this is the number for calling Mississauga from outside Canada...
0016139444000, first chose option 1 then 2 then 1 and then option 2.
hope this helps.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone there,

just to let you guys know that I have landed today at pearson airport, it was pretty straightforward, staff was very helping and quick, I hardly spent 45 minutes from customs to Immigration, more than 35 minutes were taken by customs officer since he entered all the goods list in the system as i made some mistake while filling out those goods to accompany and follow list :D

they put wrong address on COPR but lady at the immigration counter corrected it for me without any problem, they handled the whole thing very professionally, received a welcome pack in a bag, was home in less than 1 hour, landing done, from here we go to next level :D

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Good luck husan bhai

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we got engaged last night. Won't be getting married till quite a bit after landing in Canada as we need to get ourselves established first. But just wanted to share it with you all

;D

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trickydicky16 said:
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we got engaged last night. Won't be getting married till quite a bit after landing in Canada as we need to get ourselves established first. But just wanted to share it with you all

;D

Congratulations on your engagement!

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
trickydicky16 said:
Hi Everyone!

;D
Ahhh! Amazing!! Congratulations! I'm assuming EVERYONE on the boards is invited, yes?

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
apcmwh said:
Hi NevilleUK

I feel your pain... We sent our application on 20 Dec and it arrived in Mississauga and was signed for on 22 Dec. Although we haven't received the sponsorship letter, it's quite a relief to get the AOR. At least we know that they haven't misplaced the application... yet!

If the timescales posted are correct, you should be getting your AOR / Sponsorship approval within the next couple of weeks so just hang in there!

Cheers
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, hopefully we'll receive AOR and sponsorship approval soon. I keep checking my email everyday, but nothing yet :( At least when you get the AOR you know the ball is rolling and they're looking at it, but without AOR there's always the fear that the application has fallen behind a radiator or something ;D (only joking if anyone who works for CIC is reading this ;))

Good luck with your application, and fingers crossed you get sponsorship soon.

Neville.